Thaksin says Thai lockdown a mistake

snoop1130

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Keeping his loyal supporters happy.... smart man.

My wife from Buriram misses the Thaksin days as so do many others their. I cant comment on Thaksin because I wasnt in Thailand during their time only the transition period. But they are missed in the NE of Thailand this much I know. Your going to lockdown a country because of a virus, What... its absurd! Im being nice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Who cares what Thaksin thinks? Isn't he a criminal like his sister? Typical greedy nature.

Yep, patriarch of the crime family clan.

Really, he stirs the pot and all the Shin fan boys on TVF wet themselves applauding.

So this criminal despot wannabee knows better than other world leaders, scientists and the medical profession. 

What's worse is the appalling judgement again shown by the BBC giving this crook credibility.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

My wife from Buriram misses the Thaksin days as so do many others their. I cant comment on Thaksin because I wasnt in Thailand during their time only the transition period. But they are missed in the NE of Thailand this much I know. Your going to lockdown a country because of a virus, What... its absurd! Im being nice.

So you think Thaksin's right - and the US, UK, NZ, Australia, France, Germany, Russia, China, HK, Singapore, India etc etc etc were all wrong.

Clearly your Isaan wife knows more than WHO, scientists, doctors and experts!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What's worse is the appalling judgement again shown by the BBC giving this crook credibility.

LOL, thanks ???? I never realised that anyone was still naive enough to expect the BBC (Brussels Brainwashing Corp) to be free, fair and independent, long ago deteriorated into a liberal, lefties serving rag!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

NO matter what thaksin say, him not can newer go back thailand ,or if come fight to jail sametime and then him wait when deleted. him has destroy all thailand because want only money own pocket many milliard. thief money all farmers pockets. same all him family, all have big criminal and no newer can go back to thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Clearly your Isaan wife knows more than WHO, scientists, doctors and experts!

Many in the media agree with "Isaan wife"

Not in the MSM you read though I'm sure, truth would ruin the "Agenda" do you really consider "WHO" trustworthy? or are you just being contentious? maybe a fan of their main sponsor?

Rock on "Isaan wife" think for yourself ???? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So do you have a link for that?
There's been a total of 2 cases in the Province where I live yet everything is closed for over a month and still closed.

There has never been a case in Khampaeng Phet province yet we had malls shut down, curfew, booze ban etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Who’s not corrupt in Thailand ? He also done good with orphans setting up several institutions before the government intervened and closed them down and retook the money leaving many children homeless again...today’s government only concerned about the rich Leaving many Thais without a pot to <deleted> in 

He also reaped much much more for himself, his family and his cronies - which has never been returned. 

19 minutes ago, CGW said:

LOL, thanks ???? I never realised that anyone was still naive enough to expect the BBC (Brussels Brainwashing Corp) to be free, fair and independent, long ago deteriorated into a liberal, lefties serving rag!

Sadly, they've been that way a long time, and still getting worse and worse.

Powerful cliques within, actors, producers, senior executives etc made sure only those with the "right views" were recruited. Now blatantly a political organization that supports any politician anywhere who pretends to be for the people and left wing!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

Many in the media agree with "Isaan wife"

Not in the MSM you read though I'm sure, truth would ruin the "Agenda" do you really consider "WHO" trustworthy? or are you just being contentious? maybe a fan of their main sponsor?

Rock on "Isaan wife" think for yourself ???? 

Er, so you now are a Trump / Boris supporter?? No lock down necessary. Herd immunity? 

And you conveniently forget that Thaksin was crawling around the Chinese, his "homeland" and his sister now runs a company there?

So which media, experts, virologists, doctors would you like to cite who believe lock downs to be unnecessary? 

The WHO might not be the most trustworthy or credible at the moment, but they're infinitely more trustworthy and credible than the serial liar and convicted criminal Thaksin.

That you suggest he is trustworthy and honest speaks volumes of your own credibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Who cares what Thaksin thinks? Isn't he a criminal like his sister? Typical greedy nature.

