Thaksin says Thai lockdown a mistake

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Not a Thaksin fan by any means, however, I would dispute your statement, he was PM from 2001 to 2006 and SARS was first officially identified in Thailand on 11th March 2003

I stand corrected. I thought the SARS was much later

Arm chair quarterback who is out of the picture. News organizations should ignore the man and render him irrelevant and long forgotten. He will have to get to the back of the line to feed at the trough. Others have more pressing needs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Who cares what Thaksin thinks? Isn't he a criminal like his sister? Typical greedy nature.

Western countries believe that the Thai justice is too injuste to be trusted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thai006 said:

when you no work in thailand u not got money like these other country    , oh yeah 5000b  what a joke some people just spend that mount of money in just one night here lol 

5000 baht is not a joke in a country were you can easily live on 10.000 a month. 5000 in the province is actually enough to live on given that almost everyone has land, a makeshift house and nearly free food. 

So think before "U lol" as you so eloquently wrote

• Like 2

14 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Who cares what Thaksin thinks? Isn't he a criminal like his sister? Typical greedy nature.

Agree. 

But this time he is saying the right thing - even if his motivation might not be selfless

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simon Snake said:

I know thaivisa is suffering like everyone else but whats with the gazillion popup ads.  P.S Who the hell is Thaksin again - some old guy that got kicked out of the country ages ago.  Meh move on.  Trumps insulting China again - pass the popcorn.

Driving me crazy and the Chrome pop up blocker does not stop them.

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

Well he could hardly have been expected to tell the truth and say that the government has done a world-class job of managing the virus so far. 

Truth? This gov hasn't gone that once in 6 years !!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

they might eventually find a cure for Covid19. 

And I might win the lottery. ???? 30 years and millions of deaths and they still don't have a vaccine for HIV, which is a virus.

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 1

Well, it looks like Thaksin thinks it’s time to make another move At Thailand. And his Perception Management trolls are doing their PR job again. Beware, every time this happens, problems follow very soon. 

So sad, as if Thailand doesn’t have enough to deal with now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pagallim said:

You need to research what he was actually convicted of, not hearsay or rumour.   Yingluck's 'crime' was not stopping the corruption that state officials and others did with the rice buying scheme.   There was specific mention during her 'trial' that there was no suggestion that she herself had benefited in any way from the scheme.

No fistful of cash direct in pocket, only using the power of the corruption for control and profits elsewhere. classic.
And Inadvertently flooding the country to pay off the election ‘rice vote brokers’ with rice at highly inflated prices. She was in it up to her pearl necklace.

• Sad 5

13 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this global lockdown was imposed on most countries by stronger countries

and the WHO.

thailand had no choice but to comply with the WHO instructions, especially

when air travel was halted.

the interesting country to check is turkemenistan, where it is illegal to even

say the word corona or to use masks !!! because the dictator there believe this

whole corona thing is a hoax.

I love that guy! I’m moving to Turkmenistan.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sharp said:

A blind man on a galloping horse can see what this 'Plandemic' is about and it aint a virus !!

Yes, Big Pharma is rubbing its hands together. Ker-ching! Nice move Bill, well done. Power is nothing without control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So he'd gone the way of letting the elderly croak to keep the baht flowing. Not really surprising. It's the way Thailand will eventually have to do it anyway since they are unable to create an efficient test & trace network. The lockdowns just delayed the inevitable.

Judging by the extremely low number of Covid cases and related deaths, shows that

the Government ultimately did a good job. Those that agree with Thaksin most likely

are bar flies or Happy Ending shop visitors.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1