Air Asia Refunds Process on Co19 Cancelled Flights

denis911

Has anyone else on here, had the despicable treatment that Air Asia are dealing out to customers, that have had their "paid for" flights/tickets cancelled due to Co19, no phone number, just an automated "BOT" that takes you round and round in circles. I have now received a message saying that they have now moved the goal posts from 30 working days to 90 working days (best part of 4 months) just to "review" claims, let alone get the refund. Regards and "Keep Safe'

• Like 1

I had 5 flights booked for April around Borneo and 23/03 filed for credit - no refund option - using the online AVA function. To date I have 4 flights fully credited but no sign of the 5th yet. Credit is good for one year.

3 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

I had 5 flights booked for April around Borneo and 23/03 filed for credit - no refund option - using the online AVA function. To date I have 4 flights fully credited but no sign of the 5th yet. Credit is good for one year.

4 flights cancelled, also filed for credit on 23/03

Nothing ............

1 minute ago, Mahseer said:

Well done, I have been taken round in circles because I  booked with an agent not direct, contact the agent and told all Co19 claims have to be made direct to Air Asia which I did via the "BOT" on 11th March. told now by agent to wait the 16 weeks and recontact the airline.  Regards.

12 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

But when booking you have to pay immediately otherwise you will lose the special offer.... 

???????? was not "special offer" full price tickets, via a travel agent, so why this post ?????

one does not have to be blind freddy to see what all the airlines are doing regarding giving back refunds ....

They have xxxx cash to keep the business afloat ... pay wages, landing taxes, airport fees etc ...

They are going to push refunds back until the end as they want cash on hand ...

do you really think they will pay your refund before they pay wages or landing fees or daily running costs ?

what do you think the financial controller has told call centre and accounts staff to do ....  i am sure it would have been something like this ' as we need to seriously control our current costs, please refrain from paying out refunds until further notice ....   

Waiting 60 days already....just continues to say "In progress Under investigation"......i hope they realize I will not purchase any new tickets until old tickets are refunded. They are flat broke apparently.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, denis911 said:

let alone get the refund

I booked round trip to China for business class with Air Canada at $3,000 in advance. 

By the time close to fly the price was about $7,000. 

I saved $4,000 by booking early in advance. 

COVID. No refund but credit for two years. 

Now I completely lost interest in going to China. 

It ends up saving another $4,000 for all the expense for staying in China if I go. 

So total saving is $8,000. 

Saving money is not that hard if you know how to figure out to do. 

That's how I look at it. 

Too many of these domestic and international airlines are booking flights then canceling.

Bogus excuses some saying 60 days to get a refund.  Seems kind of unethical.  They are making money while keeping your money or paying bills.  In fact currently seems like a potential version of a ponzi scheme.

Then on the refunds.  It is like the retailers and their gift cards.  It is estimated that 25% of gift cards are never used. Billions of dollars worth. So, I bet many people do not use their airline credits for one reason or another it is then free money for the airlines.  

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

4 flights cancelled, also filed for credit on 23/03

Nothing ............

Can you see the request for credits listed? Log in/My Account/My Cases? If so the credits on the way if not you might want to file again.

Good luck

Just now, Mahseer said:

Can you see the request for credits listed? Log in/My Account/My Cases? If so the credits on the way if not you might want to file again.

Good luck

It's listed and the status is 'reply received' ..... whatever that means.

Betrayed feel completely betrayed by this airline.
Been waiting for months for something, anything from Airasia since they canceled my flight. AVA please! What a joke around and around with absolutely no result no return contact, nothing. BIG Loyalty Program member for years? Nothing more than a farce. I've been a long time user of this airline, 24 flights alone in the past couple of years but never again, Scoot/Jetstar in future for me. Do not use this airline

• Like 2

Had two trips booked, both Bangkok-Sydney-Wellington and return, booked direct online with SingaporeAirlines for April and October.

April flight fares have been refunded in full, money received 14 days after the date of cancelled return flight. 

October - I left 'as is' for now but have option to transfer at no extra fee, or apply for refund if flights still not an option at that time.

In the circumstances, about as good as we could expect

21 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Good luck

Hi. Unfortunately because I used a travel agent and 'they' instigated the refund/credit note/voucher request, I cannot log into your suggested links using 'my' email address and PNR. The agent is based in HK and now saying 90 working days, so not sure if it is a scam by the agent or Air Asia using delaying tactics, oh well tomorrows another day. Just thought I would ask?

i booked two flights with Nok Air about 15th April after a few phone calls i accepted a change/voucher

whatever, as the flights had by then increased by 50% and they re-booked us at no extra charges /fee's

so not to bad.

Thai lion Air cancelled the flights we had booked and as i would not accept their new flights they then said i had canceled the flights, next it was i had booked via a travel agency ? (i booked online via TLA their online site ?) they have not answered the phone for weeks so i am expecting to have missed their deadline for a refund ,as they have tried every other trick up to now , the credit card i booked with as always is UK Mastercard, so i am hoping they reclaim the full amount. but taking their time this time.

last time full refund inside 7 days from Qatar.    

40 minutes ago, denis911 said:

Hi. Unfortunately because I used a travel agent and 'they' instigated the refund/credit note/voucher request, I cannot log into your suggested links using 'my' email address and PNR. The agent is based in HK and now saying 90 working days, so not sure if it is a scam by the agent or Air Asia using delaying tactics, oh well tomorrows another day. Just thought I would ask?

To log in as I suggested you need to be an Air Asia member which is free and their app is to me the best way to book but you do need a credit card. 

They we're quoting 30 days to process the credit in April but that was with flights booked directly with AA but the last I received dated 04 May stated 15 days and the booking in question actually did clear within that time.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got cancellation notice AirAsia HHQ to KUL international flight for 1st July. 

This is the second time a flight has been cancelled, same departure & destination, the first time on 6th April. All due to covid19.

No cash refund option available, only credit acct. or change of flight.

Opted for the credit acct.

• Applied via AVA option, on-line on 5th April to credit the first cancelled flight
  • Received email on 14th April from AirAsia stating the procedure is in progress
  • Received email on !6th April that account has been credited successfully
  • Received email on 6th June that the validity of the credit account has been extended to 2 years.

• I've  applied today for this second flight credit
  • Will inform here when the credit received

Edited by McArie

On 6/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, McArie said:

Just got cancellation notice AirAsia HHQ to KUL international flight for 1st July. 

This is the second time a flight has been cancelled, same departure & destination, the first time on 6th April. All due to covid19.

No cash refund option available, only credit acct. or change of flight.

Opted for the credit acct.

• Applied via AVA option, on-line on 5th April to credit the first cancelled flight
  • Received email on 14th April from AirAsia stating the procedure is in progress
  • Received email on !6th April that account has been credited successfully
  • Received email on 6th June that the validity of the credit account has been extended to 2 years.

• I've  applied today for this second flight credit
  • Will inform here when the credit received

Just an update, really:

• 17th June applied on-line for credits to my AirAsia account (as per above post).
  • 22nd June my account credited - validity of the credited amount=2 years (but the flights booked could be beyond 2 years)

• 9 months later...