Anyone know if there are repatriation flights from the US to Thailand?

Try sending the Embassy an email. The Embassy, no doubt, has several numbers. While the consular section is the most appropriate for this kind of enquiry, calling another number and asking them to transfer you is another option. You need to be persistent, trying at different times of day. If there is still no joy, the MFA in Bangkok probably has people who know.

It is likely that there is, at least, an occasional flight on which Thai nationals can be repatriated. However, without finding a way to contact the Embassy to be given clearance to take a repatriation flight, the existence of such flights will be of no use to you.

• Like 1

Watch the daily brief from the CCSA on You Tube. Reparation flights are announced on there. I have seen the USA mentioned.

The point of contact is the Thai embassy or its consulates in the US,

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a flight (or flights more likely) back in April, which included ~ 120 Thai high school students, and four top-level PGA/LPGA golfers (incl: Ariya and Kiradech).

Boon Rawd Brewery owner Santi Bhirombhakdi had offered to fly them (the golfers) back on a private jet

The families of these students worked the PM hard for their return.

I haven't heard of any other re-patriation flights (from the U.S. to Thailand) since.

All had to pre-quarantine for 14 days, have a fit-to-fly cert and then quarantine for 14 days on arrival here, it was reported.

24 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I haven't heard of any other re-patriation flights (from the U.S. to Thailand) since.

There have been some. The last one I can recall was a group that flew to Japan and connected to a repatriation flight from there.

There may of been some via europe as well. 

I understand people want back to Thailand but if someone ask me... Right now people who are in Europe or USA why you dont enjoy this time when is warm weather until september or beggining of october in there?Anyway now is rainy season and mostly the weather is not so good plus musqito season is out already. As far as i am concerned i will spend summer in Europe try to make booking for around sept, oct when things calm down... Just my 5 cents. 

I register my trips with state.gov and then receive information about things/events taking place that affect Americans in Thailand. I am not in Thailand presently, so I've just been glancing at them and deleting. I didn't register my departure date, so that's why I am still receiving the notices every day, or so. I know they have been mentioning repatriation flights recently and if you were to register your trip with them I think you could get your info on the next bulletin. They also give phone numbers. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been some. The last one I can recall was a group that flew to Japan and connected to a repatriation flight from there.

There may of been some via europe as well. 

The Nation has been reporting on every repatriation flight since they started. 

4 hours ago, NB1986 said:

I understand people want back to Thailand but if someone ask me... Right now people who are in Europe or USA why you dont enjoy this time when is warm weather until september or beggining of october in there?Anyway now is rainy season and mostly the weather is not so good plus musqito season is out already. As far as i am concerned i will spend summer in Europe try to make booking for around sept, oct when things calm down... Just my 5 cents. 

Why dont you try to stay months in a country like the U.S at the moment.This is simply thai people that want to go home to thailand.No joyride.

Our daughter that was on school exchange in the US was repatriated nearly two weeks ago. You need to contact the Thai embassy in Washington DC who are coordinating all the repatriations. They will provide a day / flight number for an airline, who you have to contact and confirm/pay for the ticket. You will need a signed “fit to fly” Certificate No more than 72 hours old at check in  ( Form available from the Thai embassy). I would start by sending an e mail to the embassy. Once you are in the system it should happen.

On return to Thailand the individual will be put in state quarantine for 14 days.

Hope this helps.

51 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Our daughter that was on school exchange in the US was repatriated nearly two weeks ago. You need to contact the Thai embassy in Washington DC who are coordinating all the repatriations. They will provide a day / flight number for an airline, who you have to contact and confirm/pay for the ticket. You will need a signed “fit to fly” Certificate No more than 72 hours old at check in  ( Form available from the Thai embassy). I would start by sending an e mail to the embassy. Once you are in the system it should happen.

On return to Thailand the individual will be put in state quarantine for 14 days.

Hope this helps.

This is correct. I am aware of one repatriation from the US. The person obtained the fit-to-fly certificate and coordinated with the Thai consulate in the US. The consulate told her to book a specific flight from Seoul to Bangkok on a specific day. The US to Seoul leg could be booked on any flight on any airline and no coordination with the consulate was needed for that leg. The person in question landed at Suvarnabhumi about a week ago and although she normally lives with her family in Bangkok is now in quarantine in a hotel in Pattaya.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

10 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

I know KLM and Eva is flying from europe to Bangkok.Amsterdam have no restrictions.

Not so sure about that.  I just did a search for a one way, economy flight with EVA and there are no flights available from LHR until the end of June (all passenger flights suspended until 30 June).  In July there are flights on a few days, but if the suspension is extended, those flights will likely be stopped.  

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

My 1st question to the OP is "are you a Thai citizen"? If not, no way you will be able to come to Thailand.

The request for a "repatriation" flight would indicate to me that the OP is Thai or asking on behalf of one.

Edited by treetops