New aid extended to suffering farmers

rooster59

New aid extended to suffering farmers

By THE NATION

800_005b1c5daa78928.jpg

The Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives Ministry has instructed seven agencies under its jurisdiction to organise teams to collect information on farmers’ requirements and requests for assistance, the ministry’s permanent secretary Anan Suwannarat said.

The agencies tasked with the job include the Department of Agricultural Extension, Queen Sirikit Department of Sericulture, Department of Fisheries, Department of Livestock Development, Tobacco Authority of Thailand, Office of the Cane and Sugar Board, and the Rubber Authority of Thailand.

Since farmers are not eligible for the government’s “Rao Mai Thing Gan” scheme, they can put their names down for a new assistance strategy set up by the Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives Ministry.

However, they should be able to prove that neither they nor their family members have registered for any other Covid-related subsidy scheme.

The deadline for registering is May 15.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387533

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-09

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, they should be able to prove that neither they nor their family members have registered for any other Covid-related subsidy scheme.

So, I guess daughters and sons are seen as family members. Will that be a problem if they work in bangkok and have received 5k handout? Will their poor mother and father who are farmers in Roi Et not get any aid then?

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The deadline for registering is May 15

Why such a small window of time for registration? I make that 6 days! I'm guessing they are hoping for a lot less applicants this time as they said they didn't have any money left.  Don't worry, a special place in hell has been reserved.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, I guess daughters and sons are seen as family members. Will that be a problem if they work in bangkok and have received 5k handout? Will their poor mother and father who are farmers in Roi Et not get any aid then?

Sure looks like it.