Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I wouldn't have an issue with that. Wearing a mask during s/t is another matter. Almost as bad as being asked to wear a condom.

you sleep around with hookers, in Thailand with no condom? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

They don't know because they can do only limited testing. 

They've been bragging every day. Either they're lying through their teeth or there is no disease remaining.

Choose one.

It will stay the same until they open up the borders, at that point things will be a bit different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some among ten in Soi Wong Amat (Soi Na Klua 18) have sold up while others are desperate for the government to ease restrictions on them opening.

so who is buying those?  cents on the dollar?

that might shed some light why in a country with as good as NO deaths, the pandemic continues

some people will buy up most on the cheap or with FREE borrowed money and become billionaires...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They've been bragging every day. Either they're lying through their teeth or there is no disease remaining.

Choose one.

It will stay the same until they open up the borders, at that point things will be a bit different.

I think the main question will be what will happen if Thailand can't get rid of Corona and might even be left with many cases. Will the tourists and other countries care? They could avoid or block Thailand. It is not an easy situation for a country that depends so much on tourism. There might be safer travel destinations then. And what should be done with tourists that get Corona while being here?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fxe1200 said:

When those beer bar opens, I wonder what they are going to sell? Bottled beer, which has been sitting at roughly 30 degrees centigrade for months, beer which is totally bitter and stale? Beer is not properly stored, and that is a rule in Thailand. Therefore I will wait some time until the old p*ss has been sold. Besides I will keep on checking the filling dates, before I order a beer, or buy at the 7/11 or a supermarket. Lately I saw some boxes of Singha at Big-C with a filling date 19.09.2019! Cheers!

I only drink Bourbon which matures with age. Good for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

you sleep around with hookers, in Thailand with no condom? ????

Like at least 30% of the people here

do you really think all these old guys want (Or can) to bother with it ?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If the staff want to work with safety precautions and the customers accept any risks by drinking in the bars, then what is the problem. I have no problem in sitting in a bar and any risks there will be.

Unfortunately personal choice is being taking away everyday with these rules.

The problem is that you will meet other people outside the bar and they will have to live with the risks of your personal choice too. I understand that you are unhappy but there is not an easy fix.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

The problem is that you will meet other people outside the bar and they will have to live with the risks of your personal choice too. I understand that you are unhappy but there is not an easy fix.

Not a problem. No one in Thailand has Covid so no one can give it to you. You can snog a hundred bar girls (my record for 1 night, ahem) and you still can't catch it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Haven't had a problem yet????

Never is, just tell them you love them and want to marry them. They'll be desperate to have your baby. I just forget to inform them that I had the snip many years ago.

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Not a problem. No one in Thailand has Covid so no one can give it to you. You can snog a hundred bar girls (my record for 1 night, ahem) and you still can't catch it.

You should inform the government and tell them that you are a very efficient test tool. Perhaps you could start a great career here. ????