How Much Do You Pay For Electricity Per Month?

How much do you pay for electricity per month?  

974 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay about 850 per month, 75 square meters/2 rooms, tv, fans, computer. fridge, cooking, hot water, etc., without running aircon. Don't even know the per unit rate.

Ditto! Some months 600 bht. And this is including WATER. Oh, I am in Udon Thani. :o

I pay about 850 per month, 75 square meters/2 rooms, tv, fans, computer. fridge, cooking, hot water, etc., without running aircon. Don't even know the per unit rate.

Ditto! Some months 600 bht. And this is including WATER. Oh, I am in Udon Thani. :o

you must be all on solar energy... isn't it? :D

January : 8,400 Baht (the highest yet)

February: 5,700 Baht (the lowest yet)

It usually runs between 6,500 and 7,500Baht per month.

Very large,. two storey house on a rai of land. 4 a/c'd bedrooms; 2 non a/c bedrooms in the annex; 4 fridges; swimming pool; fish pond with illuminated water fall; many external garden lights; ceiling fans; 4 T.V.s; pumps for house water, sprinkler system and water features (2); 3 computers, a/c'd office; elect front gates. Can't think of anything else.

I usually only one run a/c at night in the master bedroom, and another in the office from around 11 a.m. till early evening. But I had a lot of visitors over Xmas/ New year and all the bedroom a/c's were running at night.

I have my own meter and pay dierctly to the elect board.

jan: 6.750

feb: 4.000 (was out of the country for two weeks)

estimated average (have presently only 7 months data) ~100 kWh/day @ 4.02 baht = ~12.000 baht per month.

• 3 weeks later...

jan: 6.750

feb: 4.000 (was out of the country for two weeks)

estimated average (have presently only 7 months data) ~100 kWh/day @ 4.02 baht = ~12.000 baht per month.

Not many of us live in a huge mansion. :o

Not many of us live in a huge mansion. :o

Gary,

it's not airconditioning only that pushes up my consumption. as we were abroad and granted the housemaid leave i got a good idea how much electricity is used up by other gadgets like two big fridges, outside lighting, pool pump, pond waterfall and pond filter pump. of course there was no inside lighting, no TVs and no computers. still the approximate daily consumption was around 22 kWh.

yes, i have a rather big home but the afore-mentioned consumption would have also applied if the home was considerably smaller.

what puzzles me in this thread are postings such as "have 2 A/Cs, run one all night, the others only some hours a day, two-bedroom flat 78.5m², etc., etc."

hardly anybody mentions what room temperatures they are trying to achieve respectively on which settings they have the termostat. i can run a dozen A/Cs 24 hours a day with the setting on 32ºC during the cooler season and my power consumption is lower than somebody running a single A/C with the thermostat set on 22ºC.

what puzzles me in this thread are postings such as "have 2 A/Cs, run one all night, the others only some hours a day, two-bedroom flat 78.5m², etc., etc."

hardly anybody mentions what room temperatures they are trying to achieve respectively on which settings they have the termostat. i can run a dozen A/Cs 24 hours a day with the setting on 32ºC during the cooler season and my power consumption is lower than somebody running a single A/C with the thermostat set on 22ºC.

The cost for running my bedroom air conditioner is probably very little. I turn it on and set it on 25 about a half hour before I go to bed. It always gets cooler than that outside at night so after the days heat is gone the unit idles and the fan costs very little to run. I expect my big refrigerator is the biggest user. The small refrigerator is seldom opened so it doesn't cost much to run.

My friend with the villa paid 5,585 this month and I know he seldom runs the air so most of that would be refrigerators and his pool filters.

In our house for many years- it's been 300B or so- now its recently jumped up to 900B-the highest yet!

the house 1400 sq. foot. sea and fan cooled, oceanfront, no need for air-con.

my water bill runs 10 -15 baht a month- (reservoir on the hill)

I turn it on and set it on 25 about a half hour before I go to bed. It always gets cooler than that outside at night so after the days heat is gone

i wish i was living in your area Gary. in the Pattaya area 25º or below is available only a couple of weeks a year. :o

After reading this thread and checking my own consumption over 2 years my "rule of thumb" is that an aircon(set at 23-26 degree) of average size running 12 hours a day(mostly night) will cost about 1500-2000 Baht per aircon. Naturally it will fluctuate depending on out side temp so this time of year(hot!) expect the high end as the aircon works harder.

So thaigene; your consumption with 2 aircons at night sounds right(with the addition coming from other consumption).

Cheers!

