Thai schools set for one long session without a break - then begin again next May after two week holiday

webfact

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'll be taking my children for a holiday to the UK in October or December. I don't give a **** what the teachers say. 

They learn next to nothing anyway; Only xenophobic Nationalism, Religious superstition, and the rules on not losing face and corruption. Thats all you need in Thailand.

Edited by SunsetT

50 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

They learn next to nothing anyway; Only xenophobic Nationalism, Religious superstition, and the rules on not losing face and corruption. Thats all you need in Thailand.

I bet you aren't a teacher here are you? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, teatime101 said:

5 months at home - getting up at 2pm, going to sleep at 4am. Staring at one screen or another 12 hours or more... gawd. Policing a young teen's daily routine for an extra three months is not my idea of fun.

I've just set up the router to shut off wifi from 1am to 6am. She is not happy, lol.

She's probably talking to my son lol....but he get's up at lunch time these days...even turing off the air and fan doesn't phase him. 

9 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I have already decided I'll take my kids off school a couple of weeks next October, and probably again during Q1/2020. The idiots who made such decision probably haven't even educated their own kids.

Really looks that this government is just seen on inflicting as much pain as possible to everyone from age 4 onwards.

The kids are burned out aftet semester 1 - they pretty much learn 20 weeks straight with only public holidays. There is no way they can go without a mid year break. No way. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

FB3

Makes zero sense, and has no common sense or lateral thinking. In other words "par for the course".

Lunatics would run an asylum better.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CLS said:

They should take the opportunity and align Thai schools with international schools and start the new term in August.

That's not going to work... My kid has been on holiday since the 9th of March and was due to go back on 18th May... Going back in August would mean 20 weeks off school!! They're going back on the 1st of July now which is still 6 weeks too late... 

18 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Absolutely incredible. That will be complete torture.

The longest term I have ever done in an international school here is 9 weeks (the average is 6 - 7 weeks). Even 9 weeks is too long for the majority of students that need a break and a rest from learning. This is pretty much 9 months back to back. Wow. 

Enjoy your holiday now kids...