Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Facts, not excuses but hey if the masks and hand gel make you feel all warm and fuzzy then go right ahead.

I do find it amusing you taking offense to my opinions though.

My hands are tied as to what I would like to write about you and your "opinions".....

Amusing for you yes, that sums your trolling up...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I'am all for meaningful methods to stop the transmission rates of the disease.

While this sounds great and I’m sure you really mean it, I think it’s approaching the problem from the wrong side. I prefer to word it like this:

I’m for all meaningful methods to minimize the deaths and other damages this virus causes, directly and indirectly.

• Like 1

Notice in all the threads that there's never a response from the maskers to  'why didn't you wear masks for flu/cold deaths prior to covid'. I guess those deaths don't count as 'caring'.

Two illnesses statistically very close to each other and one invokes cries of caring and one never did, and still doesn't. Hmm.

Edited by frantick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, frantick said:

Notice in all the threads that there's never a response from the maskers to  'why didn't you wear masks for flu/cold deaths prior to covid'. I guess those deaths don't count as 'caring'.

Two illnesses statistically very close to each other and one invokes cries of caring and one never did, and still doesn't. Hmm.

Except that once we have a vaccine for covid, mask wearing (in Western countries) will likely once again become rare.  In those Asian countries where they have traditionally worn masks when feeling like they might have an illness, that will likely continue

PH

Just now, Phulublub said:

Except that once we have a vaccine for covid, mask wearing (in Western countries) will likely once again become rare.  In those Asian countries where they have traditionally worn masks when feeling like they might have an illness, that will likely continue

PH

Which western countries was mask wearing common or even enforced ?

20 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Why would the maskers stop once a vaccine is ready? There's no 100% effective vaccine for the flu, and absolutely nothing for the common cold. Don't they care? /s

13 minutes ago, frantick said:

Why would the maskers stop once a vaccine is ready? There's no 100% effective vaccine for the flu, and absolutely nothing for the common cold. Don't they care? /s

Because a vaccine will create herd immunity throughout the world and the death of the virus or as good as. If your confused on that read up

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, frantick said:

I don't know.  Why don't you ask them?  I live in Asia, where it has been common for a long time - and I do not see that changing.

PH

1 hour ago, frantick said:

The mask wearing will go on and on for years and years because the vaccine will not be 100% effective so to cover the gap the masks will be required for a looooooong time......And the sheep love the masks anyway so people will gladly keep wearing the masks.....

And the anti maskers will keep not wearing the masks same as always....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, frantick said:

They are not close, reg flu has never killled over 100,000 people in the USA and still climbing.

Global coronavirus cases surpass 6 million

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/global-coronavirus-cases-surpass-6-million/ar-BB14OB1d?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Thus flattening the curve not only prolongs the Virus, but prolongs the risk for our elderly.

Had you been paying attention you may also have been aware, that for some countries, flattening the curve also meant allowing the medical facilities to cope. Had they been overwhelmed the loss of life was expected to be higher. 

There are many full time critics, they abound, but plans had to be made in advance. 

On 5/31/2020 at 12:43 AM, transam said:

Are folk still dying from the 1918/9 flu that killed 50,000,000 in 2 years......?

I'm guessing not, but has that virus disappeared, or has it been killed?  

Are you suggesting the human species will develop immunity to viruss such as HIV, Hepatitis, and Corona Virus, just to mention a few?  It's possible, but how many millions must die, and over what period of time, for you to throw Charles Darwin's theory at it?

How many would the Spanish Flu have killed if governments did what they are doing today, back in 1918? 

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I'm guessing not, but has that virus disappeared, or has it been killed?  

Are you suggesting the human species will develop immunity to viruss such as HIV, Hepatitis, and Corona Virus, just to mention a few?  It's possible, but how many millions must die, and over what period of time, for you to throw Charles Darwin's theory at it?

How many would the Spanish Flu have killed if governments did what they are doing today, back in 1918? 

Who knows.....????

On 5/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, Don Mega said:

Some of the cloth masks may be (not are) effective.

Its feel good talk, if they were effective the article would say so.

Wearing surgical mask may reduce COVID-19 infections up to 75%---video

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/videos/wearing-surgical-mask-can-reduce-covid-19-infections-up-to-75percent-report/vp-BB14jA9U

https://time.com/5846288/social-distancing-face-masks-covid/

The study found that medical-grade N95 masks and surgical paper masks used in medical settings offered the best protection, but that self-made cloth masks are still effective for the general public. These data, Shunemann says, support wearing a mask both to reduce the risk of spreading of the virus if you’re infected, and to lower the possibility of becoming infected if you’ve not yet caught the virus.

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/20/wearing-a-face-mask-can-reduce-coronavirus-transmission-by-up-to-75-percent-study-says/

Below is a link to many sites saying new research says face mask can prevent/slow  the spread of Corona Virus.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wearing+surgical+mask+may+reduce+covid-1%3D+9+infections+up+to+75%&rlz=1C1CHBD_enTH881TH881&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l8.70335515j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

lol

fox6now.

cnbc.

dailymail.

venturebeat.

msn.

etc etc etc.

Sounds like real credible places to be seeking medical information from, but hey it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy go right ahead.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

lol

fox6now.

cnbc.

dailymail.

venturebeat.

msn.

etc etc etc.

