Thailand in grip of a rainy spell

rooster59

Thailand in grip of a rainy spell

By The Nation

800_ffb1b1e4d2ec636.jpeg

Continuous rains are forecast for the entire country with likely flash floods in the East and South, the Thailand Meteorological Department said.

A low pressure cell covers the Bay of Martaban while the southwest monsoon across the Andaman Sea and Thailand is getting stronger. 

The department forecast continuous rain over Thailand and Isolated heavy rain in the East and the South (west coast). People in these areas should beware of the severe conditions that may cause flash floods. Winds and waves in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will strengthen during June 8-10, with waves about two metres high and above two metres during thundershowers. All ships in the Andaman Sea should proceed with caution and keep away from thundershowers, the department said.

Cloudy skies are forecast for Bangkok with scattered thundershowers. Minimum temperature will be around 26-27 degrees Celsius and maximum temperature 33-37 °C. Southwesterly winds blow at 10-20kph.

From June 7-12 the low pressure cell covers the Gulf of Martaban, which will intensify and move to the upper Bay of Bengal. The southwest monsoon prevailing over the Andaman Sea and Thailand will be strengthening. The country will experience continuous rain and isolated heavy rain is likely in the monsoon side. Wind waves over the Andaman Sea are expected to be about two metres high and above two metres during thundershowers.

People in the volatile areas should beware of severe conditions that may cause flash floods throughout the period. During June 7-11, all ships in the Andaman Sea should proceed with caution and avoid sailing into thundershowers.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389190

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-07

Chiang Mai ,yesterday,got dark, wind started blowing,thunder and lightening

in the distance, good i thought its going to rain,save me watering the garden

tomorrow.........not a drop fell.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Plenty of rain in Pathum Thani lately. 100 + mm of rain in a week.

crazy the other night eh. that huge lightning was right over my house for what seemed like 30 minutes. sat outside and enjoyed the breeze on my balcony. 

Edited by mr mr