No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken: virologist

snoop1130

A lot of folks here have been lashing out at Dr. Poovorawan for handing out unnecessary advice on the grounds that they haven't heard the rumour.

I wonder how many of those critics have ventured outside their 4 walls these last 2 months and heard any gossip at all. Just because you haven't heard the rumour, it doesn't mean it's not out there. Besides which, most rumours of this nature that spread among the Thai community rarely reach the ears of the falang community anyway.

This rumour is out there for sure, my wife has heard about it. She doesn't believe it, but many people do, so kudos to Dr. Poovorawan for bringing this matter to the public's attention.

And kudos to @Yinn for supporting him.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

The big issue is when the cooked food is left lying on a table in the street and somebody with covid-19 breathes all over it.

Or like the vendor who tries to poison her customers..

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

nobody eats raw chicken or pork

beef can be eaten uncooked with lemon

Wrong.

Laab Moo Dip

• Like 2

“No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken: virologist”

Well of course not. As long as the meat is thoroughly cooked... any virus or bacteria or parasite is killed. 

Some people aren’t aware of that fact ????

Edited by Catoni
Correction

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken.

The food-safety scare blew up after Chinese research showed that coronavirus can be carried by cats, which sparked public concern that eating animals may be another source of Covid-19 infection. 

They also say that the virus is carried by Bats. 

So Really they don't have a Clue what animal /Insect can carry the virus. They know Jack ,,,,.

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Killing and eating animals is demeaning, disgusting, cruel and unhealthy.

and folks who feel the need to push their dietary beliefs others are irritating, but easily ignored.

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

A lot of folks here have been lashing out at Dr. Poovorawan for handing out unnecessary advice on the grounds that they haven't heard the rumour.

I wonder how many of those critics have ventured outside their 4 walls these last 2 months and heard any gossip at all. Just because you haven't heard the rumour, it doesn't mean it's not out there. Besides which, most rumours of this nature that spread among the Thai community rarely reach the ears of the falang community anyway.

This rumour is out there for sure, my wife has heard about it. She doesn't believe it, but many people do, so kudos to Dr. Poovorawan for bringing this matter to the public's attention.

And kudos to @Yinn for supporting him.

more to the point, those that wouldn't have been privy to the rumours even had they ventured outside or their wives had not taken the trouble to translate. 

Cat stew is nice on a cold winter's Eve along with Buffalo Bat wings as an appetizer ( love em naked not breaded and with nuclear sauce) ...I've got some bat traps if anyone wants to try....

11 hours ago, Greg O said:

Eating fresh Thai better..

Thai's are way to spicy....  I'd stick with Ferang meat for now..

How long have you been on lock down for?

Cannibalism should really be the last resort.

????????????

• Haha 1

It's not the lockdown effect I just can't allow myself to take any of this foolishness seriously so I tend to see the humorous side of everything (except when dealing with immigration) and take nothing at face value. I'm actually out and about everyday going to the beach and the pub ( yes it's still available) and have done several road trips. 

Cheers ! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Killing and eating animals is demeaning, disgusting, cruel and unhealthy.

Never seen a healthy vegetarian, and all the vegan cyclists I know appear to inject vitamins ..... doesn't seem natural or healthy to me.

Edited by BritManToo

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I wonder how many of those critics have ventured outside their 4 walls these last 2 months and heard any gossip at all.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought we were supposed to stay at home and avoid other people.

Yes quite so. You're simply restating the obvious. How would they hear any rumours?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Catoni said:

“No Covid risk from eating cooked pork, beef or chicken: virologist”

Well of course not. As long as the meat is thoroughly cooked... any virus or bacteria or parasite is killed.

Some people aren’t aware of that fact ????

Don't make stupid comments. That's like asking why cavemen weren't aware of the facts surrounding using sharp stones to puncture the skull to cure headaches.

How often have you seen Thai's cook food and then leave it on a table for days on end? When visiting family I won't eat anything unless I see it cooked.

Basic hygiene awareness is very patchy - they're treated like morons from school, and for many it's a normal way of behaving (even educated Thai's have some very strange beliefs).