Second phase of easing lockdown measures from May 17

webfact

Second phase of easing lockdown measures from May 17

By THE NATION

800_4da0b60bae5e824.jpg?v=1588838662

The second phase of easing the country's lockdown will start on May 17, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Thursday (May 7).

He added that the National Security Council secretary had revealed the timeline of the second phase but the government will assess the situation and people's compliance with preventive measures from May 8-12 and review related information on May 13.

The guidelines for the easing in the second phase will be drafted on May 14, which will be presented for consideration to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha. The second phase of easing will likely be announced and started on May 17.

Taweesin added that the second phase of easing is expected to involve big businesses and mass gathering.

The country started the first phase of easing on May 3.

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387437

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-07

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I just want to be allowed back into the country.. Not bothered about 14 day quarantine, just want to be home with the missus !! I'm over this now...

I don't think international flights will happen soon considering domestic travel is so restrictive.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I just want to be allowed back into the country.. Not bothered about 14 day quarantine, just want to be home with the missus !! I'm over this now...

Haven't you ever heard.... absence makes the heart grow fonder???   :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mass gatherings (what does this mean?) maybe not. Small gatherings i.e. sitting around having a drink in a restaurant yes.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the government will assess the situation and people's compliance with preventive measures from May 8-12

Well this is just nonsence. Let's say there are people not complying in this period. How can they tell that this will be deliterious to the covid situation as it takes a bit longer than a few days to show up. 11th of May 1000 people not obeying my rules. Right booze ban again. I can just imagine it. The logic of a toddler throwing a tantrum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Lets hope full access to beach, and beach vendors, will be included on May 17.

And remaining business back to normal June 1.

Just in time for the second infection phase... which is widely thought to be due in July/August. My goodness, that'll cause the pigeon to scatter.

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Considering that almost every country has a 14 day quarantine I do not see that lifting in a hurry.  If you really want to get back I wuld suggest sucking it up and doing the 14 day quarantine in a military barracks or hotel.  Hey at least you will be in the country.

20 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Considering that almost every country has a 14 day quarantine I do not see that lifting in a hurry.  If you really want to get back I wuld suggest sucking it up and doing the 14 day quarantine in a military barracks or hotel.  Hey at least you will be in the country.

I meant I'm not bothered about doing quarantine... As in I'd be happy to do it if it means I can get back into the country...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ericnoodeeka said:

I feel sorry for you, luckily i just made it here on 10 march, stuck here now but at least im with my daughter and my wife. Better than being stuck in uk on my own. I hope they start flying soon so you can get home too.

Yeah likewise, i got in on the 12th.

I've been offered work oversea but turned it down coz of the unlikelyhood of getting back into Thailand any time soon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Me too ... it's getting seriously boring now

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

Dont get excited. All they will do is make the curfew from 11pm until 4am and make sure you all show your gratitude

I think its going to be a little more ready for whats coming...

webfact posted a topic in Thailand News: China, South Korea to be removed from Thai list of Covid hotspots
5 hours ago

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Other nations seem to be gearing up for a June restart of some international flights. It would be good if Thailand could as well in both directions, with appropriate precautions.

Its being prepared

webfact posted a topic in Thailand News: China, South Korea to be removed from Thai list of Covid hotspots
5 hours ago

17 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Same here, don't care if I have to jump thru more hoops than a circus seal to get back, I'm just so tired of where I'm living right now

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Its being prepared

5 hours ago

It's going to be a long time before many of the western countries are delisted, might not even be able to go until next year

8 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

It's going to be a long time before many of the western countries are delisted, might not even be able to go until next year

Hope they don't just deny people based on what passport they travel with, wouldn't surprise me though... 

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hope they don't just deny people based on what passport they travel with, wouldn't surprise me though... 

They'll deny people on the grounds of which countries they have visited recently and the Covid status of those countries. Its going to be a while before visitors from the UK and US will be allowed free passage. Can you blame them?

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

They'll deny people on the grounds of which countries they have visited recently and the Covid status of those countries. Its going to be a while before visitors from the UK and US will be allowed free passage. Can you blame them?

That's the logical path.. Don't be surprised to hear reports of people being refused due to carrying a certain passport though. Remember, IOs here make up their own interpretation of rules..