Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

It's actually 5,695,000 cases and 355,688 dead GLOBALLY.

Nope you missed some....

PS They haven't done dying yet, so incomplete numbers.

The trick is not to become one. 

Your line of thought and logic is very flawed.... 

• Like 1

Just now, essox essox said:

even W H O does NOT know if wearing mask helps.....!!

Thailand apparently does, its the law here.

Fauci the US's Covid guru said yesterday that he wears a mask because its effective and urged others to do the same He also stated that hydroxychloroquine has no effect on Covid-19. France has just banned its use for Covid-19.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Samc4 said:

No it’s actually not. The article even acknowledged that. 

Phuket Governor ordered that all residents and travellers in the province (he means ‘everyone’) must wear sanitary face masks in public spaces, at all times. Violators will face up to 20,000 baht fine, the order takes effect from today until further notice. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/phuket-governor-enforces-wearing-of-face-masks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

Just walking around outside I have seen the cops passing me 3 or 4 times and I wasn’t wearing a mask. They never say anything they could care less. I had a motorcycle cop wave at me yesterday in fact. 

wow, when I said you were a rebel before you've now just proved it, cool man..............well done. Do you have a motorbike and not wear a helmet? Or do you have a car and not wear a seat belt to?

10 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

???? I walk past cops all the time without a mask on. 

And depending which province your in Phuket, Chonburi, Ayuthya ect they can if they feel like it arrest you and fine you.

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Please try leaving your room and have a look around Pattaya......There is no shortage of Non mask wearers.......And on the darkside loads are not wearing masks....

No shortage of non helmet wearers but does not make that right. Plenty drive drunk, does not make that right either

4 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

That's the point.
If you are sick, influenza or whatever, then stay home or if you go out, you can wear a mask.
Otherwise, it's not only useless but also not healthy - unless you're in a polluted area and need to protect you from dust and pollution. 

Having the flu you know your sick. Nearly half of COVID sufferers do not know they are sick and show no symptoms, thats why this virus is unique, hence masks

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Having the flu you know your sick. Nearly half of COVID sufferers do not know they are sick and show no symptoms, thats why this virus is unique, hence masks

Up to 80% of COVID-19 Infections Are Asymptomatic, a New Case Report Says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/up-to-80percent-of-covid-19-infections-are-asymptomatic-a-new-case-report-says/ar-BB14GB3y?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

That’s just a news article. He has no authority to make up laws ???? 

It is his province.  He does what he wants.  He was the one who sealed of the Island initially and caused all the people there to be stuck on Phuket until they re-opened the Sarasin Bridge.  Do yourself a favor and try to look at the bigger picture.  In Thailand Masks are being required for BTS, MRT, all Public Transport as well as Malls, Stores and such, either accept it or take a leap and fly the first thing smoking out of here, or join the IDGAF club and pay the fine.  Even runners at Lumpini Park are wearing them, well those few that are removing them are being told to put them back on while running or told to leave the park.  Yes some people are not wearing them, either because they have no money to buy them or like you wish to rebel, but It is not that hard to get with the program. Its a fools errand to constantly try and prove your right or be like another poster does in his continuing diatribe in trying to link an Icelandic study to the rest of the world.  Try to do some of your own research for the different provinces and you will find that some have more stringent rules in place, a few even still have an alcohol ban......

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is not true for more and more of the population, for example all the ones which already went through the infection. Why should they wear a mask?

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

Just walking around outside I have seen the cops passing me 3 or 4 times and I wasn’t wearing a mask. They never say anything they could care less. I had a motorcycle cop wave at me yesterday in fact. 

The wave was the same one they give in Lumpini Park, It means he see's you have no mask and to put one on....It is the wave to get your attention and then the curve of the hand towards his face.......somedays you learn something new.  Have you never had a conversation with a Thai woman who just raises her eyes up or down or just moves her head, she has just answered you in one form or another.  Learn the subtle clues.

5 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

And what happens if the person on the left does _not_ have an infection, like 99.99...9 % of the population in Thailand?

Exactly, nothing happens, no benefit from wearing the masks, just the bad effects.

Feel free to make your own risk assessments on whether you could catch it or whether you could pass it on to others, if you believe the statistics in Thailand then good for you.

But I've heard that argument from somebody else who was comparing a study from Iceland and using it to compare statistics for the rest of the world and failing to take into account hotspot area's, towns and cities. If your in the middle of Issan in a rice field then why wear a mask, if your in a shopping center, market, public transport any high risk then in my view its morally responsible to wear one.

Really depends on how you feel about personal responsibility for you and others.

15 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

This is not true for more and more of the population, for example all the ones which already went through the infection. Why should they wear a mask?

How do you know if you've had it or not? 

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is his province.  He does what he wants.  He was the one who sealed of the Island initially and caused all the people there to be stuck on Phuket until they re-opened the Sarasin Bridge.  Do yourself a favor and try to look at the bigger picture.  In Thailand Masks are being required for BTS, MRT, all Public Transport as well as Malls, Stores and such, either accept it or take a leap and fly the first thing smoking out of here, or join the IDGAF club and pay the fine.  Even runners at Lumpini Park are wearing them, well those few that are removing them are being told to put them back on while running or told to leave the park.  Yes some people are not wearing them, either because they have no money to buy them or like you wish to rebel, but It is not that hard to get with the program. Its a fools errand to constantly try and prove your right or be like another poster does in his continuing diatribe in trying to link an Icelandic study to the rest of the world.  Try to do some of your own research for the different provinces and you will find that some have more stringent rules in place, a few even still have an alcohol ban......

Just try wondering for 1 second why just about every country on earth is pushing this mask thing so hard for a disease that has a 99.98% survival rate.....It all pretty strange.....And makes no sense.......But for the New Normal or New World Order it makes a lot of sense....

• Like 1