'What planet are they on?' No respite for UK's Johnson and aide

snoop1130

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Were any open over Easter during lockdown & if so how do you propose he get there? This eyesight lark is being milked. I took it to mean that his answer was that he wasn't feeling 100% and that he simply flummoxed the reply during a 90 min unprecedented grilling.

In the same circumstances who wouldn't?

EY77zDVWAAAWG4R.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

We don't know if he lied. Most likely he did, and there is also a large truth content in his story. 

The question should be if he broke the guidelines.

The guidelines provide for "reasonable excuse", so was his situation that?

Personally I'd say it falls just short, because his trip would be more of a precautionary measure. As it turned out both his wife and he recovered quickly and there was need to do the whole production he did.

A bit of a metaphor for the UK government's overblown pandemic response, which again turned out to be unnecessary. Just like Cummings entire adventure.

Lying is like putting a bad apple in a barrel of apples you rot all the good ones as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Looks like matey from the buggles ????

Here's his other mate Bungle - getting out of the Range Rover to exercise at Buckingham Palace. You'd think he would wear blue but Red Wall heh ! I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him ...almost but nor quite. 

Majority of Conservative supporters believe Dominic Cummings ...

Edited by jimmyswale

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Were any open over Easter during lockdown & if so how do you propose he get there? This eyesight lark is being milked. I took it to mean that his answer was that he wasn't feeling 100% and that he simply flummoxed the reply during a 90 min unprecedented grilling.

In the same circumstances who wouldn't?

He should (and could) have gone to Specsavers ????

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/covid19-care

But you, of course, clearly think that he is to be praised to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread on account of his decision to go on a risky 16-mile drive down the highways and byeways of County Durham for purely eye-testing purposes!

• Like 1

Just now, OJAS said:

But you, of course, clearly think that he is to be praised to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread on account of his decision to go on a risky 16-mile drive down the highways and byeways of County Durham for purely eye-testing purposes!

The cleverest people are sometimes the most stupid. Plus that nonsense was cobbled together in uber fast time without no doubt civil servants to give it a once over before he made it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Had you checked your link before posting you'd understand why your reply has SPECtacularly backfired ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Logosone said:

I thought about this too, I thought it would have made more sense that he was generally unwell and then thought about doing a test drive on account of that. It was very unfortunate that it became drive to test the eye-sight. However this was not the media's fault, this was Cummings himself saying that, he's on record. Here's the excerpt from his full transcript:

"On Sunday 12 April, 15 days after I had first displayed symptoms, I decided to return to work. My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely. We drove for roughly half an hour and ended up on the outskirts of Barnard Castle town. We did not visit the castle. We did not walk around the town. We parked by a river."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-statement-speech-transcript-durham-full-text-read-lockdown-a9531856.html

So it was Cummings who gave eye-sight as a reason for the test drive to Barnard Castle, it was not a media misconstruction.

It does make it look as if he was trying to construct a story that was plausible, after all a plausible reason for not being able to drive would be poor eye-sight. Hence he needed to test drive.

Excessive detail equals lie?

He said "particularly", meaning the eyesight issues were among other issues. 

"My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been."

But I agree he could've done better. 

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Had you checked your link before posting you'd understand why your reply has SPECtacularly backfired ????

Attention to detail is most important and doubly so in a PM !

https://www.bbench.co.uk/single-post/2019/07/20/Boris-Johnsons-distorted-view-of-the-world-is-disturbing

The Churchill Factor was so full of inaccuracies that it quickly got a response from Richard J. Evans, a professor of history at the University of Cambridge. He listed many of the lies and distortions made throughout the book including, for instance, glossing over Churchill’s support for European unity. However, some of the unintended mistakes are arguably worse. For someone claiming to be a historian and who feels educated enough to write a book on Churchill, he makes some claims which are wildly inaccurate.  Notably, he claims that the Germans captured Stalingrad, the city which they famously failed to conquer (losing about 800,000 Axis troops), and which turned the tide of the war against them. This is a mistake so glaring that it is remarkable the book was published as is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You nailed it. 

The salt runs deep on this one ????.

They'll be claiming this is grounds for a Rejoin referendum soon!! ????

Dinnae fas yoursel laddie, we've got Covid-19 to fight. No need to panic yet. 

25 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

He said "particularly", meaning the eyesight issues were among other issues. 

"My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been."

But I agree he could've done better. 

Yes, he should have left the eyesight thing out, even if true.

That the inherent risk of the 'poor eyesight went for a test drive' line was not obvious to him must be due to the time pressure he was under when drafting the statement.

22 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

I’ll make a few points then leave this thread among you lib tards, seeing how you’ve endured a good thrashing of late.

”You only have to read the press” you say. Really, you believe this stuff?

up to you.

”Tory MPs see Cummings as a liability “ Really, you believe Tory MPs now?

up to you.

”a mark of your complete desperation. Many are Brexit supporters “

Read my post properly, I said enemies as well. This makes me desperate?

So Watson, I’ll be Sherlock. You appear to be a re moaning lib tard, in denial of Brexit with a Boris fixation, who reads the Mirror but only if Tory renegades write disapprovingly against Cummings. 

up to you and over and out. 

Yes, I read the press; all of it, left, right and centre. Do I believe what they say? Not always, but when they're all reporting the same facts it's difficult not to!

When an MP expresses an opinion, regardless of their party, I believe that they hold that opinion; even if I disagree with it.

Yes, it is widely known that Cummings' arrogant, abrasive nature has made him enemies, both in the party and amongst Downing Street staff. My obvious point was that, despite desperate attempts by you and others, to convince everyone that this is a plot dreamt up by his Remainer enemies to discredit Cummings, the fact is that it is not just his Remainer enemies in the party who are calling for his resignation; many Brexiteer former supporters of him are as well.

Mirror? No, most of the quotes I have used to support my arguments have come from the Mail and the Telegraph.

A deliberate tactic, I admit. Done to eliminate the argument that my sources are anti Tory, anti Brexit, PC, lefties and so biased. Obviously hasn't worked for you as you seem to think I exclusively read and quote from the Mirror!

Next time, click on the link to discover the source; then you wont make such a fool of yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They really hate Cummings, especially since he put the kybosh on the remainers latest plan.

While both Cummings and Boris were ill incapacitated COVID-19 a bunch of Cummings underlings along with senior civil service employees and the EU negotiating team decided that they would initiate a plan to extend the Brexit transition period beyond December 31st 2020.

As Cummings started to get a bit better he found out about this already well advanced plan and put an immediate end to it.

This was shortly before Cummings recent problems started.

He's an obstruction to the people who want to extend the Brexit transition period indefinitely and they need him out of the way - this is why there's a mass hysteria going on right now.

Nearly all the Conservative MPs who have supported Cummings resignation are elected in 'Remainer' areas and they are all in on the scheme together.

It has failed and they're not happy.

:whistling::coffee1::spam1:

• Haha 1

the arrogant assxxx don't want to apologize and the "I am sorry" words not part of his vocabulary either, the job must be very rewarding for him not to quit,,, still don't understand why BJ backs him, there must be lots of skeletons