'What planet are they on?' No respite for UK's Johnson and aide

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

And you are very handsome and have a lovely voice.

I'm not clutching. Not clutching. No reason to clutch. I'm just trying to make sense of what we were told.

It could be that this rural road is an easier drive, less cars, than a motorway trip to London.

Could be more suitable for a test drive.

Could be that the reason he gave for taking the family out for an afternoon in Castle Barnard was a pack of lies. Don't forget, this was the day before he returned to London.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vogie said:

For once would it be possible for you to reply to a post without your usual patronization.

This may be a huge challenge, but try to stay even remotely in touch with reality.

You do read newspapers/etc don't you?

Why are your posts all written in the style of Citizen Smith and why all this anger all the time.

Citizen smith?you,'re giving him too much credit,i,d have said his co-star Tucker was nearer the mark.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's gone past that now though hasn't it? Why didn't he just say that and say sorry yesterday? Instead he give a prime ministerial press conference, against the rules for SPADs, and continued with more lies.

Do you honestly believe that if Cummings had simply apologised instead of explaining himself, that the pack of media wolves, the remainiacs and the leftwaffe would have just let the story drop? Not a chance! They'd have been screaming for his resignation even louder. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I wouldn't have dragged my kid the length and breadth of the country. I'd have isolated my family in our family home in London and made appropriate provisions there.

I'm guessing your not a highly controversial political advisor who's family home is constantly under threat of attack by angry protestors?  That might just tip the balance if you were. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well eh at least it's not Corbyn. Repeat ad nauseum for the next 4 years as previously Great Britain sinks beneath the waves. Starmer's keeping quiet - this shot show is doing very well on it's own at the moment. Johnson not campaigning any more he's in power with responsibility , a young wife , a baby and a drink habit what could possibly go wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

But it wasn't at the time and isn't now if you regard a bit of heckling and the odd placard as some evil PIRA bombing campaign. Anyway plod could have been summoned to give protection if needed. A whole rancid tissue of lies from start to finish. If you can't stand the heat get out of your 2.5 million 3 story Islington ' sticking it to the elites' kitchen. Farage pouring a bucket of bile on the Dom now on LBC. Go Nigel , go ...

My heart bleeds for him and his £2.5 million house that he has. I remember these houses in the late 80's coming back from Highbury, they were not trendy then and Islington was a cr*p hole. Didn't Blair live in this area too.

4 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

But it wasn't at the time and isn't now if you regard a bit of heckling and the odd placard as some evil PIRA bombing campaign. Anyway plod could have been summoned to give protection if needed. A whole rancid tissue of lies from start to finish. If you can't stand the heat get out of your 2.5 million 3 story Islington ' sticking it to the elites' kitchen. Farage pouring a bucket of bile on the Dom now on LBC. Go Nigel , go ...

So, stay at an address that has been widely publicised on social media and is under threat from protestors, while you and your missus may soon be incapacitated and unable to care for your kid, or go to the family farm with several isolated accommodations, safe from the rabid haters and with two young nieces on hand to take over the care needs? I know which I'd have chosen. 

And if you're a regular LBC listener you'll know Farage has spent the entire Covid 19 crisis whingeing about the government. I think he's missing the attention he used to get. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

My heart bleeds for him and his £2.5 million house that he has. I remember these houses in the late 80's coming back from Highbury, they were not trendy then and Islington was a cr*p hole. Didn't Blair live in this area too.

I think this illustrates part of the problem. A lot of people are more angry that Cummings had the wealth and means to make safer arrangements. Envy is playing a part in this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think this illustrates part of the problem. A lot of people are more angry that Cummings had the wealth and means to make safer arrangements. Envy is playing a part in this. 

I've seen the houses from my days going to Highbury and tbh I don't like them, they are old, no cavity wall insulation and are terraces which I don't like. Don't have garages either, which is not a problem I don't drive.

I wouldn't mind his money, but I'll waste it on hookers, beer and class A 555.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So, stay at an address that has been widely publicised on social media and is under threat from protestors, while you and your missus may soon be incapacitated and unable to care for your kid, or go to the family farm with several isolated accommodations, safe from the rabid haters and with two young nieces on hand to take over the care needs? I know which I'd have chosen. 

And if you're a regular LBC listener you'll know Farage has spent the entire Covid 19 crisis whingeing about the government. I think he's missing the attention he used to get. 

Of course the elites get to choose, flout the rules and stay in post. That what elites do - the plebs and elderly in care homes and the rest of the decent British population die or rot in their sad little holes whilst worrying if their job will still be there in a couple of months. Oh and you're not the most senior advisor to the PM no one cares what you do or not do. 

Edited by jimmyswale
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Could be that the reason he gave for taking the family out for an afternoon in Castle Barnard was a pack of lies. Don't forget, this was the day before he returned to London.

Could be, but don't you think if he went for a full on afternoon in Barnard Castle, as opposed to the outskirts as he said, there would be more than one eye-witness?

If you think about it, he's a prominent personality, people recognise him, he knows he's not supposed to be out and about, so presumably he would not go for a full on afternoon outing in Barnard Castle, lest he be spotted? So his story of being merely on the outskirts actually makes sense.

Just now, Logosone said:

Could be, but don't you think if he went for a full on afternoon in Barnard Castle, as opposed to the outskirts as he said, there would be more than one eye-witness?

If you think about it, he's a prominent personality, people recognise him, he knows he's not supposed to be out and about, so presumably he would not go for a full on afternoon outing in Barnard Castle, lest he be spotted? So his story of being merely on the outskirts actually makes sense.

Th problem with lying and breaking the rules is you get in a whole world of pain. Much easier to be honest and decent. You sleep better as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Matt Hancock just agreed live on TV in front of the nation that they will review all penalties on families travelling for childcare. 

I did watch it and Hancock likes to say incredibly a lot and incredibly in every response, incredible.

8 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What about the eye sight test drive, hardly an essential journey 30 miles there and back. That was a clear breach of the rules and should fined like 14,000 others were.

I believe he was saying the test drive was about the overall impact from the virus, including his eyesight being intermittently weird, but also including other symptoms. The media have decided to label that trip as an eyesight test to make it sound even worse. 

That said, I think there is every chance he bent the truth re the test drive, just to put an end to the witch hunt, and to stop all these amateur detectives like Robin Lees from coming out of the woodwork. We may never know. Personally I don't give a monkeys. 

11 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

Of course the elites get to choose, flout the rules and stay in post. That what elites do - the plebs and elderly in care homes and the rest of the decent British population die or rot in their sad little holes whilst worrying if their job will still be there in a couple of months. Oh and you're not the most senior advisor to the PM no one cares what you do or not do. 

Ok, so for you it's more about wealth envy. Fair enough. 

the false thirst for equality, which is just jealousy in disguise, aka egalitarism, has the potential of bringing down any society. the more stupid the people, the more traction it gets.

Edited by tgw

7 hours ago, jimmyswale said:

Th problem with lying and breaking the rules is you get in a whole world of pain. Much easier to be honest and decent. You sleep better as well. 

We don't know if he lied. Most likely he did, and there is also a large truth content in his story. 

The question should be if he broke the guidelines.

The guidelines provide for "reasonable excuse", so was his situation that?

Personally I'd say it falls just short, because his trip would be more of a precautionary measure. As it turned out both his wife and he recovered quickly and there was need to do the whole production he did.

A bit of a metaphor for the UK government's overblown pandemic response, which again turned out to be unnecessary. Just like Cummings entire adventure.

• Like 1