Social media users warned after company fined 50k THB sharing beer photos on Facebook

webfact

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

Is it ok to say most Thai made B++R tastes like P++S ?

If you have personally performed a taste test of both and that is your opinion...

then yes you can say so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The country is going insane....the cops are having to resort to make money in different ways....but whatever, they will fine, extort, steal, you name it, as there's been very little tea money available for the past couple of months!

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

The country is going insane....the cops are having to resort to make money in different ways....but whatever, they will fine, extort, steal, you name it, as there's been very little tea money available for the past couple of months!

This isn't the common cops. It's the people at the top. And, they won't make any real money from this. But, one or two fines and they have more control. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

drinking itself promotes public gathering

So does eating.

Complete and utter brainless empty headed fools.

I think you'll find that they're not as utterly brainless, empty-headed and foolish as you claim, eating is a necessity for life, alcohol isn't.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

It seems that, as usual, some posters prefer to ignore what has been reported in this thread and then immediately rebuked by the second post as nonsense.    They then rant on about something that's imaginary, denigrating Thais for a situation that doesn't exist.  Brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Alcoholic beverages are a factor that worsens the Covid-19 situation,” he said. “Drinkers will have lowered immunity against the virus while drinking itself promotes public gathering, which increases the risk of the virus spreading,

It it really that "drinking itself promotes public gathering", or could it not be that "in a gathering such as in a bar, people also drink"?

I think they mess up cause and effect. Would be not the first time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

It it really that "drinking itself promotes public gathering", or could it not be that "in a gathering such as in a bar, people also drink"?

I think they mess up cause and effect. Would be not the first time.

Right. Breathing makes it possible to get the virus into your lungs if someone sneezes or coughs near you. So, breathing might need to be banned too. At least the inhalation phase. Exhalation is probably okay.

Edited by JCP108

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Social media users warned

It ****** to ** **** **** is ***** the mo** ********** be****** that ***** see* ** ***. P******** ********e*s is ****** the **w *** *******. How *** ** **** ****en.

photo2.JPG

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1

Ths virus has done the "anti alcohol lobbies" job for them.

So there you have it alcohol reduces your immunity,,,,, straight from the horses mouth.

I am in real trouble as many of you lot are too.

This is getting beyond a joke

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
45 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

immediately rebuked by the second post as nonsense.

Did you read to the end of that debunk?  Any mention of that beverage in a positive manner that could attract anyone to drink it, regardless of it being an innocent comment, could be charged?  So it may not be targeted to normal posters it could be used against anyone, at anytime!  Which kind of makes it even worse as now you will not even know you are violating a law until charged.  

"Did you read to the end of that debunk?  Any mention of that beverage in a positive manner that could attract anyone to drink it, regardless of it being an innocent comment, could be charged?" 

Yes, I did read it, which one did you read?  Here is the debunk...and the word "charged", or any of your comment to me, is not mentioned once.

"The Prevention Network against Alcohol has debunked a rumour circulating on social media that anyone can be fined Bt50,000 for posting pictures of beer or using the word “beer” online.

“The rumour clearly intends to cause public panic and undermine the work of the Office of the Alcohol Control Committee, the Department of Disease Control and the Public Health Ministry,” said Chuwit Jantharot, a coordinator at the network. “The rumour also distorts the intention of the Alcohol Control Act BE 2551, which aims to protect people’s health and reduce new drinkers. It has sparked misunderstanding and hatred among people towards the law.”

Chuwit said that during the Covid-19 crisis, there had been evidence of alcoholic beverage producers trying to promote their products via online channels, with tie-in advertising to boost sales.

“Alcoholic beverages are a factor that worsens the Covid-19 situation,” he said. “Drinkers will have lowered immunity against the virus while drinking itself promotes public gathering, which increases the risk of the virus spreading, as we can see from a cluster of cases generated from bars and pubs in Bangkok.”

Alcohol Watch Network coordinator Kamron Chudecha said that posting the word “beer” or displaying photos of beer containers (bottles, glasses, mugs or cans) in which the brand cannot be made out is not in violation of the alcohol-control law.

“The law only aims to prevent the advertising of alcoholic beverages on media platforms,” he added. “If the poster has no commercial intention, he/she cannot be fined.”

Kamron added that “commercial intention” includes promoting the beverage’s characteristics (taste, effects) and persuading the public – either directly or indirectly – to drink".

Where does any of that relate to your comment to me which said...

"Any mention of that beverage in a positive manner that could attract anyone to drink it, regardless of it being an innocent comment, could be charged?  So it may not be targeted to normal posters it could be used against anyone, at anytime!"

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I think you'll find that they're not as utterly brainless, empty-headed and foolish as you claim, eating is a necessity for life, alcohol isn't.

Yes Reverend...........????.........................

Are you disputing what I said?

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
10 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Where does any of that relate to your comment to me which said...

10 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Kamron added that “commercial intention” includes promoting the beverage’s characteristics (taste, effects) and persuading the public – either directly or indirectly – to drink".

No one is disputing the commercial aspect of the advertising, that is not what I commented on!

3 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

No one is disputing the commercial aspect of the advertising, that is not what I commented on!

I edited to make clearer - they define commercial intention as they see fit (not as a normal firm) - and it does not have to be intent but even an indirect effect.  

With all the drunken Thai murderous drunk drivers on the loose they're worried about what ? Where do they find these Einstein's anyway , just another example of chasing ghosts again...fuk me when will it end..ttthats all folks !