Australian Visas – The Current Situation and A Look To The Future

Just doing two Child 101 Visas here in Thailand, a bit of running around and travel to get things in place for the applications, fortunately the wife is an Australian Citizen as I am, and with us looking at relocating back to Sydney come November, we are anticipating a 4 month waiting period for approval, and as the children came with us on a holiday to Sydney last October, we don't believe biometrics will have to be done again.

Fingers crossed the documents get to Western Australia when we send them by express post with little hassle thereafter, although it would have been better to do everything online through VFS as we did with their tourist visas last year. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 8:00 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Just doing two Child 101 Visas here in Thailand, a bit of running around and travel to get things in place for the applications, fortunately the wife is an Australian Citizen as I am, and with us looking at relocating back to Sydney come November, we are anticipating a 4 month waiting period for approval, and as the children came with us on a holiday to Sydney last October, we don't believe biometrics will have to be done again.

Fingers crossed the documents get to Western Australia when we send them by express post with little hassle thereafter, although it would have been better to do everything online through VFS as we did with their tourist visas last year. 

You might want to check on that.

I thought you had to submit them for every new application.

I could be wrong though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

You might want to check on that.

I thought you had to submit them for every new application.

I could be wrong though.

Interesting and pretty confusing, you see their tourist visas are good for 3 years, meaning they could go back on those visas in the next 2.5 years so I would think biometrics would be out, that said, anything is possible, agree.

From what I have worked out, re-reading the docs over and over and over again and going to different websites it really boils down to them, e.g. the may request biometrics and a police check/s, the only given is the health check.

The above said, they won't want any of the above until the application/s have reached a level of say passed, subject to the health check coming back all and good, then maybe a police check and biometrics if required.

If we have to do the biometrics again and a police check, we have to travel to Bangkok, that in itself is a nightmare when you live in the sticks, hour drive to the airport, wait time at the airport, then an hours flight to BKK, then an hours drive by the taxi allowing for the traffic, do the stuff required and then return, suffice to say there goes the day and the outlay, oh well, if it comes to that to achieve the goal, so be it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting and pretty confusing, you see their tourist visas are good for 3 years, meaning they could go back on those visas in the next 2.5 years so I would think biometrics would be out, that said, anything is possible, agree.

From what I have worked out, re-reading the docs over and over and over again and going to different websites it really boils down to them, e.g. the may request biometrics and a police check/s, the only given is the health check.

The above said, they won't want any of the above until the application/s have reached a level of say passed, subject to the health check coming back all and good, then maybe a police check and biometrics if required.

If we have to do the biometrics again and a police check, we have to travel to Bangkok, that in itself is a nightmare when you live in the sticks, hour drive to the airport, wait time at the airport, then an hours flight to BKK, then an hours drive by the taxi allowing for the traffic, do the stuff required and then return, suffice to say there goes the day and the outlay, oh well, if it comes to that to achieve the goal, so be it.

I just had a look at the Oz Embassy website in Bkk.

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Visas_and_Migration.html

You need to supply for each new application.

Your example of a multi-visa tourist visa wouldn't be a new app.

All applicants in Thailand must complete biometric (face photograph and fingerprint scan) collection for each application lodged, irrespective of their nationality, unless they are excluded or exempt from the program.

Biometrics are collected through a quick and easy process that captures a photograph of your face and a 10-digit electronic fingerprint. Applicants will be required to provide their biometrics each and every time they apply for a visa.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I just had a look at the Oz Embassy website in Bkk.

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Visas_and_Migration.html

You need to supply for each new application.

Your example of a multi-visa tourist visa wouldn't be a new app.

All applicants in Thailand must complete biometric (face photograph and fingerprint scan) collection for each application lodged, irrespective of their nationality, unless they are excluded or exempt from the program.

Biometrics are collected through a quick and easy process that captures a photograph of your face and a 10-digit electronic fingerprint. Applicants will be required to provide their biometrics each and every time they apply for a visa.

