Thai immigration nab Cameroonian on 5 year overstay

webfact

Irony in its purest form.  How about cleaning up yourself before saying others are damaging Thailands reputation. You can say that you want to throw out bad guys. But the damaging thailand reputation thing you are doing is on your own

On 5/14/2020 at 7:52 PM, Burma Bill said:

I have met "Big Oud" whilst working as a volunteer with the Tourist Police, and believe me he is not "big", being a rather short gentleman!

51 minutes ago, essox essox said:

big refers to HIS power.... and status in government

Bill would have said the same thing if he had met Napoleon.

• Haha 1

2pm2.jpg

Judging by the number of high ranking officials and police special squad, you would think they had arrested the most dangerous criminal in S.E.Asia instead of a third world citizen on overstay. Maybe he was a ringleader in providing illegal substances?

On 5/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, JingerBen said:

Now that they've caught him what are they going to do with him?

Send him back to Cameroon?

When and how?

Presumably they'll do what they always do, court, IDC and out of the country when flights are available.  The "when" will be his problem that he's had five years to ponder about!

On 5/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, SidJames said:

What will actually happen to this fellow?

They can't just keep him in the chokey forever & a day.

Why not?   He's (apparently) a crook on a five-year overstay, IDC will look after him until Cameroon opens it's borders again and he can be deported, I'm sure.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

On 5/14/2020 at 7:55 PM, sead said:

Irony in its purest form.  How about cleaning up yourself before saying others are damaging Thailands reputation. You can say that you want to throw out bad guys. But the damaging thailand reputation thing you are doing is on your own

On 5/14/2020 at 4:54 PM, sweatalot said:

"crack down on law breaking foreigners damaging Thailand's image"

Why don't they crack down on law breaking Thais ? 

The effect on improving Thailand's image might be much bigger

Bear in mind that what is stated in the OP is written by Naew Na, which has a mocking tone to every article that it produces, not necessarily the police or the government.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:27 PM, nausea said:
On 5/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, JingerBen said:

Now that they've caught him what are they going to do with him?

Send him back to Cameroon?

When and how?

Exactly, totally bl@#dy pointless. 

Surely the bloody point is that a chronic over-stayer and suspected member of a criminal gang has been arrested and will face a court?  Are you suggesting that criminals, foreign or not, should have their crimes ignored and be left to carry on as they like just because there are Covid-19 restrictions?  If so, where would you draw the line?

10 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why not?   He's (apparently) a crook on a five-year overstay, IDC will look after him until Cameroon opens it's borders again and he can be deported, I'm sure.

Thats assuming he can pay for a flight if not he's in there for years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Thats assuming he can pay for a flight if not he's in there for years

This is the point that I was making.

As far as I know Thailand won't pay for his flight & I can't see his government paying so does the fellow deserve life in a Thai jail just for over-staying & being too poor to buy a flight or bribe his way out?

How many stories have we heard of rich Europeans, Americans not to mention local sons of the connected slip away after being arrested for murder, the most heinous of crimes?

They were working as english teachers at one of the smaller schools when I lived in Ban Phai, I used to see them in 7-eleven mostly.

I always wondered why they were allowed to live there so long without immigration onto them, possibly the school was protecting them.