Swimming pools at condos in Thailand to remain closed until further notice

webfact

4 hours ago, ericdiam said:

Really crazy. My building has 25m long very wide pool. Only 3 people who live here long time swim.

And if the increase the chlorine then sure zero problem as chlorine kills the virus. 

Big busy public pools can understand they remain close 

Really crazy. My building has 25m long very wide pool. Only 3 people who live here long time swim.

And if the increase the chlorine then sure zero problem as chlorine kills the virus. 

No need to increase the chlorine its sufficient as it is. Yes it's really crazy the swimming pools in condominiums should be closed . How many people in the pool at any one time .

They give reason of that salvia, I emphasize "

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Muriatic acid and chlorine would vaporize and obliterate Covid upon contact. So saliva is a non starter. Simply more ignorance, and fear mongering, from an administration that is so devoid of scientific facts, it boggles the mind. Social distancing can be practiced anywhere. People need exercise, and recreation. And people need to be outdoors. This encourages better health, and strengthens the immune system. They should have gotten rid of Anutin a long time ago. The nation needs someone with an education in health. He has proven himself over and over again to be inept, ignorant, and in completely over his head. A true BOB (bottom of the barrel) pick, totally without merit. 

Well they have to show that there doing something, whether it effective is another thing, but their names attached to it.

5 hours ago, Gabor said:

Plain idiots.... Chatucak is OK, but saunas ( killing the virus inside your body ) and swimming pools increase your immunity, beaches to get vitamin D are a nő no. An other fine example to do something retarded childish thing to show they do something. 

Seems like there is another agenda at work here...to ensure you get sick by reducing your immunity. At least in Thailand they're not doing the rounds and imprisoning people for hugging their own children while running around their backyards. This happened recently somewhere in the USA though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Here come the Thai brasher brigade... 
Let's face, it, it does not matter how well the Thai's do , some people will always find a way to criticize and mock them. 

Thailand doesnt do' well' it just does ' 'we know best because we are in control.'

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

They deserve it 99 percent of the time

Okay, Mr perfect, or do you prefer Mr grumpy? ????

26 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Why would anybody go swimming with a mask on. You've been utterly brainwashed in bs

I take it you're another non believer in wearing face masks? 

Edited by Kaopad999

5 hours ago, Oldie said:

They cannot make a special law for your building. And people can gather in and around the pool and because being wet cannot use masks. Also some people lying in the sun will avoid to use masks so that not halve of their face will remain white. 

If you practice social distancing mask wearing is not necessary, e.g. lying by a pool in lounge chairs 1.5 meters apart

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

At our condo we have 2 pools both 25 meters so out of 100 units I think there is about 10 people in the building and it's not open to the public, if you dont have a keycard you cant gain access

If your condo can prevent AirB&B and other short term renters then you may have a point. My condo has a covenant preventing short term rentals but half the occupied units seem to be short term rentals or 30 day rentals. These renters are a risk to all in the condo, especially gym and pool. We already had a round of covid 19 in the condo.

Edited by asiaexpat
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Idiotic. We are thinking of building a pool out here in the country province where we moved after abandoning BKK. Cost estimates run to half a million bahts. 

Don't bother. Breeding ground for mosquito's 

6 hours ago, ericdiam said:

So what do you want them to do... name individual pools?

5 hours ago, samtam said:

As I have explained several times, there is a misconception about [opening] condo pools. Most people, including those at CDC think of a pool more in terms of a social gathering venue. If you use the appropriately chlorinated pool only, with limited numbers, and prohibit social gathering round it, you have one of the safest spaces to avoid transmission of Covid 19. This protocol can easily be implemented by condo management, together with the requirement that users shower before and after swimming.

It's really that simple. To continue prohibition of condo pool usage for exercise is ridiculous, compared to what is being allowed to open...Chatuchak market (social distancing?)...beauty clinics and weight loss clinics (close person to person contact?)...foot massages (close person to person contact?)...outdoor stadiums for team sports, (no chance of saliva, sweat being dispersed there?)...

Whats more simple and logical is to go along with the rules, close the pools, gyms and whatever else they can,  cut down on work , less staff.. and RAKE IN THE MAINENANCE FUNDS!!!  (and we all know where that most often goes..)  

Crazy!!!! Salt and Chlorine are both disinfectants, the kill viruses. So do saunas and sweating in the gym. All this inconvenience for nothing at all! All this for 55 people who died with COVID and not because of it. Also the tests are 80% inaccurate or of no validity at all as proven by the President of Tanzania who is a qualified doctor and has a degree in chemistry, a sight more qualifications than any of the other leaders of the world. See here. 

• Sad 2

Enforced madness, less than 3000 infected cases, 56 deaths in a population of 60million? restricting activities that strengthen personal immunity and wellbeing, decreasing social activity & increasing stress due to lack of employment, and then constant FEAR repetion from Media is weakening immunity to infection, this makes NO sense logically or scientifically other than just blind observance of illogical rules from already compromised authorities The WHO.

Still looking for some common sense amongst collective hysteria..

• Like 2

I dont know when people everywhere will realise what is really going on here. This has nothing to do with a virus, it is all about total control of everybody, world wide, there are a lot of people though that do understand what this is. They are labeling ever death everywhere as the virus, this is total BS, has anybody seen the videos of police officers doing videos directed to other police officers to stop trampling on civil liberties. They are going to start a war and if that happens it will the American civil war look like kids playing In a sandbox, God help them if they force this

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, rtco said:

Been doing my 2 x swims per day in our village people forever and a day ... no change ... it's always been open

Carry on if you can fella. ????

Just to give one more stupid opinion, maybe:

we have a pool in the condo, that is approx. 25 x 8 meters

Maximum people I EVER saw inside the pool at any given time was 5

Most of them are solo- swimmers, like me or the occasional family (mother/ father & child)

There are exactly 2 sunbeds and 2 tables with 4 chairs as pool- furniture.

The pool is now closed for 2 month and we did not have one single case of COVID inside the Condo.

Elevators are still operating, with up to 6 people cramming into them

Put a\way the sunbeds and tables and the gathering and wild partying around the pool is reduced to zero!

Make a rule that not more than 5 people are allowed inside the pool and you have all the social distancing you need!

I understand the closing of saunas and gymns- the opening of the pool would give people a means to exercize AND at least a bit to do against the total boredom, as long as everything else is closed down...except for all the markets (like JJ) were you shuffle through, shoulder to shoulder and cough on the laid out fresh meat!

Edited by The Barmbeker
  • Like 2