Thanks, yes I also read that, however, we might not new biometrics as they had theirs done in September 2019, and not much would have changed since then, so if someone thinks outside the square, they might not require fresh biometrics.

The above said, if they do then I will drive the Mrs and the boys to the airport and she can let loose....lol

Too bad VFS isn't doing the applications aymore as we could have done everything online, as opposed to now having to fill in the applications manually and them send everything on paper to Western Australia.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks, yes I also read that, however, we might not new biometrics as they had theirs done in September 2019, and not much would have changed since then, so if someone thinks outside the square, they might not require fresh biometrics.

The above said, if they do then I will drive the Mrs and the boys to the airport and she can let loose....lol

Too bad VFS isn't doing the applications aymore as we could have done everything online, as opposed to now having to fill in the applications manually and them send everything on paper to Western Australia.

I can see it will be a pain in the <deleted> for you, but It couldn't be any clearer TBH.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can see it will be a pain in the <deleted> for you, but It couldn't be any clearer TBH.

Agree, the way I look at it is that I say to myself, they will want fresh biometrics, police checks and health checks so will deal with them as they come in, if they only want the health checks, which is a given, well that will be an hours travel by car to AEK to get the boys do their health checks.

If they want either the biometrics and or the police checks, will have to get them to do the health checks on the way back after I pick them up from the airport, if there is anytime in the day left and if they don't actually need an appointment for the health checks, otherwise will do it the following day, doing the shuttle bus service ????

• Like 1

I would say they are  doing online

Applied in Feb for wife & son - Tourist 600 for one full year so had to get medicals & Bios

The current situation means they have no hope of getting in unless I did a child & spouse application which may also require applying for special permission

Bios should be good for 1 yr

Medicals - I am very worried as these were done in Feb & may require to be redone - We still don't have the Visas & they no email you (have to log into Immi account ) 

Also just did Citz by Descent on line - So will wait & see in 4 mths 

PS: Medicals & bios require appointments at auss immi selected places (you have to make) - you require a specific registration number from immi 

The hospital automatically send the info to immi 3500 bht for 1 

Edited by BEVUP

37 minutes ago, Buriramfelang said:

Has anybody heard if anyone who had a Oz tourist visa issued to them but then couldnt go because of covid restrictions will get credit if they reapply when things are sorted.

I haven't read or heard anything but would be seriously surprised if you would get any sort of credit TBH.

So happy to be “stuck” in pussy paradise during this crisis. Unemployed DDG girls (never previously involved in the flesh industry) now throwing themselves at any single, “hansum” farang who has more than 10 baht in the bank. 

Yes, horizontal life is tremendous. But feel genuinely sorry for those financially affected. Sure hope the crisis ends soon. 

What about a regular TOURIST Visa for a Thai Lady to Oz - that has a good Job, only can stay for 2-3 weeks - and I would be able to provide Guarantor letter?

Of course, she would have to wait until "normal" flights become available again? 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, Awinkl said:

What about a regular TOURIST Visa for a Thai Lady to Oz - that has a good Job, only can stay for 2-3 weeks - and I would be able to provide Guarantor letter?

Of course, she would have to wait until "normal" flights become available again? 

Awinkl if she is married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or PR, or NZ citizen normally resident in Australia then she could apply for the exemption, otherwise highly unlikely.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Agree, the way I look at it is that I say to myself, they will want fresh biometrics, police checks and health checks so will deal with them as they come in, if they only want the health checks, which is a given, well that will be an hours travel by car to AEK to get the boys do their health checks.

If they want either the biometrics and or the police checks, will have to get them to do the health checks on the way back after I pick them up from the airport, if there is anytime in the day left and if they don't actually need an appointment for the health checks, otherwise will do it the following day, doing the shuttle bus service ????

Currently the Embassy is exercising common sense and discretion and in cases where the travel exemption is met then biometrics MAY be waived in the current circumstances. It is a case by case basis.

And before the warriors come out to play, we have had a number of applications have the biometrics waived recently but it does depend on the Applicant and their history.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, AustralianVisa said:

Awinkl if she is married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or PR, or NZ citizen normally resident in Australia then she could apply for the exemption, otherwise highly unlikely.

