Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

rooster59

38 minutes ago, petermik said:

businesses here (mainly farang) in Pattaya/Phuket....I wonder why...shameful treatment by this junta towards the most vulnerable in its society :sad:

This farang businesses you talk about are in fact on the paper owned by Thai dummies, most businesses are not legal.

This government closes already on eye on this businesses,

so don't push it... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

The greedy Thai landlords, still asking for full rent payements, are part of the problem.

A lot of the small beer bars are running like a ''family'', the boss and the mamasan are the

parents and the girls are the child, so i am not surprised the ''parents'' take care of their ''child''

but of course they don't have infinite funds

What?  In your mind the landlords do have "infinite funds"?

• Like 2

Just now, sungod said:

Not all beer bars have hookers, not all farangs go to a beer bar to talk to a hooker. I'd rather chance it in an open air bar choosing where i sit and who I sit with than being crammed into a carriage on the BTS/MRT at rush hour.

Agreed, that was why in an other post i said if its just an open air bar without girls it probably safer. But with the girls.. no way. I think a majority of the people begging for the beer bars are not going there for just the beers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Tourists may go to bars for the girls, most expats go to the bars for a beer and a chat.

And because they also will drink they will not use any masks. And since they want to chat they will sit close together. And they might move from one bar to another and might meet many different people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1