Coronavirus inflicts huge U.S. job losses; Pence aide infected

rooster59

1 hour ago, CaptRon2 said:

Yes children in cages is very despicable, it was very sad to see those pictures from the Obama/Biden administration of those kids locked in cages,  you remember those pictures right? The ones the moron Democrats released thinking it was during Trumps time but it turned out they they were from the Obama/Biden era. Do you remember now?

So my question to you is, do you hope Obama and Biden get the virus too? Or are you once again proving yourself to be a hypocrite? 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/461230-biden-incorrectly-claims-obama-administration-didnt-separate-families

I gotta get some of those trump glasses it would help with my peace of mind lol I’d be delighted if that evil man miller got really sick really really sick since I hope for the continued good health of good decent people in that sense I guess I’ll wear that badge with pride ok now look out skipper the ship of states is approaching is your starboard side ya better change course you are the give way vessel ya know!

Edited by Tug
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

It wasnt an obama policy and not the norm. It is a trump/miller policy and us the norm and whats worse is that they have no record of which to reunite them. Despicable is not a harsh enough word.

now back to the topic of of trumps incompetence in dealing with reality.

Haha, so because it wasn’t a policy you approve of it? When Trump does it, it is bad. But, but Obama not the norm it is ok sometimes just not when Trump is doing it. Haha

You did notice I added a credible reference to my post, and in light of your many inaccuracies that have been exposed lately anything you say is without any credibility. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I gotta get some of those trump glasses it would help with my peace of mind lol I’d be delighted if that evil man miller got really sick really really sick since I hope for the continued good health of good decent people in that sense I guess I’ll wear that badge with pride ok now look out skipper the ship of states is approaching is your starboard side ya better change course you are the give way vessel ya know!

So you didn’t answer the question, Since Obama/Biden put those kids in cages should we wish for them to get the virus too? Since you seem to only one Republicans to get sick for doing the exact same thing, does that make you a hypocrite?

As far as your cute Rules of the Road example, it just confirms what I already knew about your posts, you make your decisions before you have all the information, just approaching from the starboard is not the only consideration. This is the second time I am telling you not to call me nicknames, and you can thank your lucky stars I never was your Skipper, I still believe in hanging traitors.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

trump again at fault for Georgia being the FIRST State to open, with a 40% spike!

Could you please post the reference where President Trump opened Georgia? I was previously under the impression that it was up to the governors of each state. 

Coronavirus inflicts huge U.S. job losses;  76000 America dead from Covid;
The US Stock Market Soars!!!!!

Everything you need to know about the united states.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Haha, so because it wasn’t a policy you approve of it? When Trump does it, it is bad. But, but Obama not the norm it is ok sometimes just not when Trump is doing it. Haha

You did notice I added a credible reference to my post, and in light of your many inaccuracies that have been exposed lately anything you say is without any credibility. 

Yes i approve of it in special circumstances where there isnt really an option, i would also expect them to kept track of so they can be reunited. Of course trump didnt do that.

trumps policy is separation, his general even suggested it months before as a deterrent.

If i posted the earth was round i wouldnt post a link as its obvious to anyone with a brain, as with this i wont bother linking. Feel free to do your own research. To save time, the earth isnt flat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Pity Trump has not been infected!!

He may be but doesnt show symtoms which is bad for those he could be infecting. For the safety of those near him it would be best if he did get sick from it. Would certainly be better for everyone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Susco said:

In the mean time

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-may-8-2020-222101291.html

Stock market news live updates: Wall Street rallies as data show historic jobs report collapse

You can look for the mega caps to continue to climb. There are a handful of companies driving this that have done well or even accelerated because of the virus. Now the ones that aren't doing well such as retailers will go broke. Macy's JC. Penneys, Kohls or whatever won't be back and that leaves the big boys with more pie.

If you are invested in big tech, cloud and online retailers you are winning big and will continue to do so as other companies won't be competition much longer. 

The market over all hasn't done that well but a few dozen tech companies have. I am heavy into tech so have really felt it. Tech is just on fire through this. Anybody still buying index funds in the now broken SPY should reconsider and go into global cloud, tech, cyber security and online retailer ETFs. 

There is just so much garbage like airlines, amusement parks, cruise lines, oil etc in the SPY. Go back into SPY when some of the trash gets bankrupted and sold for its parts.

Here is a comparison of my positions to the S&P 500 from the beginning of the year. As Lawson CEO Twilio said "Our company was built for CO VID." after reporting blow out earnings.  It winner takes all and last man standing now in the world of the market.

Also with interest rates there is nowhere for that sweet liquidity to go.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 3.04.14 PM.png

Edited by Cryingdick

3 hours ago, CaptRon2 said:

So you didn’t answer the question, Since Obama/Biden put those kids in cages should we wish for them to get the virus too? Since you seem to only one Republicans to get sick for doing the exact same thing, does that make you a hypocrite?

