Hotels Scheduled to Open July 1, 2020

Banana7

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

they can open and soon after close again due to lack of customers... nobody is coming, people can't afford traveling

It's the big question

at the moment nobody knows

but it seems (In a recent survey publied here)

the chinese are ready to come back

not really a good news imo but Thailand 

seems desperate and need money urgently

I think when tourists do return, they will be welcomed by very hungry taxi drivers, tour operators and prostitutes, that need to find a way to recoup lost income.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Donbanpho said:

I was scheduled to travel to Thailand 2nd July. I have now rebooked for 5th December, I will be heading directly to Buriram (normally Pattaya first) to see the wife’s family and then final destination Hua Hin for golf with my buddies. We always go to Pattaya for 10-14 days during our trip but not this year or any year until we have a vaccine. We like to drink in the soi’s until 24.00 and then into walking street. Neither of these places can you manage social distancing and with the broad range of nationalities from so many countries visiting it would be impossible to know if your safe with any certainty. There are several strains and the mutated version which is much more contagious and deadly which hit Italy, Britain the states has not yet arrived in Asia. There is so much unknown still, such as immunity and how long it might last and for which strain. With the risk of the 12 hour flight plus Pattaya being an international hub and then the current exchange rate (40 today) I would think western tourist will be in short supply for many years. There is so much fear in the U.K. right now, we are waiting for Boris to brief the country on Sunday but the headlines are that there will be very little easing of the stay at home message, over 30,000 people have died everyone knows someone who died. Pattaya could get Asian tourists from Korea, China maybe some Indians But I think this will be it and for 3 years or more and here is why - Warren Buffett last week sold all of his shares in the top four US airlines, losing $40BN, he said these companies will chew through money and not recover for years, here in U.K. Virgin announced 3000 redundancies and BA 12,000. Ba are saying it will be 3-5 years before they recover to pre covid flight numbers. 

The best chance you have of getting the virus is airports and getting on airplanes.

No social distancing and aircon recycling air.

I won't be booking a flight from the UK until our incompetent government have decided that i am allowed to fly, won't be quarantined on my return.

I also have to wait for Thailand to reinstate visa on arrival and drop all the other demands they currently have.

If i was Thailand i would be letting UK citizens in last.

I wouldn't have booked a flight for December 2020. We will be lucky to be allowed to travel by December 2021.

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:16 AM, Banana7 said:

HR director at one of the Pattaya big chain hotels today said they are expecting international tourists only in October, at the earliest, when Thailand starts accepting international flight arrivals. 

Looks like we are in for a few more months of super low season.

Great news.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, twocatsmac said:

Yes, to swim amongst the excrement and feed the motorcycle taxi drivers. 

HaHaHa ..... I have been coming to Jomtien for 13 years now ..... and I have NEVER swam either on Pattaya Beach or Jomtien Beach!!!! For that I go over to Koh Larn (the far side Samae Beach) or down to Sai Kaew Beach. Unfortunately, for now - I am stuck in Oz and have to wait until the international travel is again allowed.

.... and I also despise the Moto Taxi's ..... and any other Taxi Mafia's in/around Pattaya!!

On 5/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, Henryford said:

I can't see the point of opening unless the toursits are back, The Hard Rock i guess caters to Westerners, they won't be here for a long time.

Doesn't Ong Beng Seng the Singapore tycoon own the franchise for the Asia Hard Rocks? He's worth an estimated $1.7 Billion. He more than likely never got to where he is today with the mind set "whats the point".

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

The best chance you have of getting the virus is airports and getting on airplanes.

No social distancing and aircon recycling air.

I won't be booking a flight from the UK until our incompetent government have decided that i am allowed to fly, won't be quarantined on my return.

I also have to wait for Thailand to reinstate visa on arrival and drop all the other demands they currently have.

If i was Thailand i would be letting UK citizens in last.

I wouldn't have booked a flight for December 2020. We will be lucky to be allowed to travel by December 2021.

Philippines is opening up to international travel tomorrow. countries will be opening much sooner than you think.

• Like 1

Some of the bigger hotels in EU will not be opening this year. They have a huge payroll , and it’s very unlikely that they would break even. A friend of mine has a well known restaurant, he will not be opening . The wages and social charges in EU are very high. Maybe it would be easier in Asia with low pay jobs, but only if the tourists come. 

6 hours ago, at15 said:

Philippines is opening up to international travel tomorrow. countries will be opening much sooner than you think.

But who can travel, closed borders and long haul foreign travel restrictions ? And who would want to ? 

On 5/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, spiekerjozef said:

It will be the new Pattaya.

Un-touched by tourism, a true pearl in Asia. :cheesy:

It's the pearl that ends up the problem especially when you can't find it ????

On 5/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, Henryford said:

I can't see the point of opening unless the toursits are back, The Hard Rock i guess caters to Westerners, they won't be here for a long time.

