Lottery flutters back after lockdown

webfact

Lottery flutters back after lockdown

By THE NATION

800_215d4afe87d26e9.jpg?v=1589270222

Lottery ticket vendors set up their stalls on Bangkok’s Ratchadamnoen Avenue ahead of Saturday’s draw.

The Government Lottery Office (GLO) announced the draw for the April 1 lottery will take place on May 16, marking the return of the numbers game after six weeks of lockdown. The June 1 lottery will be sold and drawn as normal.

5D3_9689.jpg

On April 15, the GLO had announced the April 1 lottery draw had been postponed again, to May 16, in a move to avoid transmission of Covid-19 via public gatherings.

5D3_9713.jpg

GLO has advised vendors to wear face masks at all times and wash their hands regularly. Both vendors and buyers should maintain social distancing and avoid gathering in front of lottery stalls.

“Vendors should also plan their reservation of tickets carefully and keep in mind that not too many tickets may be sold during this crisis. The unsold tickets purchased through reservation cannot be returned to the GLO like tickets purchased normally,” said the office.

5D3_9781.jpg

5D3_9809.jpg

5D3_9846.jpg

9B3A9645.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387715

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-12

The vendors are out and about in full force trying to sell off all the 1 April tickets they were stuck with. 

It's always been the case (for decades at least) where, even in dire circumstances, people are able to find money for booze, cigarettes and gambling, even when they are complaining about not having food for the table.

Someone sent me a Thai cartoon awhile ago when the booze buy ban was lifted. The first frame showed an angry Thai guy sitting on a sidewalk complaining that the government wasn't giving him money to buy food. Another guy in the frame tells the angry guy that the ban on buying booze has been lifted.

In the next frame, the angry guy is in a store battling with other customers to buy booze. (Kind of like those pics you see of people in the US fighting each other in stores during "Black Friday" or other special sales days.)

I've been waiting 6 weeks to (not) win the lottery again. My (un)lucky numbers can't get any (un)luckier (or much dustier, sitting on the shelf for 6+ weeks now) so lets get it rolling so I can (not) rejoice in my (not) winning (again) !