Thai govt to launch Covid-19 contact-tracing app

webfact

23 hours ago, baansgr said:

UK can get whatever they want already through 5 eyes and GCHQ etc..having an app on your phone that is actually beneficial to not only yourself but the whole country seems a good idea, it's worked in Australia. I take it you don't have Facebook, Line, WhatsApp, any shopping apps or even a mobile or land line or email address if you are that worried about MI5 spying on you...

I have family in Australia and all of them and the children have the app, it is limited to the phone number of people who you are in proximity to for a given period. 

If a person is diagnosed as active then all those with the app will be contacted, pretty simple really but it only works if enough people participate. 

Don't be selfish and part of the tin hat brigade as we know all the people with smartphones are visible if they want you. 

Old bast£#ds like me slip under the radar. 

I guess everybody knows that since you need to give passport details, simply by turning your phone on the cell stations your phone connects to already can tell with some precision where you are. Your unique identifier is the sim card.

• Thanks 1

If this is a Thai developed app then relax. It won't work most of the time. If it's a licensed app reporting to Thai servers we can still relax. Digital communications is still beyond this governments reach.

Re the Australian App success. First off it is being promoted by Scotty from marketing and company, so an inherent high risk of failure based on history of government and high tech eg Robodebt.

The next bit is even better, as of a week ago they had no central monitoring to do anything with the data and it could not be implemented due to privacy legislation, oops major fail. To date I have not seen where it was announced it had successfully cross matched anyone, and the government rhetoric on the subject has died down, so probably dead in the water. Yet another FAIL for Scotty and cohorts. To prove me wrong links to reputable (not Murdoch ) sources required.  Oh and to turn off, just turn off Bluetooth.

Imagine how well it could be installed and used in Thailand, hmm. Remember the brain fart a while ago that falangs got special SIM cards so they could be tracked.  Never mind the TM30 debacle. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:47 AM, baansgr said:

UK can get whatever they want already through 5 eyes and GCHQ etc..having an app on your phone that is actually beneficial to not only yourself but the whole country seems a good idea, it's worked in Australia. I take it you don't have Facebook, Line, WhatsApp, any shopping apps or even a mobile or land line or email address if you are that worried about MI5 spying on you...

I believe there are different types of apps. One that records your bluetooth signature and MAC address. If you come into contact with a contagious person, the app can notify you directly from their mobile.

Or there is one like in the UK that has a central database and everything goes back to that before it is is sent out to the people have been close to a contagious person.

I prefer the former.

They do need to do something in the UK because people are not listening and the government is sending out too many mixed messages

1) App launched to ostensibly contact people who have been recently in the same place as people who test positive, then...

2) People test positive, and, then...

3) Zero news about people being notified. 

Confused.