Non O Savvanahket

Hi..does anyone know if you can get a Non O multi Marriage in Savvahnaket at the moment and get let back into Mukdahan without any problems.? I dont want to be caught in the rush after everyone visa runs out at the same time. Thanks

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

There was a post just yesterday stating that the consulate there is closed. I'll try and locate it for you.

it has been for all intents closed for visa issuance since march 20 (even earlier for tourist visas) which pretty much coincides with border closure 22-23 march.

• Thanks 2

Unlikely that the borders will open until next month at the earliest. Most schools are back on the 18th May, many establishments are still be closed, colleges not open until 2nd June, Thai Airways  will start flights to Vientiane in July. As far as I am aware, inter-province travel is still restricted. At present no public bus services in Vientiane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CelticTam said:

Most schools are back on the 18th May, 

Schools in Laos?  From what I know, schools aren't reopening in Thailand in May.  Which is why I am stuck doing homeschool with the little rugrats on Zoom.  

1 hour ago, suparatto said:

Sorry i don't remember the other embassy,if I no wrong in viet nam where you can have the same non "o", without show money in the account .Thank you for the future answer!!Frank

HCMC (aka Saigon) Vietnam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do you want to go to SAV to do a visa right now? All visas are auto extended till July 31. You dont need to do anything but wait.

My NON-O multi visa expired 5 may (not 90 day, 1 year finished may 5) Im waiting at home so far for July 31, then i will go to SAV to do my new NON-O multi. 

Borders are open only for neighbouring countries nationals if im not mistaken.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a source of that info?

All visa types are safe till 31 July, right? so why need a travel to SAV right now? Did i miss something? Because my non-o multi expired 5 may (1 year finish) am not safe?! im over stay?? Something changed about 31 july?

thanks

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Why do you want to go to SAV to do a visa right now? All visas are auto extended till July 31. You dont need to do anything but wait.

My NON-O multi visa expired 5 may (not 90 day, 1 year finished may 5) Im waiting at home so far for July 31, then i will go to SAV to do my new NON-O multi. 

If most foreigners are to be banned from entering Thailand until the end of the year (as mentioned in another thread from The Nation) then it must follow that everyone in Thailand who has a visa/permission to stay that has been extended until 31st July will now have that extended further until 2021. After all, border runs will be out of the question as we wouldn't be allowed to return. Unless we are Chinese.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

it must follow that everyone in Thailand who has a visa/permission to stay that has been extended until 31st July will now have that extended further until 2021

Too much catnip - Imgflip

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Too much catnip - Imgflip

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

it must follow that everyone in Thailand who has a visa/permission to stay that has been extended until 31st July will now have that extended further until 2021

You forgot to include my reasoning for that. Which was that it is planned for foreigners to not be allowed into Thailand until the end of the year. Therefore, people will be unable to leave for border runs as they will not be allowed to re-enter.

Unless you think they'll make special arrangements for those already holding visas/permission to stay before 31st July. What's your thinking on the situation, one which makes more sense than a picture of a cat?

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Unless you think they'll make special arrangements for those already holding visas/permission to stay before 31st July. What's your thinking on the situation, one which makes more sense than a picture of a cat?

I think they'll extend all 'permissions to stay' until the end of the year.

Doesn't bother me, I can just buy a 1 year extension to look after my kid if I have to.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Unless you think they'll make special arrangements for those already holding visas/permission to stay before 31st July.

They have stated they will announce before July 31st but I do not believe they will extend those here on visa exempt/tourist visas until the end of year unless the world continues in a lock-down.  They may indeed make arrangements for those married/ED that use 90 day entry but not sure it would just be an extension to end of year.  We really do not know the future and things seem to change almost daily.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They have stated they will announce before July 31st but I do not believe they will extend those here on visa exempt/tourist visas until the end of year unless the world continues in a lock-down.  They may indeed make arrangements for those married/ED that use 90 day entry but not sure it would just be an extension to end of year.  We really do not know the future and things seem to change almost daily.

I'd guess it would be done in stages, as has happened so far this year. But unless they open the door to foreigners before the end of the year I see no alternative but to keep adding extensions to the date we are allowed to remain in-country. Maybe the left hand should be talking to the right hand......

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If most foreigners are to be banned from entering Thailand until the end of the year (as mentioned in another thread from The Nation) then it must follow that everyone in Thailand who has a visa/permission to stay that has been extended until 31st July will now have that extended further until 2021. After all, border runs will be out of the question as we wouldn't be allowed to return. Unless we are Chinese.

I believe that, once there are reasonable options for people to return to their home countries, those who cannot qualify for long term extensions (marriage, retirement, work) will be expected to leave. There might be a further automatic extension past 31 July, but I will be surprised if it is a long one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot to include my reasoning for that. Which was that it is planned for foreigners to not be allowed into Thailand until the end of the year. Therefore, people will be unable to leave for border runs as they will not be allowed to re-enter.

Just because they won't allow people in from certain countries doesn't mean they won't have outgoing flights so people can leave. Just like it was in the beginning - unless ones homecountry have closed the borders and the embassy can provide a affidavit then people will need to leave. 

Edited by Okis

16 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Border to Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar are still completely closed, only for trucks with essential goods they are open. And for emergency repatriation.

Malaysia, only Thai can return via few checkpoints if prearranged.

9 hours ago, Okis said:
11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just because they won't allow people in from certain countries doesn't mean they won't have outgoing flights so people can leave. Just like it was in the beginning - unless ones homecountry have closed the borders and the embassy can provide a affidavit then people will need to leave. 

I think you miss the point of my post. There are many thousands of foreigners for whom Thailand is home. Every one of them needs a visa/permission to stay which is time limited (unlike many other countries where if you are married to a local it is comparitively easy to get permanent residency). The Thai government has said that an extension of stay has been granted to those foreigners until 31st July with no action by the alien needed.

The Nation has put forward the idea that most foreigners will not be allowed to enter Thailand until the end of 2020. They gave no source for that information, but there are strict laws in Thailand for publishing fake statements (unless it is from government officials ???? ) so I assume there must be some substance to what they wrote.

If foreigners are not allowed to enter Thailand until then, then no-one will be able to do border runs or go overseas to renew their visa as they would not be allowed ro re-enter Thailand this year. It follows, therefore, that the current automatic extension to stay must be extended beyond 31st July, perhaps in stages.

And all of that has nothing at all to do with what you wrote about foreigners being free to fly back to their own country.