UK should have gone into coronavirus lockdown sooner - government scientific adviser

webfact

22 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Hardly. He's too busy investigating a grooming gang scandal "oop North" that the upholders of law and order and mass media, strangely, don't seem interested in.

I'd have missed that if @7by7 hadn't mentioned it yesterday (????)

Edited by evadgib

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This situation has exposed how incompetent the UK and US governments are.

How selfish their citizens are.

All the death.  Just a bunch of foolish clumsy bunglers a total shameful embarrassment to society and the world.

All what death ? 50,000 people dying of respiratory ailments during 150 days of cold wet winter weather in U.K. equates to 0.0005% per day. So many people out there that, when shown a number, switch off the brain and leap to panic stations ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The protests are morphing into anti-government protests, I even saw people with home made signs saying "this is the revolution". Mostly under 30 and spoiling for a fight, the trouble is there are others in the far right spoiling for a fight too.

Good. We need to get rid of this useless incompetent govt before they make things even worse with their no deal brexit.

The far right are always spoiling for a fight but fortunately they're not very numerous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

All what death ? 50,000 people dying of respiratory ailments during 150 days of cold wet winter weather in U.K. equates to 0.0005% per day. So many people out there that, when shown a number, switch off the brain and leap to panic stations ????

"0.0005% per day"

or 333 people, mums, dads, loved ones died everyday over a 150 day period

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vogie said:

What evidence have you that the "far right" is spoiling for a fight too?

Well they usually are ????

Was it stupid for so many people to mass together for the demonstrations?  Yes it was.  Was it stupid for people to invade Chesil Beach with their families the week before?  Yes it was.  We can all pick incidents to shake a finger at. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well they usually are ????

Was it stupid for so many people to mass together for the demonstrations?  Yes it was.  Was it stupid for people to invade Chesil Beach with their families the week before?  Yes it was.  We can all pick incidents to shake a finger at. 

Was it stupid for the police to ignore the anarchists that are breaking the law? Yes it was, and in view of his was it just for the police to arrest/fine people for sunbathing in a public park? No it wasn't. We don't pay the police for ignoring crime and just going for the soft targets!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Are you saying they didnt know what the number of demonstrators were going to be? 

It was in all the MSM that there would be thousands of protestors, the numbers came as no surprise.  The limited number of Police was a decision they took because they had already decided to do nothing. 

Correct, the police all over the country did nothing much. So all the police forces in the country decided to do nothing or they were told do nothing by the PM or home secretary.

Soneome on here said about the far right and spoling for a fight, show me the proof. This is image is from what a friend sent me last night, looks like a bunch far right thugs to me. So when did people in the UK start calling these protesters ANTIFA, that is what Trump calls them. Strings are being pulled from somewhere.

20200608_100301.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Correct, the police all over the country did nothing much. So all the police forces in the country decided to do nothing or they were told do nothing by the PM or home secretary.

Soneome on here said about the far right and spoling for a fight, show me the proof. This is image is from what a friend sent me last night, looks like a bunch far right thugs to me. So when did people in the UK start calling these protesters ANTIFA, that is what Trump calls them. Strings are being pulled from somewhere.

20200608_100301.jpg

A tweet is proof. ????????????????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The police have been a disgrace. Go walking with your dog in the countryside or have a picnic in the park while social distancing and they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks, shaming you on social media, handing out fines etc.

Riot in London without facemasks, completely ignoring social distancing and they'll take a knee in front of the baying mob to show their solidarity to the cause. Absolutely pathetic. Embarrassing.  

image.png.117dc5b51e6028c559b68092bf997926.png

Totally agree. along with the Government because they would have sanctioned the hands off approach. 

It’s totally undermined any chance they had of easing controls. The message is loud and clear, social distancing is over, get back to living your life as it was. 

Any Police who turn up at someone’s BBQ this weekend to complain that there are 10 people there will get laughed at in their face. As you say, easy targets whilst Ignoring and the difficult ones. Total bottle job. 

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's from Facebook and I've seen others like it. Maybe you should check this Facebook page for Antifa Public Watch North https://www.facebook.com/WeAreAPW/

I don't have to check anything on social media sites, they are not a verified source of information and thaivisa does not allow such sites.

You said yourself that "This is image is from what a friend sent me last night, looks like a bunch far right thugs to me." What it looks like to you hardly confirms your evidence now does it, come on TFusion, hardly damning evidence now is it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't have to check anything on social media sites, they are not a verified source of information and thaivisa does not allow such sites.

You said yourself that "This is image is from what a friend sent me last night, looks like a bunch far right thugs to me." What it looks like to you hardly confirms your evidence now does it, come on TFusion, hardly damning evidence now is it.

Then you should look at the link I sent you, the same image is from there and comments are getting the football crews to counter next weeks BLM protests. Social media is where these battles are fought, statue in Bristol pulled down and it's goes viral to the protesters in Parliament Square and so on. There are no leaders and no big organised groups, but they come together via social media to form into protests.

Today I've seen posts on Facebook saying the George Floyd video is fake, yesterday it was images of Lee Rigby and his ISIS killer, where do you think these viral posts are coming from and why are they being spread around.

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Try 1  (ONE) weeks  deaths for the Flu  in the UK of 1999/2000  TWELVE THOUSAND dead,  that didnt get much of a mention at the time and no lockdown, total for that year 44k I believe. https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/highestnumberofexcesswinterdeathssince19992000/2015-11-25

Edited by bodga

There is another video doing the rounds of white male with a flat cap, Barbour jacket and clearly a fake mustache kicking away BLM placards around the Churchill statue, he is chased away and disappears, the police form up. There are agitators inciting both sides.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Interesting post, thanks. I have been thinking of your scenario - but it is unworkable. Planes are flown by a flight crew. These people need to rest and be fed and watered, invariably they would come in contact with humans in NZ. Shipping crews are much larger and stay at port longer guaranteeing much more local contact. You can see why this is totally unworkable. The only way NZ can remain corona free is 100% no contact with the outside world.

Australia will never be corona free, they have boat people still making the crossing from Indonesia. Most of these people are coming from the Arab world where corona is rife. Therefore there will not be an OZ-NZ travel route opening, again unless NZ realized it will inevitably invite corona back onto its shores.

You topped your first ridiculous post by your second ridiculous post.

Boat crews stay quarantined on board. Flight crew stay quarantined in rooms. The infection chances are minimal and contact is minimal. Plus they know exactly where they are so can be isolated and contained.

As for boat people. Do tell how many boat people have made it to oz in the last few years. You may be surprised.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The police have been a disgrace. Go walking with your dog in the countryside or have a picnic in the park while social distancing and they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks, shaming you on social media, handing out fines etc.

Riot in London without facemasks, completely ignoring social distancing and they'll take a knee in front of the baying mob to show their solidarity to the cause. Absolutely pathetic. Embarrassing.  

image.png.117dc5b51e6028c559b68092bf997926.png

Maybe they can see the distinction between those with genuine, peaceful intentions and those intent on causing trouble? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Maybe they can see the distinction between those with genuine, peaceful intentions and those intent on causing trouble? 

Or maybe they're terrified of getting injured by a mob of well over 100 people. Whereas they don't mind so much going after a two or four guys having a picnic in a park.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

UK.. growing towards 50.000 corona casualties. Who will be nr 1, nr 2 and nr 3: USA, Brazil or UK. ? 

Wooo, are you getting excited, who do you want to win puipuitom, I'd be happy with bronze position, but when is the final?

• Haha 2