Rihanna becomes world’s richest female musician with huge £468m fortune

snoop1130

Rihanna becomes world’s richest female musician with huge £468m fortune

By Nick Reilly

rihanna-2000x1270-1-696x442.jpg

Rihanna accepts the President’s Award onstage during the 51st NAACP Image Awards, Presented by BET, at Pasadena Civic Auditorium on February 22, 2020 in Pasadena, California. CREDIT: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for BET

Rihanna has been named as the world’s richest female musician after she debuted at No.3 in The Sunday Times‘ list of the wealthiest musicians.

With an estimated fortune of £468m, the singer has entered the list behind Andrew Lloyd Webber and Paul McCartney, who are both reportedly worth £800m.

It puts her just ahead of Elton John, with Rihanna’s worth being largely attributed to a 15% stake in the French luxury company LVMH – which is worth £351.6m.

She has also scored huge success with Fenty Beauty, which is now valued at $3 billion (£2.8bn). Rihanna’s reported stake of 15% is said to be worth a cool £351.6 million.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/rihanna-becomes-worlds-richest-female-musician-with-huge-468m-fortune-2668593

15 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Other than "Umbrella" which is awesome  does she have any good songs? Did she write it herself?

Plenty of great songs.  Two awesome chorus lines with Eminem, Monster & I love the way you lie.   Seriously talented.  Suspect she would have started out writing her own stuff but anyone's guess how much she would do now.   She knows and understands her talents better than anyone, so no doubt she would have significant input.

12 hours ago, sprq said:

Her talent for business is clearly superior to her musical talent. She wouldn't win any beauty contests either.

I'm sure most "young" men will buy the video to watch in their bedroom...with the sound off??    ????

Well done, Rihanna, but I'm more surprised over that a pub entertainer with a cheap acoustic guitar and no band, nor show-dancers, made it to Top-10 in no time; I'm of course thing of Ed Sheran...????

Richest Musicians in Britain
1) Lord Lloyd-Webber (£800m)
1) Sir Paul McCartney (£800m)
3) Rihanna (£468m)
4) Sir Elton John (£360m)
5) Sir Mick Jagger (£285m)
6) Olivia and Dhani Harrison (£270m)
6) Keith Richards (£270m)
???? Sir Ringo Starr (£260m)
9) Michael Flatley (Riverdance) (£206m)
10) Ed Sheeran (£200m)
10) Sir Rod Stewart (£200m)
10) Sting (£200m)

On 5/16/2020 at 6:27 PM, khunPer said:

Well done, Rihanna, but I'm more surprised over that a pub entertainer with a cheap acoustic guitar and no band, nor show-dancers, made it to Top-10 in no time; I'm of course thing of Ed Sheran...????

Richest Musicians in Britain
1) Lord Lloyd-Webber (£800m)
1) Sir Paul McCartney (£800m)
3) Rihanna (£468m)
4) Sir Elton John (£360m)
5) Sir Mick Jagger (£285m)
6) Olivia and Dhani Harrison (£270m)
6) Keith Richards (£270m)
???? Sir Ringo Starr (£260m)
9) Michael Flatley (Riverdance) (£206m)
10) Ed Sheeran (£200m)
10) Sir Rod Stewart (£200m)
10) Sting (£200m)

With the exception of a couple ( I never heard of Olivia and Dhani Harrison ) of known names, they all made it before the internet made it possible to steal music.  It's good that that woman didn't make Paul a pauper.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:48 AM, redwood1 said:

Look at Wikipedia they say she has almost sold more music than the Beatles ...Yea right.......

Rihanna is just a manufactured corporate drone pumping out bland music same a Lady GaGa... 

So bland I don't know anything she's done. Just another forgettable singer producing disposable background noise to add to the other 50 thousand forgettable songs on people's machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

With the exception of a couple ( I never heard of Olivia and Dhani Harrison ) of known names, they all made it before the internet made it possible to steal music.  It's good that that woman didn't make Paul a pauper.

Perhaps you have heard about George Harrison, Olivia Harrison is his wife, and Dhani Harrison his son, but I also had to think about it, before I realized the connection...????

I believe Ed Sheran – and also Rihanna (Years active 2003–present) – made if after the Internet made it possible to "steal" music...????

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So bland I don't know anything she's done. Just another forgettable singer producing disposable background noise to add to the other 50 thousand forgettable songs on people's machine.

This is simply a reflection of your musical taste.  Surely her music is important if it's made her hundreds of million.  I'm sure you know there are plenty of young people who've never heard of the Beatles or the Stones.  But hey, your opinion and the other dinosaurs on this thread are the only opinions that matter...not.   

