Government’s 400 billion baht in soft loans may save 6 million Thai jobs – NESDB

webfact

Government’s 400 billion baht in soft loans may save 6 million Thai jobs – NESDB

000_1S91WL.jpg

Passengers wait for their train at a commuter train station at rush hour in Bangkok on May 25, 2020, as Thais continued their return to work following the lifting of restrictions to halt the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Only about a quarter of the 8.4 million Thai workers at risk of losing their jobs, due to COVID-19 related closures, are now expected to be made redundant, thanks to the Government’s 400 billion baht fund, to be used to boost the economy and help small and medium size enterprises, according to the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB).

In its Q1 assessment for this year, the NESDB said the jobs of about 8.4 million workers, especially those related to tourism, are at risk, after COVID-19 wreaked havoc on so many Thai businesses.

Household debt for the fourth quarter of 2019 amounted to 13 trillion baht, but figures for Q1 of this year show a 5% increase, because of the weakening of all types of credit.  The ratio of household debt to GDP is 79.8%, which is the highest for three and a half years.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/governments-400-billion-baht-in-soft-loans-may-save-6-million-thai-jobs-nesdb/

thaipbs.jpg

.....Wow, I just spit out my ice tea through my nose I was laughing so hard at the belief they have....It is truly comical in epic proportions.  However, I applaud their belief the will salvage what they have destroyed.  Did TAT help right the story..  Yes Sarcasm dripping from my words.  As Toby McQuire said "Show me the Money"

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Only about a quarter of the 8.4 million Thai workers at risk of losing their jobs, due to COVID-19 related closures, are now expected to be made redundant, thanks to the Government’s 400 billion baht fund, to be used to boost the economy and help small and medium size enterprises, according to the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB).

Bullshit meter.gif

• Like 1