Non O Savvanahket after amnesty. Any predictions?

Hi,... I am just wondering if anyone knows about what might happen after the amnesty. Do you think that after July 31st everyone will need to rush out to get their visa or will there be some leeway? Im sure there are thousands of married men who rely on the Non O savvanahket visa and it would be chaos if they all tried to get it at the same time.

Cheers.

• Haha 2

You would need to leave the country on or before the July 31st. If the borders are still closed or the entry requirements are very restrictive then they may extend the ministerial order again.

If you could qualify for an extension of some kind you could apply for one prior to the 31st.

If married to a Thai and you have not applied for one yet you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need to leave the country on or before the July 31st. If the borders are still closed or the entry requirements are very restrictive then they may extend the ministerial order again.

If you could qualify for an extension of some kind you could apply for one prior to the 31st.

If married to a Thai and you have not applied for one yet you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Hi....Non O multi visa ended May 12th. Do you think that I could apply for a 1 year extension and put the funds in this week instead of the 3 month seasoning? Im in Pattaya.

13 minutes ago, crickets said:

Hi....Non O multi visa ended May 12th. Do you think that I could apply for a 1 year extension and put the funds in this week instead of the 3 month seasoning? Im in Pattaya.

You only need the 400k baht to be in a Thai bank for 2 months for an extension based upon marriage.

You should talk to your local immigration office to find out if they would be flexible since the money would be in the bank for almost 2 months if you deposited the funds within the next few days. Also you should verifiy that they will do the one year extension since your are under the amnesty now.

Unless you applied for one already you could apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife and then the one year extension.

• Like 1

Predictions? Only hard facts are any use. There are none out there as yet. I'm cool with staying on here although planned to return to Europe last month with my wife was of course cancelled. Now It's very frustrating at both ends. There are flights out we could take but restrictions on arrival in France and what about getting back in to Thailand for me if I leave? Even for my wife? Her visa for France expires end July. We still don't know but the pandemic is under control here or anywhere yet. Lockdowns are ending in Europe. Will there be second wave? Another month and things may or may not look clearer!

• Haha 1

Hello

I live close to Jomtien and depend upon Jomtien immigration.. extension of stay expiring october 3rd but I normally always apply one month before

Being on Non OA initially and having a good foreign insurance and medical issues which would not be taken into account by the thai insurances I was planing to go for a visa run to Cambodia end of august and enter on visa exemption and do here the process for a O visa (I have the 800 K in bank all year long)

If not able to go out, I heard some agents here can change the visa for a O type... of course quite expensive.. but less expensive than a non sense double insurance..

Do anybody know which agent can do that ?

Have a nice day

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, domdom said:

Hello

I live close to Jomtien and depend upon Jomtien immigration.. extension of stay expiring october 3rd but I normally always apply one month before

Being on Non OA initially and having a good foreign insurance and medical issues which would not be taken into account by the thai insurances I was planing to go for a visa run to Cambodia end of august and enter on visa exemption and do here the process for a O visa (I have the 800 K in bank all year long)

If not able to go out, I heard some agents here can change the visa for a O type... of course quite expensive.. but less expensive than a non sense double insurance..

Have a nice day

Hi,

You live near Jomtien then better make discreet inquiries down there as opposed to coming on to an open forum and asking people to give you names of establishments or agents that will help you break the laws on extensions and visas.

Why not check out places by yourself close by to Immigration or better still, ask advice from Immigration.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

Other options are available and to find out it is best to make discreet inquiries at your local immigration office. 

What other options than already mentioned? Do you have your own crystal ball? 

2 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello

Have a nice day

As your permission to stay only expires October 3rd, you have still 4 months.

Normally you would by then be able to do a quick border-run and on return apply for a 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa and in the last month of those 90-days apply for the 1-year extension of that Visa.

In case the borders are not open again by then (or there would be quarantaine measures imposed on one or both of the entries), you could simply opt to buy the dirt-cheapest thai IO-approved health-insurance policy.  The annual premium for the LMG Insurance Plan 1 (with 200K deductible) only costs 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age bracket 51 to 75 years.

That's probably even cheaper than engaging an agent to fix the issue for you.

Thank you..  You re right, as paying an agent would be more expensive.. I would not mind paying and solving the problem once for all.. but no guarantee next year they won t decide to impose insurance for O also..

Will see in 2 months what s going on and in case ask Ubonjoe the best place to make a run .. if possible. If not...

Have a nice day

7 minutes ago, domdom said:

Thank you..  You re right, as paying an agent would be more expensive.. I would not mind paying and solving the problem once for all.. but no guarantee next year they won t decide to impose insurance for O also..

Will see in 2 months what s going on and in case ask Ubonjoe the best place to make a run .. if possible If not...

Have a nice day

Hi,

I just PM-ed you a comprehensive guideline document outlining all details/options to apply for the Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent extension.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

60 days extension even if the visa and stamp are expired ?

maybe they will let people extend without leaving the country ?

or maybe just ask everybody to go back to their homecountry to refund Thai airways ????

22 minutes ago, samtab said:

60 days extension even if the visa and stamp are expired ?

Yes

Your visa being expired means nothing after you are in the country. You would be extending the automatic extension of your most recent permit to stay.

24 minutes ago, samtab said:

maybe they will let people extend without leaving the country ?

If you qualify for an extension they will do it. Those they don't may be able to get a letter from their embassy to get a special 30 day extension.

25 minutes ago, samtab said:

or maybe just ask everybody to go back to their home country to refund Thai airways

Not going to happen unless that is your only choice.