Social media users warned after company fined 50k THB sharing beer photos on Facebook

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Among some of the things that you could be fined 50,000 to 500,000 baht for are:

* Showing an alcohol brand name or any packaging

* Identifying a beer bottle even if it was empty

* Inviting others to enjoy an alcoholic beverage

* Suggesting that beer or other alcohol has a certain nice taste or any taste

* Inviting others to try alcohol in any way

* Posting an empty glass with a logo

How sad....

• Like 1

I'll point out that if one has been on Facebook for a long time (many of us for years), it's challenging to scrub your photos of all that might contain b**r. You can hide albums from public. But, not all photos are in albums and no one button to simply turn off all photos. I guess one could delete or hide your entire profile. Seems like a drastic step to take. 

When living in any foreign country (one that is not your native home) do not become confused. Whether you agree with it or not, no matter how seemingly ridiculous, it is their country and their laws. Never allow yourself to believe that the rules of your country apply in another country. Finally, stay out of local politics. Thailand has speech restriction and internet restrictions. A good VPN will get you around the internet restrictions but be careful of what you say or post.  

• Thanks 1

“The law only aims to prevent the advertising of alcoholic beverages on media platforms,” he added. “If the poster has no commercial intention, he/she cannot be fined.”

people dont have nothing better to do than fabricating false rumors just for getting clicks to their socialmedia.

No, not true, ordinary ppl posting photos of themselves with a beer, or talking about beer on social media, are NOT fined, and are doing nothing wrong. The fines are for cleverly disguised alcohol advertisements on social media. And thats GOOD. No Need to promote beer (or ciagerettes for that matter) to a largely young social media audience.

33 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I'll point out that if one has been on Facebook for a long time (many of us for years), it's challenging to scrub your photos of all that might contain b**r. You can hide albums from public. But, not all photos are in albums and no one button to simply turn off all photos. I guess one could delete or hide your entire profile. Seems like a drastic step to take. 

please read the second article. The FIRST article about ppl being fined for posting about beer is FALSE, its a fabricated rumor. Even without the second article, you and other people COULD be more critical and ask yourself if its really true, before gobbling up fake news like its a gourmet dish.

4 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

please read the second article. The FIRST article about ppl being fined for posting about beer is FALSE, its a fabricated rumor. Even without the second article, you and other people COULD be more critical and ask yourself if its really true, before gobbling up fake news like its a gourmet dish.

I read the second article and it left me with the same concerns that the way the prohibited postings are conceptualized, they could be quite broadly applied and could easily make many posts by normal people who aren't engaged in any sort of food commerce open for targeting by the police. 

This is crazy. Around 95% of my FB pictures from over 12 years have alcohol. I may just have to delete my account. I will sit with a coke next.

Oh wait maybe that will soon be banned due to high sugar content.

Winter decided to attack again so it didn't get above 50 today with some snow and rain I'm in the hot tub enjoying a nice little tasty  4% Session IPA for about 40 baht.  Thailand made beer sucks all of it go <deleted> off

20200608_172308.jpg

• Like 1

no doubt the general has his finger in the wis-key to fit any door, he will let you light a candle for now, but you can bet he is working on that in secret, his mate ( Flop) will be looking into the health reasons for him

I am guessing with no one traveling there at this time there ideal minds are dreaming up new things to make them look like you know the words I am thinking. I stage a lot of photos with a sweaty bottle of ice cold brew were I come from know one has ever heard of Chang beer or any other Thai beer or harder stuff. So soon I have to pixel all my photos before I post fat chance Charley try and catch me going out the gate.   

On 6/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, JonnyF said:

It's getting ridiculous how COVID-19 is being used as an excuse to ban everything that the pretend Puritans who stole power in 2014 don't like.

Not innocent. Deeply disturbing.

how far to social credit scores?

The best we can hope for is our hosts completely ignoring this. Which is very likely.