How Much Do You Pay For Electricity Per Month?

How much do you pay for electricity per month?  

974 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2ps worth. I'm out in the sticks. I use aircon for about 2 months/pa in the bedroom. i.e. at night. The rest if the year I am comfortable with the fan. We have a 100 watt pump running all day for our goldfish pond, PC on 15 hours 2 fridges + tv andwashing m/c. We pump water into the house. The aircon adds about 500 baht per month to our bull. Thebill varies depending on aircon useage from 1000-1500 p/m

• 4 weeks later...

I own an Gaming Cafe and have 22 computers that run on average 8-10 hours per computer a day. We are open 9am-12pm. I run aircon usually 12pm-10:30pm everyday. I usually pay 6800-7000baht per month. Which I think is pretty resonable. My house I use aircon all night every night and have 2 frigdes, 3 computers, TV, Fans, water pumps, lights which all run at least once or twice a day and I pay 1800 baht per month.

• 5 weeks later...

After reading this thread top to bottom, I'm still trying to guess what I might pay for electric on my condo under construction. It is 56sqm and has 3 AC. Obviously AC makes all the difference. I suspect one will be on at night for 8 hours and one will be on in the evening for 4 hours. Other than that, fridge, washer, the usual assortment. Is 2,000 a month a reasonable amount to expect to pay for that? The electric will be billed direct so I can pay anywhere.

Edited by JeffCA

After reading this thread top to bottom, I'm still trying to guess what I might pay for electric on my condo under construction. It is 56sqm and has 3 AC. Obviously AC makes all the difference. I suspect one will be on at night for 8 hours and one will be on in the evening for 4 hours. Other than that, fridge, washer, the usual assortment. Is 2,000 a month a reasonable amount to expect to pay for that? The electric will be billed direct so I can pay anywhere.

when aircons are "on" they don't necessarily consume much electricity if only the fan of the inside unit is running. it all depends what inside temperature you want to achieve and of course at the same time the ambient outside temperature and the surrounding rooms of your neighbours, all added are the basis for heat transmission to your condo. if you want to achieve a low inside temperature of let's say 24ºC you most probably have to calculate that the energy consuming compressor is running 100% of the time. a standard aircon, capacity 13,000 btu will consume 1.1kWh = approximately 4 baht and therefore cost you around 1,400-1,500 Baht monthly when running 12 hours a day. energy consumption goes down a lot if your desired inside temperature is ~26-27ºC instead of the said 24ºC.

• 2 months later...

My condo is about that size. I have a fairly new efficient unit for the bedroom and the original unit in the living area. The bedroom unit runs an average of maybe 12 hours a day because my computer and desk are also in the bedroom. The main unit only runs when I have company. My bill is normally less than 2,000 baht. Maybe on average about 1,600 a month. I also have a large refrigerator, electric stove, microwave and a washing machine.

The bedroom unit runs an average of maybe 12 hours a day.... The main unit only runs when... My bill is normally less than...

AAAARRRRGHHH Gary !!! :o my piece of string is shorter than the piece of string of the chap who lives opposite our house. but somehow i have the feeling that the neighbour to our right has a much longer piece of string. is this the reason why my water bill (since now two years) is monthly 246 Baht and 50 Satang but i never got a drop of city water in my tanks?

The bedroom unit runs an average of maybe 12 hours a day.... The main unit only runs when... My bill is normally less than...

AAAARRRRGHHH Gary !!! :o my piece of string is shorter than the piece of string of the chap who lives opposite our house. but somehow i have the feeling that the neighbour to our right has a much longer piece of string. is this the reason why my water bill (since now two years) is monthly 246 Baht and 50 Satang but i never got a drop of city water in my tanks?

Maybe you should check your water meter. As far as I know there should be no electricity connected to that meter. :D

Up country, 246 baht would buy us 82,000 liters of water. We recently had a problem with our water meter and the last bill was a minus number. They didn't pay us. The village repairman reversed the meter when he put it back in. Maybe you should consider having our village repairman service your meter.

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been stated somewhere in this 15 page topic but has anyone that is trying to know what they pay for electrics actually read their meter and done some simple calculating based on a average of about 3.30 baht per unit? I have a simple xls sheet that I have tracked my usage at both of my rentals since 2 plus years and I know almost to the unit what to expect for usage and within 10 baht on each monthly invoice. I know how many kw my air cons use versus not using them and if my budget is tight I know how many hours i can use the air or not,,,,,,,,,leran to read your meter and figure it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all of us pay about the same rates for residential use,,,,,,,,,give or take a few baht unless you have 3 phase or something unique,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you live in a condo or rent a place you may pay an upcharge to the condo or house owner,,,,,,,,,,but if you get the actual PEA invoice you should know exactly what you usage and fees are for the month,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by longball53098

My bill for the last month was 2100Baht for a 255m2 condo. Use the air at night but don't normally use itduring the day as we have a nice breeze most of the time. We do have a lot of lights (80+) and my wife keeps telling me to turn them off when I leave a room. I usually don't because I may be back in there before long and would have to turn them on again. It is that constant on and off that causes the bulb to burn out. :o

So I would say for a 56m2 condo you should be pretty safe budgeting 2,000B for your electric bill, might even have enough left for a beer or 2.

