U.S. protests over Minneapolis death rage on amid political finger-pointing

rooster59

35 minutes ago, newnative said:

This is how the police arrest someone for allegedly using counterfeit money in a purchase?  Boggles the mind how they would treat a suspected murderer.  And, they had to change their story once the video came out.  Really, no excuse whatsoever.

It boggles the mind more that you think this is a normal event and that people who used counterfeit money are treated like this even once before. Then you insinuate that a suspected murderer would be treated even more harshly. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

It boggles the mind more that you think this is a normal event and that people who used counterfeit money are treated like this even once before. Then you insinuate that a suspected murderer would be treated even more harshly. 

Perhaps English is not your native language and you didn't grasp my use of sarcasm with my comment on excessive force being used.  (When am I ever going to learn to not use sarcasm because someone will always be along to make a comment similar to yours.)   Of course I don't think this is a 'normal event'.  Good heavens, get real.  I'm grappling, as many, many others are, with how an arrest for a rather minor offense would result in the unnecessary, harsh death of the suspect.  I realize the police have a difficult job and I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt but really, in this case, there is really no excuse and no doubt.  

• Like 2

A post using an unapproved Twitter source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

A troll post and a reply has been removed. 

2 hours ago, samran said:

You might have missed the news that a black man died because a white policeman decided he didn’t need to breath. 

I see 5 people, 4 officers and a victim of their abuse!

Why didn't the other 3 stop it,They all took part in it!

This nitwit with the knee had a history of sickness!

“I’ve seen him in action and I’ve seen him lose it and I’ve called him out on it before,” Maya Santamaria said. “I’ve told him it’s unnecessary and unjustified some of the ways that he behaves. He just loses it.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/30/other-minneapolis-cops-in-george-floyd-case-keep-low-profile/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Think back to the pre-dawn FBI SWAT team (32 strong) raid on poor ole Roger Stone for a simple process lying to feds crime.

Lol. But seriously, Mpls cops will play nice if you cooperate during an arrest but if you present certain behaviors that are uncooperative with an arrest process, all things considered, they will come on strong with force. They don't mess about, in the "cities", (Mpls/St Paul). Unfortunately this cop Chauvin was WAY overboard and 3 other "bros" ignored the pleas of G Floyd and a routine (or not so routine in this case) fraud take down turned deadly.

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

I can't stop thinking of the   repercussions of these  riots

"Activists staged another round of protests on Saturday in at least a dozen major U.S. cities coast to coast, including Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Atlanta, New York and Atlanta".

You can kiss the hard work of Americans efforts in stopping the spread of covid, goodbye. Whats gonna happen to the brick and mortar, ma and pa and retail stores in these cities not to mention the spread by ruthless mobs

I want to see Marshall law imposed,now!

If these cops are acquitted I believe the worst is yet to come, making the recent events look like a barn dance. The propensity to turn into a major meltdown is quite high. Not good.

1 minute ago, Throatwobbler said:

We can only wonder what your response would have been if these were people protesting the lockdown.

You would not have been criticising them for weakening the efforts to stop Covid. You would have been cheering them on as true patriots.

I see your limited thinking. White people protest is good. Black people protest is bad.

Sorry I won't allow you to bait me,nice try

15 hours ago, Tug said:

I had a black lady tennat in one of my rentals she did 40k worth of damage to my house I’ve been wronged by a person of color before at that same location a black family bought the house next to mine a husband wife and 3 kids 1 boy and 2 girls I freaked out I confess lol all the usual bs (to my eternal shame) anyway mom and dad go on vacation as soon as they left the contractors showed up the son surprised his mom with a new kitchen a absolutely lovely family so it can go both ways let’s respect and live peacefully together enough division 

It's not the colour of your skin it's the colour of your heart.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, i84teen said:

If these cops are acquitted I believe the worst is yet to come, making the recent events look like a barn dance. The propensity to turn into a major meltdown is quite high. Not good.