If enough number of local tourists book rooms in this hotel and some of the locdown restrictions are lifted by then, I don't see why they wouldn't open it. Covid will change habits and norms. on the other hand, I don't expect westerners or easterners traveling to Pattaya in 2020

19 hours ago, at15 said:

I happened to be in Manila for a few months now. Philippines is opening to international ARRIVALS only. Which are nothing but sweeper flights for Filipino citizens and overseas workers who want to return home. There is no international flight departures except sweeper flights for foreigners who live here on visa extensions and now want to return home or those who got stuck here during touristic travel.

1066730417_Screenshot_2020-05-11ManilaairporttoeasebanoninternationalarrivalsfromMonday.png.0b9b81ae2f0950cc4ded2424dea1a840.png

Edited by pattayadude

On 5/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Donbanpho said:

I was scheduled to travel to Thailand 2nd July. I have now rebooked for 5th December, I will be heading directly to Buriram (normally Pattaya first) to see the wife’s family and then final destination Hua Hin for golf with my buddies. We always go to Pattaya for 10-14 days during our trip but not this year or any year until we have a vaccine. We like to drink in the soi’s until 24.00 and then into walking street. Neither of these places can you manage social distancing and with the broad range of nationalities from so many countries visiting it would be impossible to know if your safe with any certainty. There are several strains and the mutated version which is much more contagious and deadly which hit Italy, Britain the states has not yet arrived in Asia. There is so much unknown still, such as immunity and how long it might last and for which strain. With the risk of the 12 hour flight plus Pattaya being an international hub and then the current exchange rate (40 today) I would think western tourist will be in short supply for many years. There is so much fear in the U.K. right now, we are waiting for Boris to brief the country on Sunday but the headlines are that there will be very little easing of the stay at home message, over 30,000 people have died everyone knows someone who died. Pattaya could get Asian tourists from Korea, China maybe some Indians But I think this will be it and for 3 years or more and here is why - Warren Buffett last week sold all of his shares in the top four US airlines, losing $40BN, he said these companies will chew through money and not recover for years, here in U.K. Virgin announced 3000 redundancies and BA 12,000. Ba are saying it will be 3-5 years before they recover to pre covid flight numbers. 

So, reading your post, it seems to make sense for Thailand to follow what the post right before you says:  Start with domestic tourism and then after that open up to Asian countries and see how that goes.  Leave Western countries, with the more virulent virus, for last. 

On 5/8/2020 at 3:54 AM, Banana7 said:

Most of the hotels in Pattaya have been closed since April 1. Hard Rock Hotel has posted on their facebook that they will be opening July 1, 2020.

I think 1 July will be too late as most schools will be reopening on that date, be it in class or via online learning.

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, what does that do tp businesses here that cater for western tourists?  

It means they go bankrupt Leaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????.

Isn't that brilliant for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lick your lips, laugh to yourself, sleep well.

But wait a minute Leaver. That means you you have nowhere to go and cheer everyone up.

Oh i forgot you don't go out. You eat and drink in your condo alone. Well maybe you pay for company sometimes.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:50 PM, WillyPlatt said:

It means they go bankrupt Leaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????.

Isn't that brilliant for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lick your lips, laugh to yourself, sleep well.

But wait a minute Leaver. That means you you have nowhere to go and cheer everyone up.

Oh i forgot you don't go out. You eat and drink in your condo alone. Well maybe you pay for company sometimes.

It doesn't necessarily mean they go bankrupt, but would mean they cease operating and close the doors.

I don't see that as "brilliant" for tourist, expats, and locals.  I don't think it's funny.  I think it's sad.  

We all have a vested interest in seeing Pattaya / Thailand prosper.  Some have financial interests here, some have emotional attachments here, some just like the place.    

I like Pattaya for the choice and variety of hospitality and nightlife.  Contrary to your belief, this is why I hope things remain the same after the virus, but it is plainly obvious to see that it will not be, and may take years to recover. 

I find it hard to understand that many people believe things will go back to being as they were, on the 1st June, or whatever date is chose to allow the nightlife to open up.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

It doesn't necessarily mean they go bankrupt, but would mean they cease operating and close the doors.

I don't see that as "brilliant" for tourist, expats, and locals.  I don't think it's funny.  I think it's sad.  

We all have a vested interest in seeing Pattaya / Thailand prosper.  Some have financial interests here, some have emotional attachments here, some just like the place.    

I like Pattaya for the choice and variety of hospitality and nightlife.  Contrary to your belief, this is why I hope things remain the same after the virus, but it is plainly obvious to see that it will not be, and may take years to recover. 

I find it hard to understand that many people believe things will go back to being as they were, on the 1st June, or whatever date is chose to allow the nightlife to open up.  

I don't have a vested interest in Pattaya, so long as there's somewhere to eat and get a beer (which there will be), i'll bi fine with it turning into a ghost town ( very selfish i know ).

It will not be the same after this is all over, it'll be quieter / cleaner ( maybe ) and less congested with traffic which will suit many expats i'm sure.