Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

That's right around the block from the LA Holocaust Musem. Hopefully the rioting is limited to retail shops so we don't get overlapping narratives.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

"Show me the man, I will give you the crime." - Stalin

Reports out of LA that crowds are increasing rapidly. 8 PM curfew.

If there is going to be opposition to our cause, then we will control that opposition-  Lenin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

If there is going to be opposition to our cause, then we will control that opposition-  Lenin

At least no petty politician can keep the idea of shelter in place going. If people can loot they can go to work. We are going to see a bigger divide in wealth equality. #takeoffthemask

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

They would still be there wouldn't they? Economic mobility in America is through the floor. Economic inequality through the roof.

There are many small guys that have done well out of this. 

Edited by Cryingdick

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I won't disagree but it's not anywhere different in Thailand, UK, Europe, Russia, China...

So the point is banal and meaningless

Economic mobility has been tremendous in Europe for 20 or more years. Maybe you just don't like thepeople who became mobilized. To a lesser extent it has reached some people in Thailand, but less associated with comparative advantage than it is to opening new markets.

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, Heppinger said:

When being led away the guy is clearly resisting.  Understand the word "resisting" he is cuffed and being led toward a car that he clearly doesn't want to be placed in, he hinders the process by trying to stop and deviate off course.  Does this mean he deserved to die? Of course not.  But call it as it is, he didn't follow instructions resulting in him being put on the ground, which led to his death.  Why are some black people, while being arrested, able to act like children and still be defended by virtue signalling marxists?  i bet you would have no sympathy had this been a white guy, not that you would have even heard about it.

Here's a " virtue signalling marxist's" take on it:

'A Tennessee police chief had a message for fellow law enforcement: turn in your badge if 'you don't have an issue' with George Floyd's death'

tt.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Why would the chief want to single out the officers that don't take issue with Floyd's death? 

Are these Officers accusing the chief of negligence in overlooking substandard training techniques ultimately contributing to Floyd's death?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I have been trying not to watch news isolating outside the country for 2 months.

So now the story is he died because of drugs and heart problems

not because he had a boot on his neck 8 minutes?

No, that's not the story. That's part of the coroner's findings. The story is that the cop murdered the man by putting his knee on the man's neck. The man would not be dead today were it not for that.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Not that he actually has many (any?) morals but not so sure he should have called for an arrest...in doing so he would enrage and potentially make enemies of his base.  Some of the mindset is here on this thread - white, male, middle to late age, entitled, racist, unthinking - who believe that the "other" is always at fault, and not the man on their own team.  They will dissemble and distract just as their Dear Leader does, trying to pass the buck and all blame and get everyone thinking and talking about anything but the original sin.

PH

What a load of ridiculous nonsense. Are you really this ignorant and arrogant while you spew these stereotypes and insults from your moral preening perspective? 

Unbelievable how you can put a shirt on over the inflated head you have. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:40 AM, Throatwobbler said:

Apparently it was for writing a bad cheque.

No it was for passing a fake 20 dollar bill, but it looks like he was guilty without a fair hearing. To die over 20 dollars there are no words to describe how people are feeling. This death by cop has been going on for a few years now, it was just a matter of time for the lid to blow off.

Edited by moe666
  • Like 2

Lordie, blacks hate whites because they like to kill them with a knee across the throat. Whites hate black because they loot their TVs and stuff. And everyone hates the Asian because they spread the virus. And the original Americans, the natives, are all either drunk or drugged out on their reservations.

Man, am I glad I fled that sh*thole country soon as I could afford to.

Edited by Why Me
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

Amazing scenes, but they'll lose. They make up, what, 12% of the population. Without White or Latino support they're going nowhere, and they've pretty much squandered that. Just feeds into the "rivers of blood" meme. Yeah, I know being Black is difficult. You have the curse of Cain on you before you even start. Just means you have to try harder (the Jews are the classic example of this). Where are the the Black leaders I ask. Somebody should be telling them that violence is a dead end road. You feel better for a while, but then reality returns, and you find out you're still some f#$*ed up person living in a ghetto.

Smart people move out of a bad situation and do away with the thinking that keeps such situations going.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

No it was for passing a fake 20 dollar bill, but it looks like he was guilty without a fair hearing. To die over 20 dollars there are no words to describe how people are feeling. This death by cop has been going on for a few years now, it was just a matter of time for the lid to blow off.

allegedly.  a suspected counterfeit bill, identified as suspect by a minimart clerk.

the story goes he tried to buy something at a convenience store with a $20 bill.  the clerk didn't like the look of the bill, refused to accept it, called the police.  the bill has not been tested for authenticity.

he and two passengers were sitting in a car outside the convenience store when the cops arrived.  park police (not involved i believe) released some footage.  how about the four city cops wearing bodycams - how much of their footage has been released?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

His Lao wife figured this might be an opportune time to scoot and filed to divorce him today.

He could have a Thai wife , then this forum would be on overload..

Cop,  sex tourist , charged with murder ...

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 2