Swimming pools at condos in Thailand to remain closed until further notice

webfact

they only open things that make money.   Beaches, pools, national parks (only income from fleecing foriegners), and the like serve no purpose for them I guess.  Strange since being outdoors is the safest place to be.  Plandemic

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, muffy said:

Simple answer , condos save money with closed pools .Nobody complaining .

I'm complaining to the Condo CJP but they don't care. Just state "government rules" BS!

I would suggest to the condo CJP that a pool usage rota system would work but they would never contemplate such an idea. Out of 96 rooms on 8 floors only about 5 rooms ever use our pool. As it's on the top floor behind a locked door, residents could safely book a sole use period of 30-60 minutes and still every owner who normally uses the pool would get a safe private use period. I'm not even going to bother to ask as I know their answer already! I will add also that in the last week only 50% of residents are in residence anyhow - judging by the number of uncollected electric bills sticking out of their mailboxes.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

There is an amazing amount of butthurt in this thread for something very trivial.  Get over it, your pools will open soon. In so many counties you can't even leave your home! Can't go for a walk! 

Hysterical posts about government control (it's not about the virus - it's about control!!), er, how come they have eased lots of other restrictions and have a timetable for easing the rest then? 

It's anti farang!  My pool is 25m, why can't it be open??  The virus probably can't live in a pool anyway!  Waaa waaa waaaaa.  Not the point.

Some of you should really read your posts back occasionally, perhaps the day after you wrote them.  "Oh, yeah, I did over react - there are hundreds of thousands of people dead and I see a conspiracy because my pool isn't open."

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazing how you like to complain over the obvious. When my dear pool is open it comes 10 beer drinkers sitting there just for drinking beer large at 60 baht. Smoking, talking, spitting bs the whole day. That's why it is closed!

Crazy elevator is another story and I am getting strong after 3 month walking up to 5th floor 4 times a day.

Edited by shambo
update
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, samtam said:

Not in Thailand. 56 in total in a population of nearly 70 million, in over 6 months.

Or perhaps not?

This is why these regulations are so annoying. 

Yeah, but I'm talking globally.  Look at Singapore which relaxed restrictions then got hit badly by a second wave.  South Korea now too.  Thailand is right to be cautious.  (And I was one of the "but it's just the flu, what an over-reaction" guys back in beginning).  Keeping swimming pools closed another 2-3 weeks is not a dictatorial, oppressive measure - it is actually quite sensible really and not a hardship.   Why take the risk of opening up too quickly when other countries have suffered for doing the same?

People are losing livelihoods, people can't eat, people are dying and people are committing suicide, yet a bunch of over sensitive, over privileged moaning farang think their condo swimming pool is the most important thing and they are being oppressed.  It isn't. They aren't.  Get over it.

Edited by josephbloggs

7 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

Excellent news! Let's keep the Condo pools closed at present to stop the second wave. 

yes, much better go to support the bored ladies in the city. they need our support much more then before. close the dangerous beach and swimmingpools.

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Muriatic acid and chlorine would vaporize and obliterate Covid upon contact. So saliva is a non starter. Simply more ignorance, and fear mongering, from an administration that is so devoid of scientific facts, it boggles the mind. Social distancing can be practiced anywhere. People need exercise, and recreation. And people need to be outdoors. This encourages better health, and strengthens the immune system. They should have gotten rid of Anutin a long time ago. The nation needs someone with an education in health. He has proven himself over and over again to be inept, ignorant, and in completely over his head. A true BOB (bottom of the barrel) pick, totally without merit. 

People in Pattaya complained that the beach promenades weren't open for exercise. Carried on like children. They were only closed as people weren't heeding the warnings to not congregate and stay off of  the beach. They roped off the sand and opened the promenade. The very first day what happens? people congregate together and sit drinking beer and eating. I get the other examples (salons etc) don't really make much sense but we really are our own worst enemy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Here come the Thai brasher brigade... 
Let's face, it, it does not matter how well the Thai's do , some people will always find a way to criticize and mock them. 

They do, quite often, make themselves an easy target.

• Like 1

My moobaan has a swimming pool and I saw so many kids swimming in it today and last few days due to the hot weather.

So why are the pools still open?

Edited by EricTh

Yes the beaches are closed, but condos with their private pools , the decision to open or not,         should be a decision of the condo board and owners, not the government. I think the

posters that say,  your condo pool should be closed, because I do not have a pool

at my condo should zip their lip. My cousin has 2 pools at his condo and only the residents can use the pools

and they do.    Discretion is good to use so that social distancing is being used. People

need to cool down in the hot weather,      Pattaya keeping their beach closed

while Hua Hin is not so strict, is a perfect example of good governance, or bad

gdovernance. Pattaya is being stupid.     Bangkok has no beach so Prayut does not

care.  As some posters say,  the Chatuchat market is open and people milling about

so it is about time to open the beaches and just have the police watch the

social distancing.  Too much to ask of the Pattya police force, I guess, who I see under the trees

doing squat all.

Geezer

Many imposing restrictions in the Gulag....they'll let you out soon if you behave and dangle your toes in the pool first...blowing bubbles is next then phase 3 a proper swim but only in one direction I reckon...

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I am not a chemist, never claimed to be; I never even mentioned chemistry or anything related to it, but congratulations to you for your amazing pool chemistry knowledge - I bow down and frankly I am in awe.  Happy?

Nobody is saying swimming pool water can host a virus and is therefore dangerous.  The ban is because because people tend to congregate around a pool and don't wear protection (masks).  People get out of pools after vigorous exercise and are out of breath and then go and sit with other people.  People mingle.  It is a perfectly reasonable precaution in line with other countries and it'll soon be lifted just as other measures are being.  And it has to be a blanket ban - it can't be pool by pool or condo by condo as people here seem to expect. Get over it.

In the overall scheme of things it really is not a big deal is it.

I am not a chemist but have serviced many pools. Chlorine kills everything 100% of the time. It's bleach.

• Like 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I am not a chemist but have serviced many pools. Chlorine kills everything 100% of the time. It's bleach.

No one is disputing that.

Does it kill the virus inside of people that can be passed on when they get out of the pool or are congregating around a pool?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

No one is disputing that.

Does it kill the virus inside of people that can be passed on when they get out of the pool or are congregating around a pool?

Then stay away from the breathing areas of others. Your body is already disinfected, don't hang around to spread germs. 

• Like 1

Not directly related but I went to the pool shop to get a salinity tester as mine had packed up and I ask the proprieter if she had one. She looks at me while she puts her finger in her mouth then giggles and says " no need " ! Pure Thai science..

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Then stay away from the breathing areas of others. Your body is already disinfected, don't hang around to spread germs. 

Exactly, but people don't do they, hence the ban.  Hence the lockdown.  Hence all the measures that have been put in to place here and around the world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Exactly, but people don't do they, hence the ban.  Hence the lockdown.  Hence all the measures that have been put in to place here and around the world.

I would never be able to accept that and am surprised at the numbers that actually embrace it.

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

I would never be able to accept that and am surprised at the numbers that actually embrace it.

So you've been going out to (closed) bars?  Been breaking the curfew?  Been swimming?  Been inviting all your friends round for parties?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So you've been going out to (closed) bars?  Been breaking the curfew?  Been swimming?  Been inviting all your friends round for parties?

All of the above but I don't live in Thailand now. As such nobody dictates what I do to me or if I want to fill my pool.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1