Which Bands or Artist have you seen live?

As the title says Which bands or Artist have you seen live? Good or Bad Im sure when you have seen some bands they have not lived up to your expectations Ive seen a few once out of a recording studio not that good.

Also let us know if you have any memories of that concert.

Where you saw them would be interesting to know see if other member can relate to that concert or event.

Also post a video if you can which was your best memory of that band or singer then we can see what style of music you like.

I f you are like me I can do without a TV but not my music and feel free to ask any questions along the way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im thinking hard who was the first it had to be Chuck Berry live at the Odeon Manchester his backing band was Kingsize Taylor & the Dominoes 1964

Having been a professional performer myself, I have not had a lot of time to go to concerts etc, but I saw George Jones twice in London, and the second time he walked off the stage because the sound system was faulty. I also saw him live in Nashville Tennessee, great show.

I have also seen Randy Travis and Charley Pride live in Glasgow. Also Roger McGuinn late of The Byrds, great guitarist and singer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Having been a professional performer myself, I have not had a lot of time to go to concerts etc, but I saw George Jones twice in London, and the second time he walked off the stage because the sound system was faulty. I also saw him live in Nashville Tennessee, great show.

I have also seen Randy Travis and Charley Pride live in Glasgow. Also Roger McGuinn late of The Byrds, great guitarist and singer.

You like C&W?

9 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

For me.

Janis Joplin reunited with Big Brother and The Holding Company. San Diego sports arena.

Must of been 69 or so.

I was 18, just got back from my first tour in Vietnam.

There was so much smoke...there was so much second hand smoke in the air...I was feeling no pain.

Yes, the old days were so much better than now, in more ways than one.

i bet if you had some quads og kush from humboldt county you would think otherwise. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You like C&W?

Yes, I played bass guitar, keyboards and sang a bit too in country bands all my adult life. Best country singer without any doubt was George Jones.

• Like 2

• Bruce springsteen 6
  • Amy Grant
  • Jackson Browne 
  • Clifton chenier and the red hot louisiana band
  • Albert lee
  • Harry chapin
  • Jessy Dixon (gospel amazing show!)
  • Los lobos  (drunk Houston me not them ..although)
  • Tina turner 2
  • Curtis steigers
  • Meatloaf
  • The bushbury mountain daredevils
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Saw him live at the Morecambe Bowl in the early seventies. Probably one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Awful.

I've seen too many bands to mention them all here but by far the standout live performance for me was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band at the Barrowlands, Glasgow, '74. A true performer who put on a proper show. The set ended with "Anthem" which included a professional opera singer and mid way through the song was accompanied with a Scottish pipe band who, much to everyone's surprise, entered the hall from the back and slowly marched through the audience, the pipes getting louder and louder as they neared the stage. Absolutely magical.

Sorry, the video doesn't do the live performance justice (play it at full volume to get some idea):

Sounds good

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Im sure some of you guys must have seen Billy Fury well you mum did 

IMO Billy Fury was about the best British pop singer in the sixties, as a kid I liked Cliff Richards early stuff and tried to imagine Billy Fury singing the likes of Livin Doll and Fall in Love with You, as he was a far better singer and performer than Cliff Richard.

Just imagine it. Billy Fury and The Shadows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I played bass guitar, keyboards and sang a bit too in country bands all my adult life. Best country singer without any doubt was George Jones.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Individual Concerts include amongst others:

Procol Harum

Prince

Bowie

Queen

The Stones

Talking Heads

Debbie Harry

Iggy Pop

The Cure

Madness

The Smiths

Bauhaus

Handsworth Revolution 

The Human league

The Jam

Steve Earl

U2

Simple Minds

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Kid Creole and the Coconuts

The Human League

Del Amitri

The Hot House Flowers

Nena

Paulo Conte

Talk Talk

The Proclaimers

The Black Keyes

Mary Gauthier

Oh, and that glam rock guy we don’t talk about.

At festivals, I’ve lost count.

Big list there mate was you on the dole? anyway I saw Debbie Harry not that long ago at the Hard Rock cafe in Singapore 

And in no particular order:

The Eagles on their 'Hell Freezes Over' tour at the McAlpine Stadium in Huddersfield.

Squeeze, many times, also seen Glen Tilbrook on his own.

Stranglers.

Roger McGuin

Van Morrison twice, he was accompanied by Georgie Fame on keyboards.

Cyndi Lauper

Pretenders

The Dubliners

Showaddywaddy

Dire Straits and Mark Knopflers other band The Nottinghill Billies

Nanci Griffith

Richard Thompson

Gary Moore

• Like 1