I am running two holiday homes in Samui, both two A/C. The electricity bill is a bit difficult to read, further infos at electricitiy tariffs

But at my experiences the costs for electricity is in average 4 Bahts/unit, including VAT and whatever.

For a lessee it is very commun to pay 12-14 Bahts/unit. Reason: Or the landlords have no idea or they like to overcharge.

Cheers from Samui,

Claude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Around 1100. Studio apartment with the a/c on only when sleeping 10pm-6am. TV, Laptop, Fridge and hot water. Pay 5baht per unit.

Live on the top floor, so the place turns into an oven even when its not that hot outside, so a/c on almost every night.

Bit strange though, moved into the place mid month and saw the bill, after a full month, compared bills. Figured that the bill for 1month would 2x the 1/2 month bill. Nope was only 1.5x of the half month. Why??? same with water. Also checked the meter with everything off except fridge sometimes it doesnt move, others its spinning. Starting to wonder if they running the hall lights off the meters, if my neighbours......

if your paying too much I hope you dont get upset, do something about it if possible.

4000 baht/month ( 1050 units )

6 people, 3 bed bungalow. Air con each bed room 9000btu all used at night 12 hours.

4 tv,computer, 2 fridge, elecric hot showers, washing machine 3 fans on all day, electric kettle, microwave, rice cooker etc, water pump.

Water 300baht ( 10 bt m3)

Replacing oversized (12000 BTU ) bedroom aircons has resulted in a saving of approx 700bt month.

In Buriram Province we pay 1100 to 1860 baht per month to the Provincial Electric Authority on a Two bedroom single story rental. Each bedroom has an air conditioner, the maid runs the front load washing machine and Siemens dishwasher every day. We changed all light bulbs to florescent and have the air conditioners cleaned by an appliance store twice a year for 400 baht each. Four people, one TV, the usual rice cooker and electric shower heater.

I am paying between 5000 and 7000 baht per month. I asked my Thai neighbor what he pays and he says his is 8000 baht per month. Th funny thing is when I pay my bill at 7 Eleven the person helping me will call the other emplyees over and they all look at me and my bill in amazement.

I am paying between 5000 and 7000 baht per month. I asked my Thai neighbor what he pays and he says his is 8000 baht per month. Th funny thing is when I pay my bill at 7 Eleven the person helping me will call the other emplyees over and they all look at me and my bill in amazement.

that's what my wife is telling me when she pays our electricity bill.

My bills for my new place just seem too high. 3500 last month and about 3000 this month.

This is direct electricity, there is no middleman serviced apartment collecting a profit.

I run 1 air whenever I'm around. Probably 15-20 hours a day. My gf watches tv with a fan in another room, I have the radio on, and I'm on the computer almost all the time.

I had a place at Surasak with the inflated utility prices where I had a similar electricity use pattern and the price was in the 2000 range per month.

About how much do you pay per month for electricity? And what sort of use do you have?

We are getting an awesome deal in Pattaya right now last month our electricity went from 1350 baht down to 323 baht, this month it will be better. looked at the meter & it is stuck on the same numbers at the close of the billing cycle .......looks like a 1 & 1/2 month rebate to me. I am sure they will figure it out this or next billing cycle, but Thailand is a little slow- they took 3 months to fix our dead water meter!

Edited by Beardog

Does anybody know how the price per kWh has changed during the last years?

One advice:

If you live in your own house or if you rent for a couple of years and you run an aircon you have to insulate the suspended ceiling. We used 3 inch thick material, about 150 B/m², we never need the aircon anymore. In the evening we open up every window to let the warmer air flow out.

Cheers, Claude

In the evening we open up every window to let the warmer air flow out.

Cheers, Claude

what if the air outside is warmer than the one inside? :o

Did this ever happen to you? So keep the windows open and open the fans.

Everybody is talking about green house effects, but in Thailand they built up houses without any insulation, the discussion is just about "What size of aircon I have to buy and is 5.000 bahts for electricity bill is okay?".

This is ridicolous.

Cheers, Claude

Everybody is talking about green house effects, but in Thailand they built up houses without any insulation, the discussion is just about "What size of aircon I have to buy and is 5.000 bahts for electricity bill is okay?".

This is ridicolous.

it happened and still happens to me 355 out of 365 days a year in Thailand.

Cheers, Claude

This is ridicolous.

it happened and still happens to me 355 out of 365 days a year in Thailand.

Sorry, I forget you are the guy who proudly showed his 9000 Bahts electricity bill. You will not be able to understand my arguments.