Swimming pools at condos in Thailand to remain closed until further notice

webfact

2 hours ago, berrec said:

Morons would not have half a brain between the lot of them.

Most people I have seen in my condo pool over the last 3 years is THREE people 99. 9% of the it's TWO, myself and one other resident.

So your condo pool usage data (anecdotal) would be the same for all condos, swimming pools, public baths and spas across Thailand.  Therefore we should open up everything because your pool only has three people swimming at once (that you have seen).

Australia closed pools.  UK closed pools. Can't be bothered checking but I am sure many more countries have closed pools.  But let's open them all up because you have only seen three people at a time in yours.  Very sensible, very logical.

Crazy control freaks. Must be why cant swim in the sea as well, salivia might catch a wave and pass into another swimmer in the millions of liters. ....... I have no faith in Thai scientific idiots at all . on this or anything else. If you watch the spraying of Siam Paragon from floor 1 upwards  like it was some disease infested pit. Actually no one's been in there for 2 months. Get ready for not being allowed in unless you give up  tracking you by a phone.. They can go to h***

Edited by pixelaoffy

On 5/12/2020 at 10:43 AM, samtam said:

Precisely. I have given all the known data to CDC, and yet they still say "no".

I go to pools and beach to swim ,saltwater no danger and pools with the correct treatment amount of chlorine will kill any germ . Unfortunately in Thailand they have no swimming culture and they think and use pools and beaches as a gathering place to eat and drink ,hence the bans. Complete lack of knowledge and ignorance!

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

So your condo pool usage data (anecdotal) would be the same for all condos, swimming pools, public baths and spas across Thailand.  Therefore we should open up everything because your pool only has three people swimming at once (that you have seen).

Australia closed pools.  UK closed pools. Can't be bothered checking but I am sure many more countries have closed pools.  But let's open them all up because you have only seen three people at a time in yours.  Very sensible, very logical.

Since  the Corona virus appeared nobody has ever caught it from a swimming pool .

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

16 minutes ago, johnjydee said:

I go to pools and beach to swim ,saltwater no danger and pools with the correct treatment amount of chlorine will kill any germ . Unfortunately in Thailand they have no swimming culture and they think and use pools and beaches as a gathering place to eat and drink ,hence the bans. Complete lack of knowledge and ignorance!

not sure who you're saying lack knowledge and is ignorant. chlorine in swimming pools can take up to 15 minutes to kill the virus so there is a risk there, also people tend to spit out water around a pool, again potentially dangerous. and finally, both foreigners and thais tend to use pools as places to gather and congregate, therefore risk of passing on the virus. so a basic risk assessment would suggest closing pools at the present time is the safe thing to do.

https://www.insider.com/does-chlorine-kill-germs-and-viruses

Just now, johnjydee said:

Since  the Corona virus appeared nobody has ever caught it from a swimming pool .

where is the data showing where and how every person who has been infected caught the virus? i'm fairly sure it's impossible to know this. but if you have the evidence please share.

1 hour ago, johnjydee said:

No one ever will.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.

Where is Forrest Gump saying "Stupid is as stupids does ...?" 

Somehow it's ok to have 4 people in a small box called an elevator as long as they face the corners and not each other.  It's amazing the lemmings in this country who will dutifully place their feet on the feet drawings someone placed on the floor of the elevator.

Pool bad, elevator good.  Sauna bad, Chatuchak Market good.

Stupid is as stupid does.

external-content.duckduckgo-5.jpg

Edited by Stadtler
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, johnjydee said:

Oooh goodie it's the make up random facts game!  Did you also know that since the corona virus appeared nobody has even caught it from a pint glass?  Yet they closed pubs!  Outrageous control by the government - I demands pubs be reopened immediately because pint glasses are blameless, and I am going to moan about it incessantly on internet forums!!  Nobody has ever ever EVER been infected by a pint glass - FACT!

Check your mystery fact database and answer this: has anyone ever caught corona virus from prolonged and close social contact?  How about exercising in close proximity?  Either of those?

Edited by josephbloggs

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Did you also know that since the corona virus appeared nobody has even caught it from a pint glass?

Unless your pint glass is immersed in a swimming pool, I would not trust it.

Drink your beer through a straw.

I'm so sorry to tell you, but your example was sorely lacking.

3 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Unless your pint glass is immersed in a swimming pool, I would not trust it.

Drink your beer through a straw.

I'm so sorry to tell you, but your example was sorely lacking.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you have completely missed the point (I suspect deliberately).  I was using what is called an "analogy".  My made up fact about the pint glass was to demonstrate that pubs were not closed because you can get corona virus from beer - nobody is saying beer or alcohol is dangerous.  Pubs were closed because they encourage social mingling and interaction (and of course people forget safety after a few beers).  In the same way pools were not closed because you can catch corona virus from pool water.  Pools were closed because they encourage social interaction and because you have people exercising in close proximity with each other.  That is why many many countries around the world have closed swimming pools.

We have made that point consistently and you always ignore it and instead bang on about chlorine.  It is not the point.  After three weeks and 13 pages in this thread have you not worked that out yet?

Pools and some gyms can open starting Sunday, May 17th-but VERY strict rules apply
By Adam Judd -Friday, 15 May 2020, 15:12 -- Bangkok-

Swimming pools may re-open effective Sunday, May 17th, but there are rules that were not in place before. These include the following:

A Staff member MUST be on duty at all times. If the staff member is a lifeguard, they must also be responsible for social distancing and to ensure people do not gather or socialize around the pool. ...

The Pattaya News Notes that individual condo management can still choose to keep pools closed, at their discretion, especially if they do not have staff available to watch the pool, per the rules, and ensure social distancing.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/15/pools-and-some-gyms-can-open-starting-sunday-may-17th-but-very-strict-rules-apply/

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

nobody is saying beer or alcohol is dangerous.

Absolutely not!  Beer is not dangerous! Pint mugs or whatever you call them are the dangerous items.

We should ban glasses, mugs, coffee cups and anything that people can touch and then hand to you.

The new bar will consist of a robot that aims the beer into your open mouth.    Each time you open your mouth, you'll get a squirt.  Just make sure you swallow.

What could go wrong?

On 5/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, Russell17au said:

Where was the 2018 Spanish Flu? At least if you want to state something at least state the correct information. The Spanish Flu was 1918.

Yes, he is free to leave on a repatriation flight at his own expense, he is not forced to stay here. It does not matter if they are at a premium fare, he is free to leave.

Pedantic. You could see it was a Typo.