SpaceX Crew Dragon delivers two NASA astronauts to International Space Station

webfact

13 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

anybody knows how much it costed to put those 2 men there ?

billion ? 5 ? 10 ?

in the name of tesla shares to sky rocket (lol)

According to what I could find on the interwebz around $55 million. I think if I remember correctly the cost for the Russians to provide the service was around $90 million. So it is a big savings. 

Your instincts about TSLA shares were right I added a little to mine as soon as I could after the mission launched successfully. 

Edited by Cryingdick

31 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

According to what I could find on the interwebz around $55 million. I think if I remember correctly the cost for the Russians to provide the service was around $90 million. So it is a big savings. 

The cost for a seat on the Russian rockets was up to 90 Million, but averaged 55 Million over the years they have used them

The estimated cost for SpaceX is 55$ million for each flight, but that is apart of the 2.6 Billion Nasa has given to SpaceX and the 4.22 Billion given to Boeing to develop the vehicle

40 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Your instincts about TSLA shares were right I added a little to mine as soon as I could after the mission launched successfully. 

Curious how you buy Tesla shares during a weekend

And I wouldn't bet too much on Tesla, because it is a separate company from SpaceX, and it wouldn't surprise me if money Tesla is used to fund SpaceX.

Did you know that SpaceX lost a lot of money when a prototype exploded just a few days earl;ier

Edited by Susco

1 minute ago, Susco said:

The cost for a seat on the Russian rockets was up to 90 Million, but averaged 55 Million over the years they have used them

The estimated cost for SpaceX is 55$ million for each flight, but that is apart of the 2.6 Billion Nasa has given to SpaceX and the 4.22 Billion given to Boeing to develop the vehicle

Okay makes sense to me. I wonder how many can fit on one flight potentially? If it is more than two people NASA made a good investment. A quick check on the web and it seems it could fit 7 people in the Dragon 2. 

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Curious how you buy Tesla shares during a weekend

Wow what a gotcha!!! You should read that I said as soon as I could. That was premarket at around 4 am this morning. Try again Sherlock. I was waiting with a smile for somebody to say this. LOL

Edited by Cryingdick

48 minutes ago, Susco said:

Did you know that SpaceX lost a lot of money when a prototype exploded just a few days earl;ier

Not much, it was a prototype test frame used for design learning. It was their 4th. Now they are assembling their 5th. It's part of a move fast, break things design philosophy that can lower costs relative to slower conventional design processes.

If you listened to Jim Bridenstine the other day, NASA is often astonished how fast SpaceX gets things built and yet they are near flawless. This break things and learn philosophy is a part of it.

so what magic scientific miracle came from the spacelab in the sky ?

about 0 you say ?  but still put billions into it for no obvious reason ?

space travel ? with millions of people out of a job ?

what a great investment ...

what if that money would be spend on PREVENTION of diseases ?

what now, no money in that, and it will upset the profits of BIG PHARMA...