Non-compliance of measures in some places as restrictions lifted

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Youlike said:

In every mall and market/shop i see staff without a mask....but as long as they are not farang it doesn't matter i guess?

Where do you live? All the Malls are closed around here... I picked up a Pizza at Megabangna and it's a ghost town except for food shops and delivery boys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

do not under estatimate this virus as there are possibilities of second wave infection. err on the side of caution.

Thailand did fine when it was open to Chinese tourists in Januaryand February. It did just as fine before the lockdown.  And during the lockdown .

Can anyone explain the low number of dead people? As most TV posters think the government is so incompetent, I would expect dead bodies lying in the streets. But they are not as I hear from people in BKK.

Maybe the sky is not falling after all... better get used to wave 2,3,4 etc as the virus will not be eradicated and a vaccine for 8 billion people will take time

3 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

All this effort for an Epidemic that has proven to not being anymore dangerous than a wave of seasonal flu. Covid-19 is NOT a Rampaging Killer Epidemic. The 1918 Spanish Flu was in fact a Rampaging Killer Epidemic that on a lethality scale of 1 to 10 would rate a 9.999.  While Covid-19 rated on the same lethality scale would barely garner a 4.0.  

After more than three months of REAL DATA it is painfully obvious that all the drastic measures mainly resulted in killing the Thai economy with millions of jobs lost and businesses destroyed. 

Worldwide economy (especially Europe,  USA and Australia) and not Thailand alone.. ????????

2 hours ago, Youlike said:

In every mall and market/shop i see staff without a mask....but as long as they are not farang it doesn't matter i guess?

I don't know where you shop, but in central Bangkok this is flat out untrue. Yes there are sporadic sightings of staff pulling down mask to breathe, or maybe to insert a straw into mouth. But that's less than 5 percent. Maybe 3 percent.

The other 95+ percent are observably doing what's required at this brief moment in time. At some big grocery stores I frequent (and I think 7-11s now), it's mask, plastic goggles, AND a face shield if one is directly interacting with customers, e.g. at the register.

And by the way. Who are the biggest observable infractors of masks and distancing? Why, it's FARANGS!! The irony.

Edited by Geeyore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

M71, you should fly to New York and stand on a box with a loud hailer and

state your remarks.  What, you do not think that this virus is serious?

Well when it is okay to travel  head to the US and see if

anyone there thinks this virus is ho hum.

Geezer

Many people in the USA think that there was an overreaction.  Especially when you are one of the 30 million unemployed without getting assistance or if you live in areas that have hardly any cases.

Antibody studies show that maybe 10 to 15% of the population had the virus without knowing it.. so mortality is fairly low.

But nobody in power will be able to admit that the used a meat cleaver instead of a surgical scalpel to attack the virus and protect old and sick people 

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

Are they serious?  To achieve an average compliance of over 97% across the four business areas is phenomenal in Thailand!

<deleted> are they complaining about?!!

That level of compliance would be phenomenal anywhere! As we've seen from the news, not all first world, developed, world leading countries have citizens and organizations complying so highly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Thailand did fine when it was open to Chinese tourists in Januaryand February. It did just as fine before the lockdown.  And during the lockdown .

Can anyone explain the low number of dead people? As most TV posters think the government is so incompetent, I would expect dead bodies lying in the streets. But they are not as I hear from people in BKK.

Maybe the sky is not falling after all... better get used to wave 2,3,4 etc as the virus will not be eradicated and a vaccine for 8 billion people will take time

You don't need a vaccine for 8 billion people. Not all who become affected become dangerously ill. Some become affected and show zero symptoms. You need a vaccine for those at risk initially. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

That level of compliance would be phenomenal anywhere! As we've seen from the news, not all first world, developed, world leading countries have citizens and organizations complying so highly.

True enough. I communicate with Western friends and relatives daily. They're almost all certain that masks and general safety measures are a sinister plot to enslave them. It's mostly my Asian friends in Western countries who are willingly taking sane precautions, such as the onerous and enslaving act of wearing a mask in public and washing one's hands more frequently. The horror! It's like a prison camp!!

