What have you learnt ??

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Only if you spend a heap of money converting them to electricity.

Doesn't cost much for a basic set up to power a water pump and a few lights. 

If you want all the mod cons then for sure it's gonna cost a fair amount but then you will be self sufficient... Not reliant on government supplies. How much is it worth to you, that's another thread ????????

I have learned that I cannot reliably plan my own future from all the confusion arising from hoaxes, manipulators, politicians, conspiracies, cynics, knowalls and armchair doctors and scientists and sadly, all the experts with due respect to them, who seem in many cases to be at odds with each other about definitives. I sympathise with them; even they are dealing with a few unknowns about this virus.

I Have learned that, on balance, I am at home with my lovely Thai wife in Thailand, thankful that I have been largely unaffected, though reading much about many other world countries, going through real bad times.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, Sujo said:

I have learnt that i am very comfortable being alone with my thoughts. That i do not need social interaction and not worried in the slightest if i was the last person on the planet.

And have you noticed that all thoughts that comes will go again? No need trying to stop them, get busy with them is the art life may teach you. They come or they don't. Hopeless to win that game! 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is a motivational theory in psychology comprising a five-tier model of human needs, often depicted as hierarchical levels within a pyramid.

Needs lower down in the hierarchy must be satisfied before individuals can attend to needs higher up. From the bottom of the hierarchy upwards, the needs are: physiological, safety, love and belonging, esteem, and self-actualization.

Yes, this divisions and jumping in between them has been my guide for long to understand what is driving my thinking and behaviour, what we call "me". Looking for Approval, Appreciation and Love is the top 3 today if you look deeper in your box of needs and wants. And as humans we are all in the fn box. Just see it or not. Complaining to Creation, well good luck little "jung", mozzi!

That the world we live in, the things we take for granted, the lives we have are so very fragile. That we don't stop, unless forced,  to appreciate what we have and realise that not everything we had is essential to a happy life.

That the human race has become a scared bunch of pussies. That most aren't capable of an independent thought and need to be told what to do and how to live and act. That most aren't really living, but rather just existing. Oh wait...guess I didn't learn anything new after all! ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, cornishcarlos said:

That's why I want my own water source ????

I totally agree with your first post and this one. My family are spoiled because the Nan River is right outside our door with basically unlimited water available to irrigate our mango orchard. We pay for water from the local well that supplies the local population. I feel great sympathy for all who have to spend a lot of money on drilling wells or having water delivered during these hot dry seasons. My wife tends to take this asset for granted sometimes. I just go with the flow.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, cornishcarlos said:

That's why I want my own water source ????

Just ordered mine ....... good for 5,000 litres, there's a klong behind my house, it's never been empty.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/codampfree-shipoutdoor-water-purifier-personal-emergency-water-filter-mini-portable-filter-for-outdoor-activities-i705350149-s1352986653.html

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 2:49 PM, phantomfiddler said:

I have learned, with great sadness, that it clearly obvious that mass populations can be easily controlled with the threat of jail sentences of hefty fines for non-compliance. New World Order is now clearly in place ????

I've never been more pleased that I have not too many years left in this life. I don't know if they are actually trying out theories or not, but they won't be slow to see that they can, if they want to.

I pity those just starting out that they will never be as free as I was in my life.

The control was coming in quite slowly over my life time, but it's just accelerated significantly.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 1:58 AM, Neeranam said:

Taught me never to believe in governments again.

Taught me never to trust the BBC.

Taught me how evil Bill Gates and Fauci are.

I woke up to government some years ago, but not a lot that I can do about it except vote for people that are speaking sense, which is astonishingly few.

The BBC sold it's soul many years ago. I won't watch them any more.

Always "disliked" gates for forcing people to replace perfectly functional operating systems so he could get filthy rich. He's a <deleted> <deleted>.

Never heard of Fauci before. Seems as though he's just another government hack living off the real workers.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:22 AM, Kalasin Jo said:

That the world we live in, the things we take for granted, the lives we have are so very fragile. That we don't stop, unless forced,  to appreciate what we have and realise that not everything we had is essential to a happy life.

Life has always been fragile. However in the west we became so nannyfied that we started to think the government actually had all the answers and could protect us. Of course it was a lie and the emperor has no clothes.

Poor people in other countries have always known that life is hard and short.

What have I learned? No matter what people say, no matter what job they do, they don't know much. It's obvious that during this event governments have no idea of what to do and are making it up as they go.

It's also apparent that many people believe in any old mumbo jumbo that they think will save them, like locking up healthy people and wearing a mask. Might as well wear a string of garlic around their neck.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, Sujo said:

I have learnt that i am very comfortable being alone with my thoughts. That i do not need social interaction and not worried in the slightest if i was the last person on the planet.

Yes, Thai Visa should be sufficient.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've never been more pleased that I have not too many years left in this life. I don't know if they are actually trying out theories or not, but they won't be slow to see that they can, if they want to.

I pity those just starting out that they will never be as free as I was in my life.

The control was coming in quite slowly over my life time, but it's just accelerated significantly.

Spot on .....My thoughts exactly ....

• Like 2