Feet/toes

macb

WEll since living in THailand and in the village and wearing only flip flops or sandals I get hard skin on both big toes I deal with this with a special blade and use Vaselin to try and kep skin soft.

Any other ideas for foot care and to combat this would be appreciated

I noticed that mine increased when we moved here and I stopped wearing anything on my feet. According to the chiropodist I saw in England on our last holiday, it will never stop until I begin wearing shoes or slippers in the house. Imagine how bad it would be if you weren't even wearing flipflops!

WEll since living in THailand and in the village and wearing only flip flops or sandals I get hard skin on both big toes I deal with this with a special blade and use Vaselin to try and kep skin soft.

Any other ideas for foot care and to combat this would be appreciated

Get yourself a sheet of fine grade sandpaper...2 baht or jump overboard and get a foot file. Use once a week. Using razor blade is not reccomended

Get a specifric foot cream that contains urea,great for softening hard skin.

My husband has extremely hard skin on his feet. When dry, it will crack right down to the meat. Ouch. Something to beware.

So, get a pumice stone and use it on your feet every night. Boots or Watsons sells a cracked foot cream that you should use after pumicing your feet. If really bad you can then put some socks on your feet while in bed to help soften the skin.

THanks folks well I got the proper blade thing for removing the hard skin and yes mine crack if I not careful down to the fleash sore. but never mind.

Leisurely: Plastic bags mmmmm you just want me to tell you I went head over heels going to the loo I know

:o