Sounds like real credible places to be seeking medical information from, but hey it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy go right ahead.

All news sites simply reporting news of testing and results from various labs , the CDC/WHO and Doctors.  Where do you get your information that masks don't work or just your opinion?

Wear facemasks during sex and no kissing too...

https://www.insider.com/wear-face-masks-during-sex-prevent-coronavirus-spread-harvard-study-2020-6

US has found that having sex could spread coronavirus, and recommends that couples take preventative measures in the bedroom — including wearing face masks.

These preventative measures also include showering before and after sex, avoiding kissing, and "cleaning of the physical space with soap or alcohol wipes."

We have 38 pages of mask wearers defending the masks but they all seem to have gone quiet on this latest research showing how important it is to always wear masks and not kiss when having sex to help stop Covid....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

We have 38 pages of mask wearers defending the masks but they all seem to have gone quiet on this latest research showing how important it is to always wear masks and not kiss when having sex to help stop Covid....

Hey chump, most are making an effort because nobody knew how to deal with this one.

You want to be a hero and shun any efforts, up to you, but you are the type that will shout if stuff has "gone" your way and disappear if you were wrong.

The fact is the best scientific brains in the world have been struggling, but the Big Tree knew all along what to do.....Be careful the wheel don't fall off your wagon, eh...????

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 12:31 PM, Don Mega said:

Your putting a lot of faith in hand sanitizer with an unknown alcohol content !

I did skip over the face mask part as my stance on that subject is well covered.

Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis (from 172 observational studies  in  16 countries )

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

https://www.thelancet.com/the-lancet-voice ---  verbal report

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2020/06/two-studies-lancet-eid-journal-on.html

Although their use is nearly universal in Asia during regular flu season and during this pandemic, in the west their use was initially either ridiculed as ineffective or heavily discouraged

This, despite several past studies suggesting that face masks and coverings are likely reasonably effective in reducing respiratory illness. In 2014's Efficacy Of Hand Hygiene Alone Against Influenza Infection, we looked at Dr. Allison Aiello's multi-year study at the University of Michigan that compared the effectiveness of handwashing and facemasks (alone, and in combination) at reducing the spread of seasonal influenza in a college dorm setting.

Professional and Home-Made Face Masks Reduce Exposure to Respiratory Infections among the General Population

Marianne van der Sande , Peter Teunis, Rob Sabel

And for further proof, we only need look at the disparity in COVID-19 cases (and deaths) between western nations which were generally late to adopt face covers, and Asian nations - like Taiwan and South Korea - which heavily promoted (or even required) their use by the public from the beginning. 

Taiwan, which was one of the first countries outside of China to beaffected by COVID-19, today has reported a total of 428 cases, and just 8 deaths. 

Despite this evidence of benefit, I'm seeing growing mask `fatigue' - at least here in central Florida - as more and more people go to the store, or work, without face covers.  I get it, it's hot and muggy here, and masks can quickly become uncomfortable.

Bu today we've two new studies - one in the Lancet and the other in the EID Journal - that suggest that controlling COVID-19's spread without using the full range of NPIs will be both longer and more difficult.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis (from 172 observational studies  in  16 countries )

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

https://www.thelancet.com/the-lancet-voice ---  verbal report

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2020/06/two-studies-lancet-eid-journal-on.html

Although their use is nearly universal in Asia during regular flu season and during this pandemic, in the west their use was initially either ridiculed as ineffective or heavily discouraged

This, despite several past studies suggesting that face masks and coverings are likely reasonably effective in reducing respiratory illness. In 2014's Efficacy Of Hand Hygiene Alone Against Influenza Infection, we looked at Dr. Allison Aiello's multi-year study at the University of Michigan that compared the effectiveness of handwashing and facemasks (alone, and in combination) at reducing the spread of seasonal influenza in a college dorm setting.

Professional and Home-Made Face Masks Reduce Exposure to Respiratory Infections among the General Population

Marianne van der Sande , Peter Teunis, Rob Sabel

And for further proof, we only need look at the disparity in COVID-19 cases (and deaths) between western nations which were generally late to adopt face covers, and Asian nations - like Taiwan and South Korea - which heavily promoted (or even required) their use by the public from the beginning. 

Taiwan, which was one of the first countries outside of China to beaffected by COVID-19, today has reported a total of 428 cases, and just 8 deaths. 

Despite this evidence of benefit, I'm seeing growing mask `fatigue' - at least here in central Florida - as more and more people go to the store, or work, without face covers.  I get it, it's hot and muggy here, and masks can quickly become uncomfortable.

Bu today we've two new studies - one in the Lancet and the other in the EID Journal - that suggest that controlling COVID-19's spread without using the full range of NPIs will be both longer and more difficult.

Well the world renowned, world famous,fabulously intelligent, redwood1 says the masks are dumb.....no studies can ever top this bit of wisdom..

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well the world renowned, world famous,fabulously intelligent, redwood1 says the masks are dumb.....no studies can ever top this bit of wisdom..

Backed up by his source, The Daily Mirror. 

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

We know........????.............????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I haven't gone quiet, perhaps you should though. Now put down your Beano and watch this..

• Like 1