I'm amazed at the number of people who run air-cons during the night! I put the air-con on in the bedroom for about one hour before I go to bed, and then have a fan running during the night. I'd be too cold with the air-con blowing on me.

I'm amazed at the number of people who run air-cons during the night! I put the air-con on in the bedroom for about one hour before I go to bed, and then have a fan running during the night. I'd be too cold with the air-con blowing on me.

i'm amazed at the number of people who run fans at any time of the day! :o

I turn the Blades of my Aircon so the air does NOT BLOW on me.

I also adjust the Temp so I will NOT be too cold.

But I get MUCH Better Deeper Longer sleep under a Blanket

in Air Con rather than a Fan or or breeze from an open window.

Bill

Bill

me too...I wonder if this is a western thing as most of us falangs grew up in more temperate places where people usually cover themselves for warmth when sleeping. I usually sleep best under the covers with the A/C at full blast, good for staying awake during the day...but it don't matter when I'm at home in Thailand as I don't haveta go to work and can sleep any time I want... :o

• 1 month later...

Bill

I hear that... I also sleep better under a blanket. I moved to a top sheet, which is not an easy task as they dont sell them everywhere. Nice thread count top sheet and I still get the deep sleep but can raise the temp and thus cut back on the electric bill.

Bill

I hear that... I also sleep better under a blanket. I moved to a top sheet, which is not an easy task as they dont sell them everywhere. Nice thread count top sheet and I still get the deep sleep but can raise the temp and thus cut back on the electric bill.

Hi Swain

Yes - I had that problem - finding Top Sheets

But one Shopping Mall Chain has 50% discounts on a Number of Makes just now

That actually have Top Sheets that MATCH bottom Fitted Sheets

- in King Size anyway -

And the Top Sheets have VERY generous proportions ...

But I sleep much better under a Top Sheet PLUS Blanket at 24C than without a Blanket at 26C !!!! haha

Bill

Edited by WilliamIV

• 2 weeks later...

You lot are paying way to much!

My first full months bill for my house cost 944 baht (290 units)

We have fans on all days and run 1 aircon at night for 12 hours. fridge, computers, dvd, etc etc.

In bkk if that matters

Edited by tomuk76

Is electricity measured the same in all countries? I ask cuz I'm in Japan and this month it's as hot as Thailand, I'd be curious at how my bill here compares to there.

And isn't it strange that the two most popular votes are 1000 to 1500 and then 4500+

Is electricity measured the same in all countries? I ask cuz I'm in Japan and this month it's as hot as Thailand, I'd be curious at how my bill here compares to there.

And isn't it strange that the two most popular votes are 1000 to 1500 and then 4500+

Most countries use the same system, charging per kWh. In Thailand the rate is about 4 Baht per kWh.

1000 to 1500 means you use aircon in the bedroom when you sleep.

4500+ means you use aircon all day. Most people probably fit in one of these two categories so not so strange.

My bills for my new place just seem too high. 3500 last month and about 3000 this month.

This is direct electricity, there is no middleman serviced apartment collecting a profit.

I run 1 air whenever I'm around. Probably 15-20 hours a day. My gf watches tv with a fan in another room, I have the radio on, and I'm on the computer almost all the time.

I had a place at Surasak with the inflated utility prices where I had a similar electricity use pattern and the price was in the 2000 range per month.

About how much do you pay per month for electricity? And what sort of use do you have?

minimal use of a/c in bedrom only,internet,fan24/7 have gas for cooker........about 550 pm on 3baht per kw.

when hot weather like now use fan in bedroom 8-10hr per nite.............about 990-1100 pm.

It's about time that this now inane thread be shut down. Really, the prices of electricity since the thread started compared to the current prices, are not the same.

Don't people have better things to do with there time than add current comments to a very old poll? The poll results are virtually worthless.

Edited by elkangorito

• 2 months later...

Received our second electricity bill today, over 21 k... that's 21% of our rent, pretty steep. Wonder if we should expect that much at 6TBH per unit , for a 200sqm apartment including balconies, 6m high under ceiling in the living room,aircon switched on full time with temperatures set between 23 to 25, and sometimes less in the baby's room. More than I expected anyway, will encourage me even more to head back to Sathorn in an all inclusive serviced apartment deal...