Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

12 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Because fashion and jumping on the bandwagon to make a coin. not because a piece of what ever the current clothing fabric fad covering the face is in any way effective.

Says Doctor Don...............????

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

When you say "the pandemic will finish" do you mean statistically, or, do you mean the virus has been eradicated?  

There's a big difference between eradication, and management, as I alluded to with my example of HIV. 

HIV has not been eradicated, and is still a killer, without medical intervention, and it's not airborne, like Covid-19 is. 

As the use of condoms is a method to stop transmission of HIV, what if masks were proven beyond doubt to significantly increase protection of the community from Covid-19?   

1918/19 flu killed around 50,000,000 people in a short time, are folk still dying from it...? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

"If you think these thin cloth masks that are commonly sold and worn offer any kind of protection then you are delusional."

How does that confirm the statement you made above? ^^

Some of the cloth masks may be (not are) effective.

Its feel good talk, if they were effective the article would say so.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Some of the cloth masks may be (not are) effective.

Its feel good talk, if they were effective the article would say so.

You said it was delusional, its clearly not and your also cherry picking a fairly short and concise statement, but here again it is in its entirety:

"When we apply the principles of evidence-based medicine to public policy, there is high-quality, consistent evidence that many (but not all) cloth masks reduce droplet and aerosol transmission and may be effective in reducing contamination of the environment by any virus, including SARS-CoV-2."

Yes we can all read that its states "but not all" which demonstrates a critical approach to the study. 

100 miles from delusional

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You said it was delusional, its clearly not and your also cherry picking a fairly short and concise statement, but here again it is in its entirety:

"When we apply the principles of evidence-based medicine to public policy, there is high-quality, consistent evidence that many (but not all) cloth masks reduce droplet and aerosol transmission and may be effective in reducing contamination of the environment by any virus, including SARS-CoV-2."

Yes we can all read that its states "but not all" which demonstrates a critical approach to the study. 

100 miles from delusional

Yeah as your post says they are not all effective, thanks for confirming once again.

Less than a 1/3rd of the countries in the world has made mask wearing mandatory... why is that, because unless it is a surgical grade mask it is not effective... then we get into the use of a mask and how often it has the be changed.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Which was my point......If people love the masks wear them wear them and keep wearing them.....Covid will never go away so there will never be a after Covid.....The mask need to be made part of your permanent lifestyle......

And the non mask wears can continue enjoying the freedom of a mask free life like they have for the past 3 months....And they might even consider being called a inconsiderate jerk a badge of honor.....

Covid will never go away, stupid statement. HIV/AIDS was 100% fatal when first came out. It's still around but no longer fatal as athletes like Magjik Johnson can attest. It's treatable and no longer a death sentance but still no cure. They will find a vacine to prevent Covid19 or a treatment to kill it and then things will go back to normal routines.

Coronavirus vaccine ‘99% likely to work and can be given to 100 million people’, Chinese firm claims

https://www.the-sun.com/news/903760/coronavirus-vaccine-china-99-found/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Covid will never go away, stupid statement. HIV/AIDS was 100% fatal when first came out. It's still around but no longer fatal as athletes like Magjik Johnson can attest. It's treatable and no longer a death sentance but still no cure. They will find a vacine to prevent Covid19 or a treatment to kill it and then things will go back to normal routines.

Coronavirus vaccine ‘99% likely to work and can be given to 100 million people’, Chinese firm claims

https://www.the-sun.com/news/903760/coronavirus-vaccine-china-99-found/

Virus mutate.......

Why do you think a new flu shot is needed every year?

There will be covid 19 vaccine 1.0  then 2.0  then 3.0 and so on...And you can take it to the bank that mask wearing will continue year after year..

The only escape from the mask will be to opt out....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Virus mutate.......

Why do you think a new flu shot is needed every year?

There will be covid 19 vaccine 1.0  then 2.0  then 3.0 and so on...And you can take it to the bank that mask wearing will continue year after year..

The only escape from the mask will be to opt out....

Flu is not a coronavirus. To make a comparison you would need another coronavirus example

• Like 1

11 hours ago, transam said:

1918/19 flu killed around 50,000,000 people in a short time, are folk still dying from it...? 

No. 

Are people still dying from HIv - yes. 

Are people still dying from Hepatitis - yes.

Are people still dying from many other viruses - yes.

What's your point?

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

No. 

Are people still dying from HIv - yes. 

