Bangkok to Rayong

RyeRye

Hi ya all,

I am planning a weekend trip from Bangkok to Rayong. The route I have in mind leaves Bangkok on the Bang Na Chon Buri Expressway and further down on Sukhumvit Frontage Rd. In Chon Buri I was thinking to take the ocean bridge (just for fun) and heading down towards Pattaya on Sukhumvit Rd. I was planning for a rest stop in one of the restaurants on Map Phrachan lake. After the stop I will continue on Route 36 down to Rayong.

Any ideas for good places for a quick stop around Chonburi without going too far off route? Or any advice what to avoid or recommendations for route alterations?

Thx!

You could not pick a worse route for road works and trucks. Good luck. Avoid Chon Buri like the plague the place is a traffic nightmare, even now.  The 36, from the 331 intersection to Rayong is a mess of road works. Stay on the expressway as long as possible.  You could take the new by pass express way for interest, between Pattaya and Ban Chang and then take the back roads through the Maptaphut Industrial Estate, also for interest, but to avoid the road works and traffic.  No idea of restaurant openings  

• Thanks 1