Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

rooster59

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The greedy Thai landlords, still asking for full rent payements, are part of the problem.

A lot of the small beer bars are running like a ''family'', the boss and the mamasan are the

parents and the girls are the child, so i am not surprised the ''parents'' take care of their ''child''

but of course they don't have infinite funds, they need to open again soon.

Why specify 'greedy Thai landlords'? Greedy British landlords are behaving in exactly the same way and sending their tenants to the wall by the thousand.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, finnishmen said:

thailand need closed borden,ban fly,no tourism, no open any bar and hotel next 1 year better if closed all next 2 year. then have safety and good. no matter how many bar go bankcrupt because have too many bar all pattaya city ,and phuket and bkk. ewery peoples no need many bar, better not have bar lot. and hotel have beach and island too lto today not good, goverment need made law hotel no can build and old must destroy ewery beach and island, island need only one or 2 hotell but all need build only center island NOT near beach. same bar not true need many. only some bar all city have good.

What language was that?

24 minutes ago, steven100 said:

that's exactly what i was thinking .....  no thai's will go there. She's just blabbering tears ...  like most thai's do.

Your opinion of Thai People doesn't seem to be good. Btw. in many tourist regions there are many Thai land and Bussines owners who have enough money. Many like to play pool and have some drinks beside.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I find it strange how people somehow can comment on the Thai government not doing enough tests and thinking there are transmissions but hidden and that figures dont add up. However when it suits them they believe the government that there are no local corvid transmissions if it helps their case.

IMHO corvid is still out there just not found by testing and opening bars and forgetting social distancing will start a second wave. 

So either you believe the goverment that there is no corvid out there and we should open it all up forget about all measures and return to our previous lives or you believe (like i do) that its still out there but that the government just does not find it because of lack of testing and opening up would be a problem.

I too want to go back to pre corvid but I think its still too early. 

Then you stay home. 

I want to get on with it, and while I could not care less about going to a beer bar, I recognize that many business will not survive the current closure even if they do open, let alone another extension.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Your opinion of Thai People doesn't seem to be good. Btw. in many tourist regions there are many Thai land and Bussines owners who have enough money. Many like to play pool and have some drinks beside.

some thai's are good, some are not. I have many thai friends who i drink with, but there are those who i wouldn't trust to put my garbage out. I respect thai folk as much as they show respect to me. simple really.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If the staff want to work with safety precautions and the customers accept any risks by drinking in the bars, then what is the problem. I have no problem in sitting in a bar and any risks there will be.

Unfortunately personal choice is being taking away everyday with these rules.

Then you walk around with your nose sticking out of your mask and infect every around you.

It's not about personal choice when you can potentially harm others.

No different from a smoker demanding to be able to smoke and polluting the air around him. 

Why the obsession with sitting in those places anyway?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The thai link have more information (usual) 

interest to know real owner, google, then see all you guys crying because your ladyboy bar not open. 

????????????

Sorry, you must wait some more before you kiss your darling again.

I feel sick....

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I was referring more to bar operators than the owners of the property. How flexible do you think these land barons have been with the current owners leasing from them?

You have probably missread my initial post about the owners refusing to postpone

or reduce the rents. I was of course refering to the owners of the land or of the building

who are in fact welthy families or big corporations. 

More than 50% of them have refused to even discuss the terms of the rent

and the Pattaya mayor has been forced to put in place a comitee to try to convince

them to be more ''soft'' in these hard times. It was in the local news last month.

i am sorry english isn't my first language and it was probably 

bad explained by myself in my first post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Aylesham said:

Why specify 'greedy Thai landlords'? Greedy British landlords are behaving in exactly the same way and sending their tenants to the wall by the thousand.

How many British landlords owning a land with a building on it used to be a beer bar

do you know in Pattaya?

I just try to not go off topic, that's why i was talking about the

greedy Thai landlords, specifically the Pattaya ones as is the subject here

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yuyiinthesky said:

What a nonsense! 
As you can see below, there is no risk if done correctly.

You might want to go there and ask them to give you some lessons, so you can relax and enjoy life again.

0C2EE325-76B7-4205-8D9E-CD5BF7DD94C2.jpeg

Sorry.

You must wait for TJ bar to open.

16 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The bar fine is to cover the loss of the girls time by the bar owner. She is paid a salary to work a contracted set of hours. Her primary role is to encourage customers to drink in the bar, not to have sex with customers. That's a private arrangement between the girl and the customer. If the girl leaves the bar with a customer the bar owner loses her services as a hostess (hence the bar fine as compensation) and he also loses the customer. No element of this process could be considered pimping by the bar owner.

Totally legal unless the owner is providing rooms on the premises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

The thai link have more information (usual) 

interest to know real owner, google, then see all you guys crying because your ladyboy bar not open. 

????????????

Sorry, you must wait some more before you kiss your darling again.

Sorry. That Soi is a bit too manly for me. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The bar fine is to cover the loss of the girls time by the bar owner. She is paid a salary to work a contracted set of hours. Her primary role is to encourage customers to drink in the bar, not to have sex with customers. That's a private arrangement between the girl and the customer. If the girl leaves the bar with a customer the bar owner loses her services as a hostess (hence the bar fine as compensation) and he also loses the customer. No element of this process could be considered pimping by the bar owner.

Pimp is called Maeng Daa in thai language.

The bar with prostitute owner are Maeng Daa. 

Is very low class.

Maybe you own a bar? 

Make money from prostitute bar= pimp/Maeng Daa

Make money from pub/no prostitute bar = not pimp/Maeng Daa

Every Thai person agree.

I think most foreign “beer bar” for farang customer have a farang owner/pimp. 

So, the OP. 

Do you think the government going to say “ok Mrs Pimp with Germany Husband in Pattaya. You cry so we risk more covid, more economy down, more Thai people dead, more hotels close, because you want sell ladyboys to farang sex tourists so you can make more money. We do it help you and husband”

is rediculous think that.

Unbelievable 

1) This women talk on the news about it.

2) TVF member think her cry will change anything. (IMO, she smarter if she quiet) 

IMO the tears is fake. She care about her worker?

Or herself? Who you think?

is a Pattaya ladyboy beer bar. 16 years already. Lovely place?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Sorry. That Soi is a bit too manly for me. 

Hmmm. 

Farang love ladyboy so much.