Which Bands or Artist have you seen live?

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I had a press card too from KSR. I never saw them but remember how big they were in Thailand

I used to have a Thai neighbor never stopped playing I often wondered what the connection 

Just now, ChipButty said:

I used to have a Thai neighbor never stopped playing I often wondered what the connection 

I lived near a nightclub that never stopped playing them! I used to like the Eagles and CCR and Bob Marley before coming to Thailand! 

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Amen Corner

You are going back sometime there not heard that name for a long time Andy Fairweather-Low

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I did this recently for a Facebook thing to list a band for each letter of the alphabet you've seen live.

The band I seen the most times was probably Deep Purple, around 6 or 7 times. Could also have been Status Quo but Ritchie Blackmore was my hero.

The worst band I seen were Egg who got boo'd off the stage at Glasgow Apollo.

THe biggest surprise band were very early Genesis before they were known at all.

Most memorable gig was Pink Floyd Pulse at Earls Court. The bus run home sftae the concert to Glasgow was also memorable.

A- Argent, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, The Almighty
B- Bad Company, Biffy Clyro, BB King, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Black Sabbath, Blue Nile, Beggars Opera, David Bowie, B-52’s, Big Country, Blues in Trouble
C- Ry Cooder, Glenn Campbell, Celine Dion
D- Deep Purple, Dire Straights
E- Egg, Eagles, Earth Wind and fire
F- Fats Domino, Free
G- Genesis, Groundhogs, Peter Gabriel, George Thoroghgood, Rory Gallagher
H- Heads, Hands and Feet, Hall & Oates, Hawkwind, Huey Lewis and the News, Ian Hunter, Muse
I- Ian Gillan, Ice House
J- Jeff Beck, Jethro Tull, Joe Walsh, Jean Michel Jarre
K- Kraftwerk, Mark Knopfler
L- Led Zeppelin
M-Moody Blues, Motorhead, Mott the Hoople
N- Nazareth
O- Ozzy Osbourne
P- Robert Plant, Plant and Page, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Pink Floyd
Q- Status Quo
R- Chris Rhea, Rainbow
S- Paul Simon, Peter Frampton, Phil Collins, Shakin Stevens, Shania Twain, Simple Minds, Joe Satriani
T- Ten Years After, Thomson Twins, Tina Turner, Travis
U- Uriah Heep, Ultravox
V- Van der Graf generator
W-Wishbone Ash
X-
Y- Neil Young, Yes
Z-

Anybody seen X Ray Spex and Zombies??

I really miss live music.

X -  X  Funk ban from LA   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(American_band)

Z - Now I really wish I had seen ZAPPA. Couldn't appreciate his music when he was around though I liked The Mothers  album Freak Out!

• Like 1

Led Zeppelin x 3 Times

Blue Oyster Cult

Wishbone  Ash

Rolling Stones X 2 Times

The Who

Rory Gallagher

Joan Armatrading

The Cranberrys

Ian Dury and the Blockheads

Wild willy Barret and John Ottway

The list goes on over the Years

• Like 1

First live concert I went to was a Tommy Roe/Del Shannon UK tour in 1962/63. Also featured was The Beatles! 

In that era I also saw The Searchers, The Animals, The Hollies and a few others that I don't recall.

Lots of trad jazz artists including Acker Bilk, Kenny Ball Chris Barber, Terry Lightfoot and Monty Sunshine. And I always remember with a smile, The Back o' Town Syncopators.

Later in life got to see Destiny's Child and the Moody Blues.

Last concert before leaving the UK for ever was Alicia Keys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

And he isn't Scottish! 

(born 10 January 1945) is a British rock singer and songwriter. Born and raised in London, he is of Scottish and English ancestry. Stewart is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold over 120 million records worldwide.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You are going back sometime there not heard that name for a long time Andy Fairweather-Low

Always liked them, and saw them at the Isle of Wight Music Festival (1968 or thereabouts) when they sang Bend Me, Shape Me.........then had a drink with them at a local pub and they were a nice bunch of guys.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Shane MacGowan... the ultimate rebel pisshead.

Their album Hell's Ditch had the track House of the Gods with the following lyrics.

Finally found a place they could never reach

Sipping singha beer on Pattaya Beach

Singha beer don't ask no questions

Singha beer don't tell no lies

There's a guy next to me won't tell me his name

Buy's me mekong whiskey just the same

I'm just a wally Hanging out on Pattaya Beach

Met a girl said she's really going to blow my mind

She say's she don't mean sex and I say alright

Turns out she's a bloke, tries to give me head

I have to run out screaming to the street instead

She's just a wally Hanging out on Pattaya Beach

Singha beer don't tell no lies...

Notable he got fired after this album was released "owing to the decline of his reliability as a performer, which was caused by his abuse of alcohol and drugs."

He lost it in Pattaya I guess.

Before he got his new teeth, many years ago, his girlfriend was a top London model. It was weird looking at them together -  he was drooling with a spliff hanging out his mouth, more interested in his bottle of tequila. Nice guy but...

2 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Lou Reed was having a bad night and the Cure were terrible, otherwise wonderful memories

One concert I regret missing was Lou. I did however, see Nico sing a coupld of his songs at the Aberdeen University Union, where Bowie sang his first concert of the 70s. I also saw a great band there -  Clint Eastwood and general Saint.

14 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Once in Bkk I fell in with a bunch of Scot guys for a night of drinking and pleasure pursuits, they were quite proud of their Roddie, and I had the sense to hold my tongue.

Good story he always made out he was a Scottish football supporter, I saw him RS and Denis Law and Francis Lee walking through the car park at Wembley ready for the England v Scotland game, that was the game England won 5-0

Edited by ChipButty

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One concert I regret missing was Lou. I did however, see Nico sing a coupld of his songs at the Aberdeen University Union, where Bowie sang his first concert of the 70s. I also saw a great band there -  Clint Eastwood and general Saint.

Regrets yes! I regret walking past the Queen Margaret Union at Glasgow University one Friday night and seeing a blackboard with 'Tonight - Queen'. Never heard of them, walked on to the mens union.

2 weeks later who jumped to number 1 with 7 Seas of Rye?

Any more regrets?

One more - When I saw Muse at the Aberdeen Conference Centre it was standing only. I was relatively 'old' in the crowd and after the first few songs abandoned the swaying crush to the sidelines. Scary, especially when in the 70s i'd not be happy unless I was near the stage. Never been in a mosh pit thankfully, don't understand that ????

• Like 1

Back in the mid 60"s we were working in Sheffield I think the night club was called The Black Cat live bands every night was normal them days and saw Joe Cooker before he became famous sadly he passed away no,

Having seen a lot of bands over the years it's easiest for me to say :

Best Night- Dead Kennedys in San Francisco New Years Eve 1981

Best Weekend - Holidays in the Sun- Blackpool 1996  It was a Punk revival festival with many bands looking worse for wear. Sham 69 got the weekend off with a bang. The following year I went again and subsequently up to Morecambe when the festival moved location.

Worst Band - The Virgin Prunes who supported Bauhaus in 1982

Holidays in the Sun

19811231.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mayority we was born in the generation of live’s concerts. I had my time working in a Radio, can not remember how many concerts I have been, including interviews with singers... Really, can’t remember but a very Interesting Zappa, Chick Corea, All Jazz festivals, All Guitars Festival,  N. Young, knopfler, Stones, Pink Floyds... ufff!

• Like 1