Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

8 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Hitler would be Your Friend. Full of Love for his Fellow Man too.

Please try to be more serious. Hitler died long time ago. How could he be my friend? You can't find an example that is more realistic? I begin to understand what kind of people feel pity on this lawless guy. It is for sure not easy for him... 

Edited by Oldie
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why would it be illegal?   There are no IB regulations requiring that lump sum money in the bank has to come from an IB-approved source.

It would not be illegal if the money would be gifted (and income tax paid on it).

But I don't think that's what the poster really suggested.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I know the law is the law etc, but where is the "humanity" in this, where is the compassion ?

Are people really that jaded and programmed, ok daft question.

Just saddens me thats all, he isnt hurting anyone, he isnt a drug baron or peadophile no danger to society. 

Each case on its own merits would be my view. Not just a paperwork violation which ultimately thats all this actually is, clerical violation.

His paperwork is not in order so lets rip his life apart and ban him from what is now his home for 10yrs ! Shameful in my opinion.

Until very recently that was exactly the case in the UK. If you were found without a proper visa or leave permission and removed yourself voluntarily right away from the country, there were no legal consequences so ever.

Edited by Morakot

Just now, Morakot said:

Until very recently that was exactly the case in the UK. If you were found without a proper visa or leave permission and removed yourself voluntarily right away from the country, there were no legal consequences at so ever.

He wasnt here for Handouts and a Roof

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poohy said:

A thoroughly nice man and  friend , he has helped many people in the town

It will be sad to see him go

i'm sure he may have been, though he clearly didnt have the common sense to ensure he's legally in the country - it's not difficult. people like this just make things worse for the vast majority.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

7 hours ago, weaver93 said:

auf wiedersehn...

Hey, English only on TVF!   PML

Yes, CLS, read the Forum Rules.

But it was meant tongue in cheek.....who's tongue in who's cheek I do not know!    PML

Edited by stouricks

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

It has to be you're money, not someone elses 

You need to show immigration that the money come from your bank account abroad as well and it was transferred to Thailand .

I recall last year, two Indians getting arrested for lending 800 000 Baht for the other to get the visa

Wasn't it one stole the money so the other Indian went tot he police and the stuff hit the fan?

3 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

no, but than again, Thais in their new homecountry behave and are positive and integrate. Farang on the other hand are abusive, negative, and insulting their new home country on a daily basis, and behave like the Thais should adapt to them and their superior ideas and attitude, instead of integrating.

so yeah, i can understand why the Thais are not really going for the idea of giving citizenship too easy for the farang...

An HTT member I see.

2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"It has to be you're money, not someone elses"

It has to be in a bank account in the applicant's name, that's all.

"You need to show immigration that the money come from your bank account abroad as well and it was transferred to Thailand".

As far as the lump sum method is concerned, no, you do not have to prove that to IB.

Quite right, I never did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Let's hope he can skip over to Cambodia or something like that and live happily ever after. Bummer when good guys get grassed up.

Yes - Gary Glitter for instance liked it very much - for a while... ???? But I think nowadays Cambodia is more for gamblers with a lot of money. He does not even look Chinese. Better he goes back to Merkel. She welcomes everyone wherever he comes from. And if he needs Euro - no problem. They print new ones. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, you initially have to show the money got transferred into Thailand from abroad .

Maybe not after the first time of renewal, but first time you have to provide the money transfer from abroad code

That would obviously depend on the IO and at which office. I was never asked to prove how my lump sum got into the bank and have never been asked since.

• Like 1