Senior policeman transferred after causing Grab delivery driver to lose leg

webfact

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:
16 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

But, wait, this is Thailand and US rules do not apply here, neither are US rules necessarily to be assumed to be the most ideal! 

What makes you think that in an inactive post in Thailand the officer will be in any position to exercise his powers?

I know that he still has the ability to be a policeman here in Thailand, where in the US he or she does not.  How do I know this, well my former brother in law is a RTP Lt Colonel, and ex father in-law is a retired Judge.  It goes without saying that an inactive post here is just easy money and still having the perks they believe they all have.....I myself am a retired LEO commander from the US, so when it comes to internal affairs as well as suspensions I do know what I am talking about....

So you know, then, that he is in a supervised, inactive post.  

I've no idea what an LEO officer in the US so maybe you know what you're talking about when it comes to US IAs but it's it's irrelevant here, knowledge of the US system does not automatically equate to knowing what you're talking about when it comes to Thailand.

My now ex-BIL stepped on some toes when he was told to look in another direction during running some investigations.  He was placed into an inactive post while they investigated the charges brought forth.  He sat in an office in full uniform with his weapon, and had no contact with the public.  he was to be to the location assigned by 8 am every morning and to sit idle until 5 pm at which time he was released to go home.  After 6 months he was reassigned as a staff driver, and then eventually put in a post in an out of the way district where he could not make waves.  It took him 5 years to get back to his home town where he now does as he is told....I have rarely heard of a policeman being removed from the job.  Even Thaksin retained his police rank until he was stripped of it by the now PM....

Why not straight to jail? 

Leaving the scene of an accident 

Fail to render assistance 

Negligent driving causing serious injury? 

Disgusting behaviour, every Thai person should be ashamed of their nation that this is par for the course. 

1 hour ago, rosst said:

Why not straight to jail? 

Leaving the scene of an accident 

Fail to render assistance 

Negligent driving causing serious injury? 

Disgusting behaviour, every Thai person should be ashamed of their nation that this is par for the course. 

Or even held to a higher standard as the law enforcement personnel in The US are held to....get caught and the penalty is worse than if you were a normal citizen