Are people still dying from Hepatitis - yes.

Are people still dying from many other viruses - yes.

What's your point?

Are folk still dying from the 1918/9 flu that killed 50,000,000 in 2 years......?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Are folk still dying from the 1918/9 flu that killed 50,000,000 in 2 years......?

Don't think too many folks from that era are still alive so to answer your question... I doubt it.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, webfact said:

The man had stood his ground and said that his rights were being impinged upon.

He didn't get the memo. Under State of Emergency he doesn't have rights. Even in normal times, his rights are few.

14 hours ago, frantick said:

Can you transmit the flu virus to others?

Do people die from the flu?

Can you transmit the common cold?

Do people die from the common cold?

Do you wear a mask for any of these scenarios? No? Shame on you, you could kill someone.

I wear the <deleted> mask in Thailand because it's the law. I actually think 'the maskers' are prolonging the duration of the virus, but no science to back me up.

Plenty of epidemiologists are saying exactly that, the measures to decrease infections, such as the debatable “'maskers' are prolonging the duration of the virus”. And that this prolonging makes it more difficult to protect the elderly. You can keep strict isolation only for so long. Thus flattening the curve not only prolongs the Virus, but prolongs the risk for our elderly.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

He didn't get the memo. Under State of Emergency he doesn't have rights. Even in normal times, his rights are few.

There are always the universal rights of the good citizen remaining:

You have the right to let the government think for you.

You have the right to obey.
So far, at least as far as I can see, no authoritarian regime has taken these away anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Wonder how long till the world goes 100% cashless, Nasty to think the checkout chick could pass me an infected note or coin.

That's what the alcohol hand gel is for Dr....You're learning, slow, but getting there....:thumbsup:

Did you read the bit about face masks too...? 

Were your eyes opened to what you and Logo may be guilty of.......:ohmy:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Wonder how long till the world goes 100% cashless, Nasty to think the checkout chick could pass me an infected note or coin.

So you better pay the nice girl for her happy end service cashless! Don’t be nasty and pass her your infected notes!

Edited by yuyiinthesky

1 minute ago, transam said:

That's what the alcohol hand gel is for Dr....You're learning, slow, but getting there....:thumbsup:

Did you read the bit about face masks too...? 

Were your eyes opened to what you and Logo may be guilty of.......:ohmy:

Your putting a lot of faith in hand sanitizer with an unknown alcohol content !

I did skip over the face mask part as my stance on that subject is well covered.

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems you have a stupid argument for everything being done worldwide to try to get us back on the road to normality, that's expected from the usual culprits here though, because your/their freedom comes first before others health, I would call that pretty selfish or just trolling.....????

I'am all for meaningful methods to stop the transmission rates of the disease.

1. cloth face masks that are not effective (someone already posted the info about that), then there is the issue of how long the mask has been worn, are they being replaced after 4 hours of usage ?

2. hand sanitizer from an unknown source with an unknown alcohol content, Ive seen the small bottles being refilled from large unmarked bottles.

3. Temperature scanning, Ive been scanned from as low as 24 degrees to a high of 48 degrees..... the operator just smiles and lets me on my way when surely the elevated temp should raise red flags.. not to mention at 24 degrees I would be a walking zombie !!

The above 3 points are not what I consider to be  meaningful methods.

Keeping the borders closed on the other hand is very effective.

Edited by Don Mega

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I'am all for meaningful methods to stop the transmission rates of the disease.

1. cloth face masks that are not effective (someone already posted the info about that), then there is the issue of how long the mask has been worn, are they being replaced after 4 hours of usage ?

2. hand sanitizer from an unknown source with an unknown alcohol content, Ive seen the small bottles being refilled from large unmarked bottles.

3. Temperature scanning, Ive been scanned from as low as 24 degrees to a high of 48 degrees..... the operator just smiles and lets me on my way when surely the elevated temp should raise red flags.. not to mention at 24 degrees I would be a walking zombie !!

The above 3 points are not what I consider to be  meaningful methods.

Keeping the borders closed on the other hand is very effective.

1,2 & 3 are just "your" excuses, they are all useless because you think they are, good grief........????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

1,2 & 3 are just "your" excuses, they are all useless because you think they are, good grief........????

Facts, not excuses but hey if the masks and hand gel make you feel all warm and fuzzy then go right ahead.

I do find it amusing you taking offense to my opinions though.

• Like 1