Like you and I he's entitled to his opinion..

ThaiVisa even publishes Prayut's ( & Steven100's) opinion, so they can publish Thaksin's opinion.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, thai006 said:

taksin is right by the way  thailand is not country like france , germany , UK  

when you no work in thailand u not got money like these other country    , oh yeah 5000b  what a joke some people just spend that mount of money in just one night here lol 

Don't forget to mention, the tax in many other country is much. much higher then in Thailand, so what do you expect? Instead 5000 to give 15000?

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

That you suggest he is trustworthy and honest speaks volumes of your own credibility.

O dear, you have had to resort to attacking my personal credibility of which you know nothing - bye

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin probably stole money, but every coup leader stole the whole country.

Who would be the better leader?

Someone who has been an elected PM, has experience and is a good businessman, or a non elected army general with no experience and who is grimly hanging on to power?

No probably about it - and a very large amount!

The answer to your question is debatable.

Stealing the whole country - Thaksin's ambitious plans to get an off the books 2.2 trillion loan for the last PTP to spend as they saw fit was akin to stealing the whole country given the debt burden he would have created. 

He isn't a good businessman. He had failures before getting a monopoly and milking it. He leadership is based on a kleptocracy which would have meant he needed to avoid any kind of lockdown which affects the flow of bribes and tough funds. 

He would certainly been another Hun Sen style dictator had it not been for the inability to win over the military establishment. 

Would that have been better for the population, hard to say, and any answer is speculative, given the choices.

But some posters want to pretend he's virtuous, honest and never done anything wrong ever. Just like Mr. Amsterdam used to claim!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

O dear, you have had to resort to attacking my personal credibility of which you know nothing - bye

Sorry but when you choose to post rather opinionated farcical claims, your credibility, or agenda, does come into question. Bye bye.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, better than most I would think. Because it seems most Thais don't follow the news. Maybe they follow some very one-sided shows like truth today or some facebook red-shirt stories.

I am in Thailand since before Thaksin came to power. I read national and international news every day. And I remember lots of news about Thaksin. I remember at that time thinking often: How long will Thais accept this kind of behavior. It was not only that he was corrupt like many, it seems he really tried to rub it in and show everybody how corrupt he can be and get away with. A prime example was the loan from Thailand to Myanmar to buy equipment from his private company. And he as PM decided to add some extra money to that loan for his private pocket.

I was here when the 2006 coup happened. The military was on the streets and everything was peaceful. People were happy and gave the soldiers flowers and soft drinks.

And I was here when the red-shirts brought chaos to town. When they burned down a bus and at that time we though how bad will it get. And it got a lot worse.

Later, in 2010, I worked sometimes in an office in the red-shirt controlled center of town and I had to ask them at their bamboo and tire barriers if they allow me to pass. And the police did obviously nothing.

I could go on and on. Thaksin divided the nation like nobody before him. He did a couple of good things but it seems his main motivation was to give out crumbs so that he could get the cake.

From time to time I ask Thai people what they think about him. And I asked them about specific scandals. Most Thais didn't know. And if I asked them where they think Thaksins money comes from their only answer was something like: Abhisit has more money - which is not true.

I am happy that the military removed Thaksin and that they removed his little clone sister. Unfortunately lots of red-shirt leaders never went to jail.

Prayut is obviously not perfect but compared to Thaksin I prefer him every day.

And yet most Thais, who also have lived here throughout the times which you describe, and have equal if not better access to news, comment and opinions, don't agree with you now, and if we are to regard every electoral result since Thaksin was overthrown, have consistently not thought so!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin probably stole money

:cheesy: 

Deputy PM. Floating the baht, Chawalit(Big Jui), 1997, remember?

Killing thousands of people 2003 ish without trial, remember?

Comparing his government(which in no sense of the word was Democratic) to the one now is interesting. The current one is better in many different ways.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2