WOW - now here I was NOT talking about a Bar Lady or anything associated with "taking care of Tourists". This Lady works as the Financial Controller for a BIG Sporting Goods Chain is in her late 30's - and just wants to be a "regular Tourist" visiting Australia for a brief Holiday....... definitely NOT some Person who would have any intentions of working/staying in Australia.  Is an  Oz Visa's impossible to obtain for such a Person?

Awinkle... Just so you know my situation...I am seperated from my missus due to lockdown. I have been in a defacto relationship 7 years....proof of.... Have brought the missus out each year to Ozz for a trip to dodge Songran and the monsoon build up...Ozz Imm are not going to let just anybody in unless there is a real connection with you and your Terak... It was hard enough filling out all the BS government paperwork just to get your missus out before the virus stuff... To obtain a visa now for her you will have to show on paper a real connection in your relationship. The longer the relationship the better...If you do get a visa she will be stuck in a Hotel under quarantine for 2 weeks anyway...Immigration are not really interested in someone coming to Ozz as a regular Tourist... You have to change your tact on how to bring her out. If you have the $$$ get an Ozz agent to sort it out... I don't know how much but the price of a bum on an aeroplane wont be cheap.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 11:00 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Why not get citizenship for them?

11 minutes ago, seabass69 said:

Why not get citizenship for them?

Our two daughters born in Australia and have citizenship, however as the boys were born here to a different father, they are not entitled to citizenship until they go through the process, which means, as their mother applied for it, she received Australian citizenship as she qualified, i.e. she lived in Australia with me, became a permanent resident and then applied for it after a waiting period.

She is now applying for a Child 101 Visa which will grant them permanent residency, if and when approved. Once in Australia, they can then apply for citizenship after a waiting period, not sure what that is, maybe a year, 2, 3 or 4, will check that out later, lots to do before then ????

• Like 1

I got my gf a tourist visa to Australia in early February just before the Covid 19 became an issue. I got called into work early and flew to Africa in March. After 4 months of work still cant get back into Thailand with my PE visa and wont fly to Australia as i will probably get stuck there to mid 2021 with no income. Elite visa Thailand has extended my visa for 6 months but I'm sure the stingy Australian govt won't give me a refund. Lucky to be working but stuck with no place to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 8:09 PM, Nemises said:

So happy to be “stuck” in pussy paradise during this crisis. Unemployed DDG girls (never previously involved in the flesh industry) now throwing themselves at any single, “hansum” farang who has more than 10 baht in the bank.

Yes, horizontal life is tremendous. But feel genuinely sorry for those financially affected. Sure hope the crisis ends soon.

Pussy gets boring after a while especially if you have it every day for years. I am glad to be "stuck" back home in Melbourne during this crisis where I have all my creature comforts and entertainments. However, I do miss my Thai partner. Speaking online several times a day is enough for now, but certainly looking forward to her pussy when this is all over.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Pussy gets boring after a while especially if you have it every day for years. I am glad to be "stuck" back home in Melbourne during this crisis where I have all my creature comforts and entertainments. However, I do miss my Thai partner. Speaking online several times a day is enough for now, but certainly looking forward to her pussy when this is all over.

LOL....NEW pussy never gets boring. FYI: Variety is the spice of life ????

Melbourne ATM is cold and depressing and it’s borders have been blocked by every other State. But wait, there’s more!..... Virus rampant Melbourne is in lockdown! Yep, must be really good there. 

Meanwhile in Thailand there are millions of under-employed, beautiful girls all keen to meet up with single, financially secured farang. Life here has never been better for a single guy. It’s akin to being a kid in a candy store, especially with so many other farang unable to travel here. 

Anyway, off for a swim now in warm, sunny Covid-free Thailand. Then meeting another NEW, DDG Thai babe for dinner and...

Keep “enjoying” Melbourne. 

Cheers 

???? 

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2020 at 7:06 PM, Nemises said:

....... especially with so many other farang unable to travel here. 