Edited by Geeyore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnarth said:

does that mean that the Muslims are immune to this virus?

No that's not what it means.

Do you not recall that several weeks ago 45 Muslims returning from a pilgrimage in Indonesia were identified and then diagnosed at BKK with COVIT? 

45 positives on a plane with 75 passengers.

How they got their "good to fly" certificates in Indonesia is a mystery. Or maybe not.

2 hours ago, M71 said:

There is now such thing as Covid-19 it's just a strain of seasonal flu as shown by all of the independent doctors and virologists speaking out over the last month.

The figures point to it being even less dangerous than common flu with less deaths than a common seasonal flu around the world.

Please share some further details, especially your first sentence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I've also noticed a fair few people letting their guard down over the past week. I have to personally approach people and remind them to wear their face masks and politely explain to them the importance of protecting others. The general reaction i got from people was very apologetic as though they had just forgot, so i don't think it was exactly intentional from their part. 

in America you get shot that

• Like 1

Non-compliance everywhere.  Mask wearing, seat belts, motorcy helmets, littering, "prost!tution", the list is endless.  Have seen more police on Beach road in the last week than I have the last year (wonder where they all were previously?)    Many younger motorcy drivers wearing designer face masks, yet no helmets. At least they are considerate for the first responders who have to place their bodies onto a gurney after a crash. "Under the Emergency Decree laws currently in place for Thailand one could see a fine of up to 100,000 baht or even up to a year in jail for not wearing a mask in public" .https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/08/mask-wearing-in-pattaya-mandatory-from-tomorrow-heavy-fines-or-jail-time-possible-for-those-who-dont-wear-masks/

12 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Also these officials come up with absurd measures, such as limited entry points to the markets creating unnecessary congestion and queues that could actually trigger the virus spread. Some of their measures are not very well thought and need to be reconsidered.

Checking temperature is useless and a waste of time. It doesn't prevent the virus spread. I feel sorry for those people who have to stand and take the temperature. They could've done something else more productive.

Wearing masks and personal hygiene should suffice entering a market. No need for long queues and congestions for a temperature check.

Limited entry means that it is easier to check for compliance.

Temperature checks, although of limited efficacy, will catch some people who have symptoms.

And just how do they check for personal hygiene? Where I live, there may be a long queue but there is little or no congestion.  People are forced to maintain distance.

Of course there will be an increase in infections. When they relax measures more virus will spread. They just have to find a level that they are comfortable about. And do contact tracing and local lockdowns for outbreaks. They can't keep the economy locked fore ever. People won't have any money. I honestly think Prayut thinks he is supposed to get to zero transmissions. But that would require a level of lockdown that would kill the economy and kill people. 

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Which is how immunity is built up. 

People were exposed to much worse diseases in the past. But were hardier. Better diets, fitter and more time spent outside in the natural elements. Now, too much obesity, aircon, central heating etc. etc etc. The human race has weakened it's own gene pool and genetic development physically. 

Really ? Guess that's why the life expectancy of a US male in 1920 was 53 years old vs 78 years old today. Better more  variety more sanitary food available now and with exercise options available and you don't pig out on food and guzzle beers (beer belly) you can live a long active life.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Non-compliance of measures in some places as restrictions lifted

This morning in my Moo Baan, I counted 6 Thais all leaving to go outside on their motorcycles not wearing masks... when they arrive at work or town will they be allowed to enter work or shop?

27 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Another story teller. You need a job in the media 

Any predictive statement by anyone including "expert projections" concerning COVIT should be ignored.

Today is ok in Thailand WRT COVIT. Tomorrow might also be ok, and even next week. Beyond that it's a wild speculative guess. So many of these predictions (both apocalyptic and sanguine) have proven to be grossly ridiculous.

Personally I think it'll disappear as quickly and as inexplicably as it arrived. And then we repair the economic and governmental damage (in particular, the overreach in my home country). 

Just my opinion.

Edited by Geeyore

7 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

When they relax measures more virus will spread. They just have to find a level that they are comfortable about.

I believe an earlier official statement (by CCSA??) was sustained reporting of under 10 daily cases.