Two of these cops had a record of abuse . The other two so far haven't as reported! All 4 should be treated the same as the  knee man ,a sick guy who was a serial abuser!

https://nypost.com/2020/05/30/other-minneapolis-cops-in-george-floyd-case-keep-low-profile/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kingdong said:

It's not the colour of your skin it's the colour of your heart.

Harkens back to dr kings famous quote please judge me by the content of my caracter not the color of my skin so profoundly true personally I would like to see that applied to all peoples religions and political party’s let’s work towards unity not division enough!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Harkens back to dr kings famous quote please judge me by the content of my caracter not the color of my skin so profoundly true personally I would like to see that applied to all peoples religions and political party’s let’s work towards unity not division enough!

100738888_948291588962342_2233344227545186304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=PG67pNUPOsoAX-zcVIh&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=9f185a8adada7b1e7edb1e16e1deb022&oe=5EF7A671

• Like 2

14 hours ago, newnative said:

Perhaps English is not your native language and you didn't grasp my use of sarcasm with my comment on excessive force being used.  (When am I ever going to learn to not use sarcasm because someone will always be along to make a comment similar to yours.)   Of course I don't think this is a 'normal event'.  Good heavens, get real.  I'm grappling, as many, many others are, with how an arrest for a rather minor offense would result in the unnecessary, harsh death of the suspect.  I realize the police have a difficult job and I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt but really, in this case, there is really no excuse and no doubt.  

English is my native language. And this event too shall pass. Especially if you can turn CNN off. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, i84teen said:

Think back to the pre-dawn FBI SWAT team (32 strong) raid on poor ole Roger Stone for a simple process lying to feds crime.

Lol. But seriously, Mpls cops will play nice if you cooperate during an arrest but if you present certain behaviors that are uncooperative with an arrest process, all things considered, they will come on strong with force. They don't mess about, in the "cities", (Mpls/St Paul). Unfortunately this cop Chauvin was WAY overboard and 3 other "bros" ignored the pleas of G Floyd and a routine (or not so routine in this case) fraud take down turned deadly.

Yes this case OTT. But their are still a lot of snowflakes who think cops should pussy foot and never be harsh with any criminals ever. That’s just complete BS. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Brigand said:

Secondly, the guy that died had recreational drugs in his system according to the coroner's autopsy ... so lots of bets are off here, especially if he had underlying conditions to boot too.

By recreational, I think you mean alcohol. The deli clerk who reported the fake bill said he appeared drunk.

Regardless, I don't get why this is being used as an excuse for the charges against the cop. Yes, you are responsible if you act against someone not taking into consideration their state, resulting in more harm to them or death.

If this was an assault on an old white lady resulting in her death by heart attack, I'm sure these same people would be screaming for the perp to immediately be hanged.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

By recreational, I think you mean alcohol. The deli clerk who reported the fake bill said he appeared drunk.

Regardless, I don't get why this is being used as an excuse for the charges against the cop. Yes, you are responsible if you act against someone not taking into consideration their state, resulting in more harm to them or death.

If this was an assault on an old white lady resulting in her death by heart attack, I'm sure these same people would be screaming for the perp to immediately be hanged.

Kinda a different thing an assault on an old lady and needing to use some physical force to arrest a criminal putting up resistance isn't it?  Not really a good comparison.  I have underlying issues.  Type 2 and overweight plus survivor of sepsis which has long term impact on my health.  If I were to commit a crime and resist arrest good chance that level of effort could cause my death.  

And for the record I'd have the same attitude for the criminals that assault an old lady despite the poor analogy.  Trial and evidence.  Let's see them then make a decision.  

And last for the record the video of the cop kneeling on Floyds neck is not a good look.  Doesn't seem like you need to sit on the guy after he is cuffed and down.  Without seriously good evidence showing why it was necessary I'm voting guilty on depraved indifference by the cop at minimum.  But I'd still await the trial and evidence.