Swimming pools at condos in Thailand to remain closed until further notice

webfact

38 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I would never be able to accept that and am surprised at the numbers that actually embrace it.

And that is why they don't let you make the big boy decisions....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

And that is why they don't let you make the big boy decisions....

I go outside when I want to. I don't wear a mask. I have the antibodies in me and now go to work. Right now it's people like me that service your house when you stay inside. 

Edited by Cryingdick

16 hours ago, Seeall said:

Whats more simple and logical is to go along with the rules, close the pools, gyms and whatever else they can,  cut down on work , less staff.. and RAKE IN THE MAINENANCE FUNDS!!!  (and we all know where that most often goes..)  

There is no change in "Common Area Fee" when the pool is closed at our condo; don't even know how that could be measured. Besides, the pool is properly maintained during its closure, with twice daily readings of chlorine and pH.

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I'm complaining to the Condo CJP but they don't care. Just state "government rules" BS!

They are right. In Bangkok (and other provinces) it is the rule of the provincial governor.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes the beaches are closed, but condos with their private pools , the decision to open or not,         should be a decision of the condo board and owners, not the government. I think the

posters that say,  your condo pool should be closed, because I do not have a pool

at my condo should zip their lip. My cousin has 2 pools at his condo and only the residents can use the pools

and they do.    Discretion is good to use so that social distancing is being used. People

need to cool down in the hot weather,      Pattaya keeping their beach closed

while Hua Hin is not so strict, is a perfect example of good governance, or bad

gdovernance. Pattaya is being stupid.     Bangkok has no beach so Prayut does not

care.  As some posters say,  the Chatuchat market is open and people milling about

so it is about time to open the beaches and just have the police watch the

social distancing.  Too much to ask of the Pattya police force, I guess, who I see under the trees

doing squat all.

Geezer

Unfortunately condo pools fall under the "temporarily closed premises" list, item 1.10.

20 hours ago, lee b said:

worried about saliva? Would the pools chemicals like chlorine not kill the risk of that???

Have you considered the 'Dilution' of say one persons saliva to the volume of treated water in a swimming pool. My own chlorinated/salt water pool contains approximately 100,000 litres of water, so let us say that the saliva from one person is absorbed by this what do you think is the % dilution of saliva to chlorinated water content? Let's say the 'saliva' is 1ml (1 thousands of a litre - probably far far less than this) in volume this would work out at a dilution content of 1 part in 100,000,000.

I would suggest that the 'risk' from saliva is extremely low and not worth consideration.

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I am not saying the rules are perfect or well thought out, but there is a logic to them.

Thai logic is an oxymoron. You haven't been here long if you don't know that yet.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:37 AM, ericdiam said:

Really crazy. My building has 25m long very wide pool. Only 3 people who live here long time swim.

And if the increase the chlorine then sure zero problem as chlorine kills the virus. 

Big busy public pools can understand they remain close 

Perhaps the mini

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

sounds like a swimming pool to me. 

Bangkok and the surrounding provinces what com under it are very fortunate  that the water supplies are Chlorinated water. Chlorine is a erm killer.

Cloths are washed in it, shower,utensils and dishes, surfaces wiped down, the floor cleaner with it, all left germ free.  Theres no need to go for expensive sanitizer in the home you have it already supplied chlorinated water. The water is 100% drinkable and full of vitamins.

Water from the Reverse Osmosis (RO) machines is not recommended for main drinking water, especially for Children. Children need vitamins and water from the RO machine don't have any

21 hours ago, lee b said:

worried about saliva? Would the pools chemicals like chlorine not kill the risk of that???

On 5/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, Gabor said:

Plain idiots.... Chatucak is OK, but saunas ( killing the virus inside your body ) and swimming pools increase your immunity, beaches to get vitamin D are a nő no. An other fine example to do something retarded childish thing to show they do something. 

correct

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering if any of the  geniuses in this administration actually have any data on the number of COVID-19 clusters that have arisen at swimming pools.

Or anywhere else for that matter.  You've hit on a key point.  There is data out there on where people are contracting it from countries that have instituted effective contact tracing programs.  But, almost all governments are foregoing making use of that information and instead just making stuff up as they go.  This problem is compounded by the Pandemic Plebes who believe whatever they last heard someone tell them to do.