As far as your cute Rules of the Road example, it just confirms what I already knew about your posts, you make your decisions before you have all the information, just approaching from the starboard is not the only consideration. This is the second time I am telling you not to call me nicknames, and you can thank your lucky stars I never was your Skipper, I still believe in hanging traitors.

The Obama administration temporarily put children there (children who were alone with no family) for a few days until a host family was found.

So for you it is the same as separating children from their loving family on purpose, and put them in cages instead?

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To borrow an argument from our illiberal brethren, is the virus killing jobs and the economy or were the jobs already on life support and the economy already sick?

Prior to the Pandemic 60% of Americans did not have access to $500 to cover an emergency, millions were working jobs with no security of tenure, millions more had no health insurance, an endless treadmill of precariously living paycheck to paycheck as the middle classes followed the working classes into poverty.

Ya, but Trump and his friends have money, lots of it...

And that's really the important part for the nation now, isn't it?   

Heck, he even had a spare $130K to pay off an adult film star to keep quiet about their alleged affair. He's not hurting...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The coronavirus pandemic triggered the steepest monthly loss of U.S. jobs since the Great Depression

The UK's in a similar position, but we've buried our heads so far in the sand that we don't realise it yet.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To borrow an argument from our illiberal brethren, is the virus killing jobs and the economy or were the jobs already on life support and the economy already sick?

Prior to the Pandemic 60% of Americans did not have access to $500 to cover an emergency, millions were working jobs with no security of tenure, millions more had no health insurance, an endless treadmill of precariously living paycheck to paycheck as the middle classes followed the working classes into poverty.

The lockdowns only serve to make the alpha dog companies richer. Walmart is open because they have food. Mom and Pop hardware is closed because it isn't essential as it has no food. All the big boys are still in business. The little guy can't open or leave his house and now orders his food online from Walmart, Amazon, Mcdonald's etc.

All of the stimulus money was given to the people holed up and they held it briefly. When it is being spent there are only a handful of companies that now benefit. The longer this trend lasts the less competition there is everyday that goes by. 

The lockdown is an absolute win for the big boys and a kick in the nuts to everybody else. The FAANg group can thank the politicians usually on the left for instating and continuing draconian stay in place policies. Hope you like Dominos pizza because no other pizzeria is going to be left after this.

Anybody in business today must think of a five year out plan or they are going to be buried. Businesses already in trouble will be bought out for fractions of their worth. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

The UK's in a similar position, but we've buried our heads so far in the sand that we don't realise it yet.  

I think people are starting to wake up to the upcoming problems. One friend is on furlough until the end of June, he works in an engineering factory for airplane parts, he expects to be made redundant. Another friend who does financial telesales is being redundant next week.

The job losses in the USA are staggering in such a short space of time. There are 6.3 million workers on furlough in the UK, who knows how many will not be required in the next few months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

The lockdowns only serve to make the alpha dog companies richer. Walmart is open because they have food. Mom and Pop hardware is closed because it isn't essential as it has no food. All the big boys are still in business. The little guy can't open or leave his house and now orders his food online from Walmart, Amazon, Mcdonald's etc.

All of the stimulus money was given to the people holed up and they held it briefly. When it is being spent there are only a handful of companies that now benefit. The longer this trend lasts the less competition there is everyday that goes by. 

The lockdown is an absolute win for the big boys and a kick in the nuts to everybody else. The FAANg group can thank the politicians usually on the left for instating and continuing draconian stay in place policies. Hope you like Dominos pizza because no other pizzeria is going to be left after this.

Anybody in business today must think of a five year out plan or they are going to be buried. Businesses already in trouble will be bought out for fractions of their worth. 

Same in the UK, big supermarkets chains have seen their sales soar, similar to xmas trading. Amazon also doing very well, whilst all the independant shops are closed and don't get me started on the hospitality sector.

51 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Same in the UK, big supermarkets chains have seen their sales soar, similar to xmas trading. Amazon also doing very well, whilst all the independant shops are closed and don't get me started on the hospitality sector.

I always joke that here Amazon and Walmart have become the new interim government. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think people are starting to wake up to the upcoming problems. One friend is on furlough until the end of June, he works in an engineering factory for airplane parts, he expects to be made redundant. Another friend who does financial telesales is being redundant next week.

The job losses in the USA are staggering in such a short space of time. There are 6.3 million workers on furlough in the UK, who knows how many will not be required in the next few months.

The virus has accelerated the switch to an entirely tech based economy.  we are witnessing spontaneous evolution in our species in reaction to the disease. As the dems said just learn to code.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CaptRon2 said:

Could you please post the reference where President Trump opened Georgia? I was previously under the impression that it was up to the governors of each state. 