..... and that's the RUB!!

I just came back to Oz last November ... for a 3-4 months stay, before I would have returned to my place in LOS ...... and then - Covid 19 interfered with my plans - and "lucky Dogs" like yourself are being STUCK there - and able to continue to live-it-up,  "unlucky Dogs" like myself are being STUCK here - with NOWHERE to go!! ???????????? ...... while my Retirement Visa in LOS expires .....

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, Awinkl said:

WOW - now here I was NOT talking about a Bar Lady or anything associated with "taking care of Tourists". This Lady works as the Financial Controller for a BIG Sporting Goods Chain is in her late 30's - and just wants to be a "regular Tourist" visiting Australia for a brief Holiday....... definitely NOT some Person who would have any intentions of working/staying in Australia.  Is an  Oz Visa's impossible to obtain for such a Person?

At the moment if you do not meet the clearly provided exemptions it is impossible to get a visa. So someone wanting to be a tourist at this time will have no chance. 

It has nothing to do with their employment, background, nationality or bank balance. 

Also you can't have a brief holiday when you have a 14 day quarantine each side.

The Gov is a bit all over the place at the moment

You have the Indians jumping up & down, the Hong Kongers & many others 

I'm just waiting to wrap a few things up in Thai & then get son & hopefully Wife here

Since their Visas are on hold (fully completed & submitted in Feb ) I have gone to the trouble of getting son Auss Citz & will apply for passport in a week or so 

So OK that will (should) get him here - He will not have to Quarantine if he comes alone

Now for the wife, not sure how gov is thinking on this one - It says immediate family 

Not sure what Visa she would get, or the need to prove compassionate grounds 

Will try & see Agent in Auss to check best avenue for wife 

Any thoughts from anyone out there - thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This post is bin worthy. Tell the writer to actually know my country. We have a already trailed vaccine that will be ready in 3 4 months and you can tell Thailand stop trying to create a option because nobody will inject or approve it. Next subject please

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:35 AM, BEVUP said:

The Gov is a bit all over the place at the moment

You have the Indians jumping up & down, the Hong Kongers & many others 

I'm just waiting to wrap a few things up in Thai & then get son & hopefully Wife here

Since their Visas are on hold (fully completed & submitted in Feb ) I have gone to the trouble of getting son Auss Citz & will apply for passport in a week or so 

So OK that will (should) get him here - He will not have to Quarantine if he comes alone

Now for the wife, not sure how gov is thinking on this one - It says immediate family 

Not sure what Visa she would get, or the need to prove compassionate grounds 

Will try & see Agent in Auss to check best avenue for wife 

Any thoughts from anyone out there - thanks

Hi BEVUP

I have sent you a message. Generally speaking quarantine is mandatory for all, however there are some exemptions.

Your wife is immediate family, and if she is the mother of your child you mention then she easily qualifies.

The visa will depend on the plans you have for the future and what suits you best for your needs.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Mayhem11 said:

Don’t forget to be cashed up to stay in the luxurious Covid 19 petri dishes called quarantine hotels. Budget at least $AUD 4000.00 for the privilege per couple.

Am aware but last I read it was $3000 per couple + $500 per child ( my situation mother & 1 child 12yrs old )

* Have obtained Auss Citz for son & he should get his Auss PP come October 

Will now have to cancel Visa app sitting in limbo in Auss Immi department

* Now wife - Will also have to cancel (due to the 3605 on it ) & apply for Normal TV (with special exemption ) - So she can apply for PR (she should get full PR after 2 yrs since together a long time )

* I will get agent involved ( in auss ) who I had been told would cost $1500 for PR 

So looking at

* plane costs (if can get ) - Would be looking at Repat one way direct flights (dont want to see them dumped of a last leg )

* Quarantine

* PR application

Maybe $20,000

PS: has anyone done Auss PR & posted on here (tried search engine)

Just looking for advice & documents (where to get in Thailand ) of any that cant be got at Thai Auss embassy

IE: work history (non taxable )/ Schooling 

Thanks all in advance