Thailand is just one more government that's decided to wage a war against the healthy members of its population....meaning 99% of the uninfected... instead of protecting those most at risk and managing what's going to be long-term issue.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:32 AM, lopburi3 said:

The new normal.

Converting a Swimming Pool to a Koi Pond | Koi pond, Pond ...

Perhaps Mr Natapuna can inform the public why Chlorine is put in swimming pools water. 

What are the reasons.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, samtam said:

As I have explained several times, there is a misconception about [opening] condo pools. Most people, including those at CDC think of a pool more in terms of a social gathering venue. If you use the appropriately chlorinated pool only, with limited numbers, and prohibit social gathering round it, you have one of the safest spaces to avoid transmission of Covid 19. This protocol can easily be implemented by condo management, together with the requirement that users shower before and after swimming.

It's really that simple. To continue prohibition of condo pool usage for exercise is ridiculous, compared to what is being allowed to open...Chatuchak market (social distancing?)...beauty clinics and weight loss clinics (close person to person contact?)...foot massages (close person to person contact?)...outdoor stadiums for team sports, (no chance of saliva, sweat being dispersed there?)...

Transport , how many people allowed to ride in a car or vehicle.  Why are motor cycle taxis still allowed to operate . Motorcycle rider still carrying passengers. I've seen as many as four people on one bike. Were is the distancing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheshiremusicman said:

Have you considered the 'Dilution' of say one persons saliva to the volume of treated water in a swimming pool. My own chlorinated/salt water pool contains approximately 100,000 litres of water, so let us say that the saliva from one person is absorbed by this what do you think is the % dilution of saliva to chlorinated water content? Let's say the 'saliva' is 1ml (1 thousands of a litre - probably far far less than this) in volume this would work out at a dilution content of 1 part in 100,000,000.

I would suggest that the 'risk' from saliva is extremely low and not worth consideration.

You're quite right, and that's before chlorine has done its work oxidizing anything in the saliva. However, mathematics and chemistry are poor defenses against egregious stupidity.

Just remember the people making the rules don't comply with those rules and there's no science behind any of their silly rules. It's all WOM. 

WIth Out Merit ....all designed to make them look important as " experts" to the high comnand. They have no interest nor regard for us filthy farangs. In other words they can't swim ! Hehe 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaiden1 said:

I just read the Pattaya has had no new cases for 28 days. Maybe they should look at individual areas for re-opening pools and beaches.

just been on bbc world news 3 hrs ago that THERE HAS BEEN NO NEW CASES so get the bars and beaches OPEN !!!!

• Haha 1

A pool in a condo,all it needs is who will use it.set up a time and a certain   number  there.dont think that will spread the disease if u leave the area clean after.

One time I rented a condo  in bkk a pool there.hardly used anyway out of the number of condos.was empty more often than used

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, GAZZPA said:

My oldest friend has lost 2 family members,,, My sister was very sick but thankfully pulled through after 5 weeks (2 in ICU) was her sickness BS? Is my friend lying to me about his loss?

He is a buffoon and insensitive to hundreds of thousands of grieving people who know very well it is not BS. He is the kind of idiot who has closed his mind to the possibility that he could be wrong and people like us are wasting their breath.

Did anyone you know die from catching the virus at a pool, gym, or sauna. No, of course not, that is where healthy people go to stay healthy. That is what this discussion is about. Millions of people die from disease and old age every year. We don't stop living because of that or is that what you expect the world to do becsuse you don't eat well, exercise, or take the proper vitamins and supplements for good health? If you do then you expect too much and are delusional. Listen to doctors who have nothing to gain from subjecting you to a mandatory vaccine and you will hear the truth. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

A pool in a condo,all it needs is who will use it.set up a time and a certain   number  there.dont think that will spread the disease if u leave the area clean after.

One time I rented a condo  in bkk a pool there.hardly used anyway out of the number of condos.was empty more often than used

When I used to live in a condo in BKK I swear I was the only person to use that pool 

Morons would not have half a brain between the lot of them.

Most people I have seen in my condo pool over the last 3 years is THREE people 99. 9% of the it's TWO, myself and one other resident.