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This is simply a reflection of your musical taste.  Surely her music is important if it's made her hundreds of million.  I'm sure you know there are plenty of young people who've never heard of the Beatles or the Stones.  But hey, your opinion and the other dinosaurs on this thread are the only opinions that matter...not.   

Are you saying that only opinions that coincide with your own should be permitted on TVF?

If that were the case you might be talking to yourself.

Otherwise I'm entitled to my opinions as are you.

Are you unable to post without insulting other posters?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They had talent and were in an era when people didn't steal their songs off the internet.

Sure they had talent ... But did not singers 'steal' songs in a different way ? ????

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that only opinions that coincide with your own should be permitted on TVF?

If that were the case you might be talking to yourself.

Otherwise I'm entitled to my opinions as are you.

Are you unable to post without insulting other posters?

Take it easy dude...just expressing my opinion as well.  To be honest, I'm not familiar with her music either.  But I've heard those in the business say she's a musical genius.  Their opinion as well. 

The thing is, there are many artists out there who've been hugely successful, yet, I'm not a fan of their music.  Sting, Lionel Ritchie, Billy Joel...just to name a few.  Although I'm not keen on their music, I won't call them bland or talentless because obviously, they all have a huge fan base and therefore, must be doing something right.  That's my point.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, snoop1130 said:

It puts her just ahead of Elton John, with Rihanna’s worth being largely attributed to a 15% stake in the French luxury company LVMH – which is worth £351.6m.

She has also scored huge success with Fenty Beauty, which is now valued at $3 billion (£2.8bn). Rihanna’s reported stake of 15% is said to be worth a cool £351.6 million.

That is how she makes her money. Singing, & entertaining? Yes  she does that too, but doesn't look like she makes much doing it. 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:53 AM, Berkshire said:

Take it easy dude...just expressing my opinion as well.  To be honest, I'm not familiar with her music either.  But I've heard those in the business say she's a musical genius.  Their opinion as well. 

The thing is, there are many artists out there who've been hugely successful, yet, I'm not a fan of their music.  Sting, Lionel Ritchie, Billy Joel...just to name a few.  Although I'm not keen on their music, I won't call them bland or talentless because obviously, they all have a huge fan base and therefore, must be doing something right.  That's my point.

With 7 billion people in the world it's not hard to have a big fan base or get rich by selling lots of cheap things to a lot of people. Explains why there are so many billionaires in China.

I'm not really dissing her personally as I don't know her, but I hate this modern thing that says because someone has loads of money they must be really good. I have seen her on a music VDO with a very sexy blond singer, whose name I forget, but the blond was more attractive than her so I didn't take much notice.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, rvaviator said:

Sure they had talent ... But did not singers 'steal' songs in a different way ? ????

Sure. There are only so many music notes and there are so many songs now that everyone is stealing something from a song already made. It's like dresses. There are only so many ways to make a dress, but one has to come up with a different "angle" to sell lots and get rich.

That's where talent comes in. Any competent musician can copy music, but it takes talent to make music that doesn't sound like someone else's.

IMO writing is the only "art" where one can make a truly original work that is unlike anyone else's.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:15 PM, Captain Monday said:

Other than "Umbrella" which is awesome  does she have any good songs? Did she write it herself?

The point is she has been very business savvy. It was quite clear from the report that her wealth comes from shares in successful companies, not from writing songs. Having a 15% stake in LVMH is amazing. How did she manage that?

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

With 7 billion people in the world it's not hard to have a big fan base or get rich by selling lots of cheap things to a lot of people. Explains why there are so many billionaires in China.

I'm not really dissing her personally as I don't know her, but I hate this modern thing that says because someone has loads of money they must be really good. I have seen her on a music VDO with a very sexy blond singer, whose name I forget, but the blond was more attractive than her so I didn't take much notice.

Is being popular and selling lots of music not good? I would say it's the barometer of what is good. Everything else is subjective.

Music is art, and it's up the person listening to decide what is good. It's quite simple, if you like it, it's good and if you don't, it's bad. If not, we'd all be listening to Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin et al, all day long, as our grandparents thought that was the best of the best. Arguing about what is good and bad in art is a fruitless endeavour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As far as physical attractiveness, she's not my type but certainly above average.  She appeared in that rather forgettable movie Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.  She was pretty hot. 

4 hours ago, tropo said:

Is being popular and selling lots of music not good? I would say it's the barometer of what is good. Everything else is subjective.

Music is art, and it's up the person listening to decide what is good. It's quite simple, if you like it, it's good and if you don't, it's bad. If not, we'd all be listening to Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin et al, all day long, as our grandparents thought that was the best of the best. Arguing about what is good and bad in art is a fruitless endeavour.

I would say its more a measure of how much publicity they get and nothing to do with good or bad. The general public are generally like sheep and will buy any old sh!te if you feed them it enough.  The voice", American idol and "country's got talent" are examples of this.