AT tires for a 4 x 4 pickup

We have the Yokohama Geolanders on 2 of ours and they have been a good solid tire...

A lot depends on the type of use/terrain/conditions you're expecting/needing during the upcoming wet months.....

Prior to here I'd been a Michelin guy, but, found the Yokohamas when the only Michelin guy couldn't be bothered to sell me 5 Michelin tires & 5 custom rims that caught my eye as I was looking at the tire display.....

It saved some $$$ as they're made here (no import tax/tariff)......

Yokohama are a very good tyer. 

Ive used them in the UK 30 years ago. 

What I will say, is only use AT tyers if you're driving mostly on unpaved roads, otherwise, you would get better grip from normal tyers if you are on normal roads most of the time. 

They're not as good looking, but horses for courses. 

• Like 1

Yokohama does have a good rep and their warranty is very good. A bit expensive though for a 6 year-old Isaan back road thrasher which I find is an increasing requirement with these curfews and what not.

What variant of a generic AT tire are you looking for? Some are biased for metaled roads with others biased for different off-road conditions. You don't specify which backroad you're willing to drive. Cost of the tires doesn't maketh the driver.

3 years back I dumped my Dueler 684's because I didn't like them for their highway or marginal off-road performance. My alternate choice was more based on cost than rhetoric. 

I was offered Dunlop AT25's for 15,000 THB with a subtraction of 8,000 THB for the Duelers. A total cost to me of 7,000 THB.

Not being a tire expert I got the AT25's, just to trial them. They were far superior to the Duelers: lower noise, a more compliant ride and to cap it all, they took me to the Tiramisu Waterfalls during a few days of rain.

Last Saturday, bought a new set after 55,000 kilometers - 18,000 THB less 3,000 THB for the old tires.

• 9 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 8:45 PM, alacrity said:

What variant of a generic AT tire are you looking for? Some are biased for metaled roads with others biased for different off-road conditions. You don't specify which backroad you're willing to drive. Cost of the tires doesn't maketh the driver.

3 years back I dumped my Dueler 684's because I didn't like them for their highway or marginal off-road performance. My alternate choice was more based on cost than rhetoric. 

I was offered Dunlop AT25's for 15,000 THB with a subtraction of 8,000 THB for the Duelers. A total cost to me of 7,000 THB.

Not being a tire expert I got the AT25's, just to trial them. They were far superior to the Duelers: lower noise, a more compliant ride and to cap it all, they took me to the Tiramisu Waterfalls during a few days of rain.

Last Saturday, bought a new set after 55,000 kilometers - 18,000 THB less 3,000 THB for the old tires.

They look like a decent tire and about the same price range as the Hankook and Giti I mentioned in the OP. A quick check on lazada and a set of 4 + valves for 14,490 baht. Customer picture shows sidewall manufacturing date stamp as 2620 which is good.