Social media users warned after company fined 50k THB sharing beer photos on Facebook

webfact

44 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

It it really that "drinking itself promotes public gathering", or could it not be that "in a gathering such as in a bar, people also drink"?

I think they mess up cause and effect. Would be not the first time.

This is one of the main deficits low IQ people have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

This kind of audacity behavior my friend could get the firing squad and not even blind folded...

To maintain their inconsistency with the outside world the Thai government rule that the army firing squad are blind folded. One of the many reasons cited for this is to save on paper required for the heart target...which subsequently means less littering.

Who can argue with common sense?

• Haha 1

This nugget of sage wisdom attracted Stadtler's attention:

“Alcoholic beverages are a factor that worsens the Covid-19 situation,” he said. “Drinkers will have lowered immunity against the virus while drinking itself promotes public gathering, which increases the risk of the virus spreading, as we can see from a cluster of cases generated from bars and pubs in Bangkok.”

Stadtler didn't read any reference to science or a scientific article.  He wonders where the source of this statement is derived.

The clip above is from the article in The Nation putting an end to the rumor put forth by this thread, which also states:

“The law only aims to prevent the advertising of alcoholic beverages on media platforms,” he added. “If the poster has no commercial intention, he/she cannot be fined.”

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389225

This information needs to be widely inseminated to all smartraveller gov sites, to warn future incoming travellers;

- that uttering the beer word tastelessly, is more serious than the ccp virus

just looked back to see how safe my facebook is?

- and rediscover (thru revisiting my old past-profile photos) that my taste sat well above that of worshipping  'beers' at the time ????   

No photo description available.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Social media users warned after company fined 50k THB sharing beer photos on Facebook

Even if you have such pictures on your Facebook page going back years you could be prosecuted.

Even the suggestion that beer, wine or spirits might TASTE a certain way could result in a fine of AT LEAST 50,000 baht.

It could also be illegal, for example, to suggest while living in Thailand that you might like to go and enjoy a beer at the Oktoberfest in Germany, notes Thaivisa based on information given in a Siam Rath report.

Fines could even go up to half a million in severe cases, that is up to the authorities.

Demands for payment will be sent to your home and then it's a question of pay up or try your luck in court. No one has done that so far said the admin of Beervana Thailand who received a 50,000 baht fine through the mail in May.

They published the receipt from the public health ministry stamped by the alcohol control section. 

* Showing an alcohol brand name or any packaging

* Identifying a beer bottle even if it was empty

* Inviting others to enjoy an alcoholic beverage

* Suggesting that beer or other alcohol has a certain nice taste or any taste

* Inviting others to try alcohol in any way

* Posting an empty glass with a logo

* Suggesting (while living in Thailand) that people could fly to another destination where they COULD get a beer

* Any pictures of beer or alcohol of any kind in Thailand whatsoever

Now hear this:

This is the biggest load of <deleted> that I've Heard for a Long time .

Are they Really serious or plain Stupid. 

Come of it this isn't normal ,not even in a 3rd World country. 

I'll have a beer now . :burp:  ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It seems that, as usual, some posters prefer to ignore what has been reported in this thread and then immediately rebuked by the second post as nonsense.    They then rant on about something that's imaginary, denigrating Thais for a situation that doesn't exist.  Brilliant.

Funny how that "rebuke" was just "re-rebuked" in a further article. What'cha gonna say now, buster? Is it still "a situation that doesn't exist"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

It ****** to ** **** **** is ***** the mo** ********** be****** that ***** see* ** ***. P******** ********e*s is ****** the **w *** *******. How *** ** **** ****en.

photo2.JPG

I quite liked Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. I don't know what you've got against her.

4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I think you'll find that they're not as utterly brainless, empty-headed and foolish as you claim, eating is a necessity for life, alcohol isn't.

I think you'll find you missed my point completely. People gather to eat. Thailand is a culture of social eating. Thailand is a culture of the extended family. Alcohol has nothing to do with people gathering to share meals although most cultured societies have no problem with having a drink and eating. Can't post anymore. Time to make my beer battered fish and chips. Alcohol in the form of beer IS a necessity for this.

:burp:

• Haha 1