Thais top regional rankings for mask-wearing, hand washing

Ranked #1 how did they come up with that.

I didn't even read link provided.

I was last in HCMC March 16. The Vietnamese very far more concerned about covid than what I found in Bangkok where I live. All bars shut down March 14.

Also it became compulsory to wear face mask if outside. 

• Like 1

If it's a survey, when you report the results, you have to say "x% of respondents said they were...", you can't say that they were doing the behavior. 

Also, self-report has inherent problems. Just go out and watch a bunch of Thai people. For example, I just did my evening walking of circles through my neighborhood. I saw about 50 total Thai people. And, there was me. I was wearing a mask. If you don't count masks as chin covers, I saw no other people wearing masks. So, about 2% of people in my neighborhood this evening were wearing masks. However, if you phone them up and ask them the survey questions, you'll probably get answers more in line with our honest Dr.'s report. 

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Maybe because of the (world leading ) air pollution from burning everything in sight before the rainy season ?

the face mask wearing was not that high of a percentage during the smoke season. i was out on my bike almost the entire season every other day. very little thai had masks on during the time. once the plandemic got bad then and only then did mass mask wearing occur.

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Why cant we give a little credit where credit is due

Credit for what ?   Thailand seems to have had "miraculously"   very few infections and deaths even though they hosted 7000 tourists from Wuhan and  millions of others from China ..was the reason for so few deaths the version 1 Wuflu,intense UV,chillis and garlic,somtam,no hand shake,super human immune system ???  who knows.. I doubt it was from closing the beaches and banning alcohol sales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

89 per cent were washing their hands frequently

Did the survey have any standards as to what "frequently" means (hourly, 3-6 times a day, etc.)? IMHO Thais are probably more fastidious than many nationalities about washing their hands after using the toilet, but did the survey have guidelines for sticking your finger up your nose?

58 minutes ago, johng said:

Credit for what ?  

"The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced on Wednesday (May 20) that 95 per cent of Thais wore face masks and 89 per cent were washing their hands frequently."

• Haha 2