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/opinion/times/story/2020/may/09/sohn-donald-trump-and-georgigov-brikemp-fail/522496/

Donald Trump and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp fail the reasoning test with COVID-19

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Haha 1

Well, 3 of the US Coronavirus task force now are self quarantining, including Dr. Fauci. The virus IS IN the White House. The people in that white building simply do not care about protecting others. Photo just released of you know who in a cabinet meeting with top military brass; NOT ONE is wearing a mask. Incredulous!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Well, 3 of the US Coronavirus task force now are self quarantining, including Dr. Fauci. The virus IS IN the White House. The people in that white building simply do not care about protecting others. Photo just released of you know who in a cabinet meeting with top military brass; NOT ONE is wearing a mask. Incredulous!

Oh well you can’t fix stupid (I’m not referring to dr Fauci)btw

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, candide said:

The Obama administration temporarily put children there (children who were alone with no family) for a few days until a host family was found.

So for you it is the same as separating children from their loving family on purpose, and put them in cages instead?

I have him on ignore so didnt see his post.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I always joke that here Amazon and Walmart have become the new interim government. 

It seems more like the response to covid is just a huge scam so corporations like walmart, amazon, home depot etc. can profit at the expense of small businesses.  These lockdowns would've never happened in a million years if they would've impacted amazon or walmart et al.  in any meaningful way.

Running a business in the USA isn't necessarily about skill or foresight, it just involves being a heavily capitalized rent seeking piece of s*it.  Only way to succeed here is to have a ton of money to invest and preferably buy off politicians.

Edited by sukhumvitneon

20 hours ago, Logosone said:

Either way the US debt will require interest payments of 800 billion USD in 2024. 

That's 3 percent of US GDP gone.

Just to repay its debt.

The only good news is that the majority of US public debt is held by US persons and entities.  China, the largest foreign US debt holder, only owns about 6% of the total outstanding debt and could be told to <deleted> off quite easily especially in wake of covid.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

It seems more like the response to covid is just a huge scam so corporations like walmart, amazon, home depot etc. can profit at the expense of small businesses.  These lockdowns would've never happened in a million years if they would've impacted amazon or walmart et al.  in any meaningful way.

Running a business in the USA isn't necessarily about skill or foresight, it just involves being a heavily capitalized rent seeking piece of s*it.  Only way to succeed here is to have a ton of money to invest and preferably buy off politicians.

I am confused, you challenge corporations, yet think the government is a solution? There is no need for checks in the mail the government could just reduce taxes before you lose 10% of the money. Just stop stealing the average person's money.

No taxes for anybody making  $90,000 or less would have been perfect. The government just gave the money all over the planet. You can see the thread in home country section, it is quite embarrassing. a bit like dumpster diving.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am confused, you challenge corporations, yet think the government is a solution? There is no need for checks in the mail the government could just reduce taxes before you lose 10% of the money. Just stop stealing the average person's money.

Uh, yeah, you are confused, I never said "government is the solution". An environment where small business development and fair wages being paid is the solution.  These large corporations lobby for outsourcing and insourcing (mass immigration) to destroy American wages.  Wages have been stagnant here since the late 1970s. There is a need for a "check in the mail" after a government policy called lockdown destroyed peoples' livelihoods unnecessarily. This dump of a nation doesn't even have a plan in place to help people cover their healthcare costs for covid testing let alone treatment. 

You do understand that companies like amazon pay effectively 0 federal corporate income tax? So yeah, the IRS should stop stealing my money and make companies like amazon and jpmorgan pay actual income tax.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Uh, yeah, you are confused, I never said "government is the solution". An environment where small business development and fair wages being paid is the solution.  These large corporations lobby for outsourcing and insourcing (mass immigration) to destroy American wages.  Wages have been stagnant here since the late 1970s. There is a need for a "check in the mail" after a government policy called lockdown destroyed peoples' livelihoods unnecessarily. This dump of a nation doesn't even have a plan in place to help people cover their healthcare costs for covid testing let alone treatment. 

You do understand that companies like amazon pay effectively 0 federal corporate income tax? So yeah, the IRS should stop stealing my money and make companies like amazon and jpmorgan pay actual income tax.

The labor pool also has been swelling since the 70s. When women began to go into the workplace it has become flooded. This is why you need two incomes if you want the good life these days.Amazon has been making me rich so I sort of understand what they do.

Just keep sheltering in place things will work out fine.

Do you understand that Amazon is the only reason people aren't rioting in the streets? Do you understand at their earnings call Bezos said that Amazon will plow all $4 billion in profits to keep up the infrastructure that kept America running?

Do you understand the difference between realized and unrealized gains and losses under the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)?

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1